Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

I read somewhere he's only got a 1 year deal? Surprising, yes he has issues, but still surprised we didn't offer 2 to give him some mental security to come across.
I reckon the opposite, for someone with potentially less than optimal attitude that first year could be sub-consciously treated as a grace period could be dangerous. Now he has to step up from day one.

I’ve done some due diligence using what some call the ultimate authority, and was stunned at what I found….

His story is told in 1 Kings chapters 17-19. Elijah was a man who was true, even when everyone around him was worshiping false gods. He boldly confronted the King and declared that there would be no rain or dew except at his word.

now for those of you bereft of a catholic upbringing, my scholarly skills clearly interprets this a EJ‘s confronted Ben King about some selection integrity issues, and refusing to play until Dew was sacked, hence his lack of games.

No wonder we got him so cheap!! Go well son.

I’ve got a great feeling about this move. People make mistakes and we all aren’t perfect. I also think the way the club has opened their arms to him could help his career immensely. He seemed hesitant making the move but as soon as we told him we’ll still bring him over, he was right into the idea of coming home to his brother and family. That’s a great sign to me. It shows contrition right away.

Now it turns out Smith was with Oliver the night of his "seisure'. At least with Melbourne imploding nobody will give a stuff about hollands drug charge. It'll be back page news.

We expect players to have the discipline to be nice to fans asking for an autograph, we expect them to train hard, we expect them to watch what they eat and show up for next year with a low body fat %. Asking them to follow the law and have the discipline to avoid drugs shouldn't be too much to ask. I hope the kid can play.
Poor post, your having a crack at a young man who, you, I, and anyone else have no idea at all of the possible circumstances behind his actions of what he may be actually going through…
Professionally as an athlete, yeah in general it’s not an ideal look but there is a myriad of reasons behind why individuals resort to alcohol or drugs…

I’m not going into all the different possibilities to why it happens whether you have any knowledge or experience with substances personally, i think you need to do some research so you’re better educated on these matters before throwing out comments like this…
👍

Poor post, your having a crack at a young man who, you, I, and anyone else have no idea at all of the possible circumstances behind his actions of what he may be actually going through…
Professionally as an athlete, yeah in general it’s not an ideal look but there is a myriad of reasons behind why individuals resort to alcohol or drugs…

I’m not going into all the different possibilities to why it happens whether you have any knowledge or experience with substances personally, i think you need to do some research so you’re better educated on these matters before throwing out comments like this…
👍
He wasn’t having a crack at him or claiming he knew anything about his situation, big time over reaction.

And if you’re going to push the research angle - want to know the biggest reason people consume drugs & alcohol - because they are fun!

You’re actually the one casting aspersions on the young man - as far as we know he was out with his mates having a night out & got snapped with a little something on him.

Yes, drug & alcohol abuse & dependence is a major issue & there’s a myriad of reasons (a lot very sad) why people have problems, let’s not make assumptions.

Last edited:
QLD drug laws changed earlier this year.

Police will issue a warning for first-time drug possession

People will get three chances to take up diversionary programs to halt drug use

Anyone caught a fourth time will end up in court

Given that’s the laws & he’s facing court (small possession) I’m making the assumption he was being a little prick & that’s why he’s facing court.
To me it seems extremely unlikely that he’s been repeatedly caught & undergone programs.

Being a smart ass to a cop can circumvent the usual process & land your ass in trouble real quick.

Given that’s the laws & he’s facing court (small possession) I’m making the assumption he was being a little prick & that’s why he’s facing court.
To me it seems extremely unlikely that he’s been repeatedly caught & undergone programs.

Being a smart ass to a cop can circumvent the usual process & land your ass in trouble real quick.

Maybe or he could have faced a hard ass cop who felt like making a point. It is weird that he has been charged.

Maybe or he could have faced a hard ass cop who felt like making a point. It is weird that he has been charged.
That’s why I’m leaning towards him being a dick to the cop, even a hard ass generally can’t be bothered to do the extra paper work (unless there quotas involved- or an opposition supporter😂).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s why I’m leaning towards him being a dick to the cop, even a hard ass generally can’t be bothered to do the extra paper work (unless there quotas involved- or an opposition supporter😂).

I don't know how you even get caught for possesion in the first place. Its not like they do random searches or pat downs. Either you'd have to be buying in a public place, doing it in a public place or so off your face that they see fit to search you. I guess you could be caught inside a club but usually the bouncers would just kick you out, not turn you over to the cops.

He wasn’t having a crack at him or claiming he knew anything about his situation, big time over reaction.

And if you’re going to push the research angle - want to know the biggest reason people consume drugs & alcohol - because they are fun!

You’re actually the one casting aspersions on the young man - as far as we know he was out with his mates having a night out & got snapped with a little something on him.

Yes, drug & alcohol abuse & dependence is a major issue & there’s a myriad of reasons (a lot very sad) why people have problems, let’s not make assumptions.
Yeah fair call, could have worded it a little better on my behalf, my replying post was based mainly on the back of following the law and having the disclipine to avoid taking drugs, their comments come across as a bit naive…
All i meant was he’s situation is simply not that black and white…
Appreciate your response, cheers…

Last edited:

You play AFL in QLD... what else are you gonna do? But seriously it'd been a cultural issue for them since inception. Sh*t won't fly at Carlton and we wouldn't have traded for him with the knowledge this has happened and he will get off without missing a chunk of games. You really start to believe that Nick Austin is proving himself to be a phenomenonal list manager. We have come a long way since Lucas, Bootsma, Jaksch(it)...

Last edited:
I’ve done some due diligence using what some call the ultimate authority, and was stunned at what I found….

His story is told in 1 Kings chapters 17-19. Elijah was a man who was true, even when everyone around him was worshiping false gods. He boldly confronted the King and declared that there would be no rain or dew except at his word.
This explains why it hasn't rained in my part of Queensland for aeons.
Take your drought to Carlton, Eli.

If we fight the charge, would that count as a 'contested possession'?
yes - throw that in with our experienced, tough as nails legal representatives - call em hard boiled gets.......

Justifying a lack of discipline and professionalism with your own. Touching.

Now we know why we got him as cheap as we did... kid comes with baggage. He's got a bit of work ahead of him now, let's hope he can learn and move forward.
I think you would be very disappointed with a lot of players. Some of them heralded as legends of our club

Uh huh, just like Bailey Smith and others hey?

Or the very high likelihood he’ll still be dabbling with a few of his new teammates

I think some people need to face up to reality, pull their heads out of the sand and reconcile themselves that players want to have a good time as young adults do but high calorie drinks like beers are not the domain of high performance cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Where would we be without knowledge banks informing us all that young people use drugs. Earth shattering information.

How does the 3 strike policy work? Just read Hollands has been suspended for 2 games so don’t get how the policy works.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back