Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

The ex lives next door to the family. Had a couple of beers with him. Properly up himself. Chalk and cheese with Zach.

Heck Eth, must’ve been the straw that broke the camel’s back. Hopefully Stringer doesn’t go the same way. We can’t afford too many broken camels.
Was a leader, I listened to him at QT and he said "We need to cover the switch better and put more pressure on" and I thought, okay, might actually do better this season. Everyone else did that inside 50, except for him and Smack (who tried hard, but things weren't working for him). It was a ******* disgrace.

This actually makes complete sense, I saw one lone bloke picketing outside tulla after we got thromped by Richmond in that JLT game, it must’ve been Eth

Fantasia would be a big out, but I have no problem with Jackson getting a game.

I don't think we'd lose much in general if Jackson was in the side over Josh Green on a regular basis.

Fantasia would be a big out, but I have no problem with Jackson getting a game.

I don't think we'd lose much in general if Jackson was in the side over Josh Green on a regular basis.
Merrett had 8 touches against a VFL side on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay, stats from one week to back up an argument.

How'd he go the week before?
He had a good game against a side that teams in A Grade VAFA would beat. Big deal. The two weeks bookending that he had >20 possessions total and no goals... Yeah let's say the s**t games are the outliers.

He had a good game against a side that teams in A Grade VAFA would beat. Big deal. The two weeks bookending that he had >20 possessions total and no goals... Yeah let's say the s**t games are the outliers.

Or in other words, kicked 5 (? mightve been 4) against a VFL side (And having been at that game, he played well)

The small forward role is a fickle role - you have your good and your bad days. I'm simply saying I believe he could adequately do what Josh Green does in the seniors effectively.

Or in other words, kicked 5 (? mightve been 4) against a VFL side (And having been at that game, he played well)

The small forward role is a fickle role - you have your good and your bad days. I'm simply saying I believe he could adequately do what Josh Green does in the seniors effectively.
So if he spuds it up against Collingwood tomorrow, you'll admit his 5 goal game was an outlier?

He's never kicked more than 2 goals in a game and never hit double figures across a season. Green has failed to do so once in his career. When he was a teenager. Green is simply put a better player than Merrett.

Green is poor at many things; but he does crumb quite well and has a knack for knowing where the goals are to create shots from nothing.

Merrett isn't a horrible player, but i'm not sure he's clearly better than Green based on exposed AFL form.

I'd rather Langford in personally.

I didn’t really see him much last Saturday but if he was playing the small forward role he was playing it dumb (our forward setup was pretty dumb). We had Draper and McKernan deep but the ball would just go over their heads or hit the deck and their smaller loose man picked it up and swept it out.

I'm amazed we still have this bloke everytime I see his player thread bumped. Should have been delisted at the end of 2016 considering he couldn't get a game in a team with half it's players suspended. Waste of a lost spot 2 years running.
Yeah but he was working on stuff....and now he's...finished working on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back