Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what I've seen from the NAB Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a few games this year.

Obviously still behind others in the pecking order but a few injuries, suspensions or what not could well see him thrust into the hot seat quicker than anticipated.

I'm a fan of his.

Kavanagh and Merret looked good against gws. Got into a bit of trouble in contested situations but no real surprise given their size. When these two guys come on, and I expect they will, we will be a far better side than we are now.

I rekon he pulled out of a marking contest in the fwd pocket at one stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rekon he pulled out of a marking contest in the fwd pocket at one stage.

Yeah I saw that! It was very sub-par, but he doesn't exactly have the body to compete yet.

He and Dempsey both done it vs GWS who are only kids themselves, I don't think it is a very good look if we have to many doing it.

I would rather players hit their targets with kicks - This wins premierships .

I disagree, you need skill and Guts to win premierships. none of these 1/2 assed efforts I have seen Davey ( Allstar game pulled up in the 2nd qtr ), Merrett (vs GWS in the pocket 2 mins left in the 1st qtr), Heppell (vs Collingwood in the center of the ground 30seconds in the 2nd qtr), Ryder (I will find his, think it was on the wing vs Richmond) and Dempsey (vs GWS luckily fletcher mopped it up), all in these 4 games of Nab cup and the aborigional allstar game.
Gutless acts get you no where.

Based on what I've seen from the NAB Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a few games this year.

Obviously still behind others in the pecking order but a few injuries, suspensions or what not could well see him thrust into the hot seat quicker than anticipated.

I'm a fan of his.

Probably going to be howled down for this but if Merret is to play a few games this year, then he will have to displace Jetta in the team. Can he? wait and see prospect now

Fox Footy had his draft combine results similar to Tendai Mzungu.

That only measures athletic qualities.
It had Kavanagh equal to someone who I remember had poor disposal, just because he had high endurance and low agility and speed.

I've seen a couple of players that they have likened to Tendai. Made me wonder if they only had a handful of players loaded into their graphic ditties.

Everyone who's not Tendai is Melksham or Steven.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back