Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a goose for getting caught but whether people like it or not, at every club at least 30 percent of players would’ve taken something at some point and that’s a conservative estimate.
Ridiculous comment - I'd say it's just under a third.....

What double standards are you talking about?

Some drugs are deemed to be performance enhancing, some aren’t, this isn’t an AFL thing.

Hollands has faced the same punishment any other person faces in the same situation.

Some of the complete rubbish I read about Bailey Smith on here because he likes the nose beers as well is a very good case in point of what I’m talking about.

People like to put their heads completely in the sand about drug use at our club when majority of players using would be favourite with the bookies if there was such a market.

Yet we’ve gone out and traded in a player knowing he’s on a criminal charge for drugs and it’s a completely different reaction.

I fully expect the very same reaction if a player disrespected someone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He reminds me a lot of a player we already have in Kennedy. If he has a better tank then hopefully he is a good player

A reasonable comparison, although I believe Holland has better agility moreso turning circle

I don't see anyone on our list quite like Hollands

As a forward, he is stronger overhead than Owies, Mots, Durdin, Fog, Jsos, and a more accurate and penetrating kick, but Martin has him covered especially aerially and agility

Hollands is also a better mid and or rotation than all of the above

For me, the comparison as to how he plays would be Josh Caddy

Me 1 hr ago:
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
LOL Melbourne... the Dees probably have Coke parties every Tuesday

Current Mood:
sad chris crocker GIF

No issue here though obviously not ideal.

Doubt he is the only goldcoast player (or player in general) getting up to "off field activities' but getting caught sure will be a rocket for him to up his professionalism.

Explains why we got him cheap and the way the trade played out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media knew as King was the one that mentioned that he had a personal issue that needed to be cleared by the club.

Last edited:
No issue here though obviously not ideal.

Doubt he is the only goldcoast player (or player in general) getting up to "off field activities' but getting caught sure will be a rocket for him to up his professionalism.

Explains why we got him cheap and the way the trade played out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media knew ad King was the one that mentioned that he had a personal issue that needed to be cleared by the club.
Wasnt cheap. It cost us Paddy Dow....future superstar of all time leading st Hilda to umpteen flags, so some here say :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think anyone talking double standards might want to reflect on the fact not many supporters knew of eh's transgression until he was in navy - of course, club administrators are another water boiling utensil of scale covered, non-land dwelling vertebrates..........

A reasonable comparison, although I believe Holland has better agility moreso turning circle

As a forward, he is stronger overhead than Owies, Mots, Durdin, Fog, Jsos, and a more accurate and penetrating kick, but Martin has him covered especially aerially and agility

It’s funny you say that because I remember comparing Kennedy to Caddy (before Caddy had the dominant season) and Parker when we got him

Makes sense why he’s come on the cheap. I’m not too worried about this. Back our culture to get him on the straight and narrow and playing some good footy. It’s strangely comforting that this is the reason he came cheap, rather than his ability. Low risk, high reward pick up.
And he was upfront and didn't lie about it.

I think anyone talking double standards might want to reflect on the fact not many supporters knew of eh's transgression until he was in navy - of course, club administrators are another water boiling utensil of scale covered, non-land dwelling vertebrates..........

But he’s in navy now so it’s all good…🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So can Hollands be potentially banned for this like was mentioned in that Smith article? Not really well versed in this area of the rules...

And he was upfront and didn't lie about it.
Yep and will be determined to train his arse off during the pre season to impress his new teammates etc and hungry going into 2024….. good recipe to repay the faith and fulfil the talent he has, could be a real turning point !

Elijah Hollands is Dean Rice with more tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back