AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper

Remove this Banner Ad

Good test against maxy next week. Took ceglar and big boy to the cleaners.
1st battle v Maxy?
i can't remember if he played last year.

The presence he brings.
Needs to go the long bomb more. you're a ruckman Sammy. No fancy sideway handballs on the HF line please.

1st battle v Maxy?
i can't remember if he played last year.
Pretty sure he did, and that was the game that they were sooking it up about Bellchambers not getting a farewell?

The commentary around that gave me the royal shits as getting a game in to Draper vs Gawn was much more important.

Could be horseshit, I’ve got 2 small kids and a fried brain.

EDIT: Yep here it is: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09...s-left-unhappy-over-handling-of-bellchambers/ - sorry Hooksy and Hurls, Draper is the future and it was the right call to paly him.

Pretty sure he did, and that was the game that they were sooking it up about Bellchambers not getting a farewell?

The commentary around that gave me the royal shits as getting a game in to Draper vs Gawn was much more important.

EDIT: Yep here it is: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09...s-left-unhappy-over-handling-of-bellchambers/ - sorry Hooksy and Hurls, Draper is the future and it was the right call to paly him.
yeah, i remember that now.

Round 2 :)

They weren't asking Draper not to play. They were asking for Bellchambers to play mostly forward.

He is exactly what we'd been crying out for.

Bloody huge, mobile, has the right amount of mongrel, raw talent, infectious want to get better, his enthusiasm ripples to others and he shamelessly loves being a Bomber.

For mine his enthusiasm is a huge part in the fabric of the culture we are starting to see too.

He also stuck by use when we were in total disarray (with big offers being thrown his way too) and i really dont think we've scratched the surface on what he could become.

Play it again Sam... 💪

That explosive burst out of the centre bounce where he missed the target with the handball was amazing for a bloke as big as he is, Naitanui-esque. He has a level of athleticism I hadn’t contemplated before and I really have no idea what he could end up being. So glad he got a win finally and stuck fat when he could’ve been dying at the aints right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of those marks where the opposition kicked it down the line reminded me of Simon Madden. Oh, for a big man to dominate for years to come. Really see how much better than Phillips he is and that was his first game back. I wouldn't mind seeing us play Draper and Phillips in same team at some point instead of 2MP to see what that looks like. Drapes might clunk a few up forward too.

He is exactly what we'd been crying out for.

Bloody huge, mobile, has the right amount of mongrel, raw talent, infectious want to get better, his enthusiasm ripples to others and he shamelessly loves being a Bomber.

For mine his enthusiasm is a huge part in the fabric of the culture we are starting to see too.

He also stuck by use when we were in total disarray (with big offers being thrown his way too) and i really dont think we've scratched the surface on what he could become.

Play it again Sam... 💪

He is the epitome of what we are trying to build at the moment. A fun yet tough and ruthless team of young guys simply trying to get ahead in this AFL caper.

I have started doing this. In hindsight, while I still think my statement is true or approaching true, I regret stating it as investigating it is gonna be a pain in the arse.
just make s**t up - no one will fact check you and we’d all lap it up

This time next year could be genuinely the best ruckman in the league, amazing upside, someone at the Saints knew what they were doing when they tried to grab him from us.

Nah. Darcy has been probably the third best ruck this year, period. But then again, given it's a popularity contest, he might get in.

Just checked and Darcy turned 23 last week.

Ruck position is open. Luke Jackson probably gets it despite hardly playing in the ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back