Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

People who are acting as if he's completely inconsistent is baffling to me. He's had one bad AFL game, which he was dropped to the VFL for (where he averaged 25 disposals and more than a goal a game), and then returned and had 2 okay weeks and then a good game. All people want to remember is his one bad game though.

People who are acting as if he's completely inconsistent is baffling to me. He's had one bad AFL game, which he was dropped to the VFL for (where he averaged 25 disposals and more than a goal a game), and then returned and had 2 okay weeks and then a good game. All people want to remember is his one bad game though.
He hasnt really had any very good games though. Has been pretty average in most

He hasnt really had any very good games though. Has been pretty average in most
He's had several 6.5 games and two 8/10 games. In any case, that's pretty consistent if you ask me.

He's had several 6.5 games and two 8/10 games. In any case, that's pretty consistent if you ask me.
didnt say he wasnt consistent, just that hes been average in most. Looking at his games, Id say 4 of them have been average, 1 good game, 1 great game and 1 absolute shocker.

I think he'll be much better next year assuming we start winning games. Was hoping hed show a bit more this year but cant really knock him too hard considering the circumstances and inconsistent run at multiple games

Must be something to do with Essendon wingmen. Stanton out, Jackson in. Bash bash bash, not elite so continue with the bash.

Jackson has been alright this year. Who should we have brought in for him to date?

Edwards seems to be the current player who gets an undue amount of support.

See this is how you have a civilized disagreement, everyone.

I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

....maybe not the death....not dying for Jackson Merrett....you know what I mean.
I just read all this for the first time and commend you both for providing a thought provoking read minus stoopid interwebz stuff. Thanks.

His disposal was fine. He was one of our best tonight, but you're too pig headed to see that.

Going to have to agree with Eth here, Jackson was better against West coast, you could see he was making the effort to take an extra half second to ensure his disposals hit their target, unfortunately on a couple of occasions his targets turned away at the wrong moment or him taking the extra time caused the opportunity to be closed up, but you could see that there was effort and thought involved with most of his disposals.

I think its finally clicked for Jackson, in the sense that if he doesn't improve he'll actually never be as good as his little brother, so it may be a bit of rivalry coming into play, its about time too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have to agree with Eth here, Jackson was better against West coast, you could see he was making the effort to take an extra half second to ensure his disposals hit their target, unfortunately on a couple of occasions his targets turned away at the wrong moment or him taking the extra time caused the opportunity to be closed up, but you could see that there was effort and thought involved with most of his disposals.

I think its finally clicked for Jackson, in the sense that if he doesn't improve he'll actually never be as good as his little brother, so it may be a bit of rivalry coming into play, its about time too.

You honestly think it's clicked with him (which is highly arguable) due to the fact his brother is doing so good?

When were the two 8's?

I can appreciate you sticking up for him, but if he's played a couple of 8's this year, then his brother's had seven 12's.

The reason people complain about him, I think, is that he seems to have the tools but has no idea how to use them. His kicking on Thursday night was poor, I don't really see how anyone can defend that. On two or more occassions he kicked it down an Eagle's throat, and on two or more seperate occassions he looked up, saw we had no options forward, but decided to kick it long any way and allow West Coast the very easy counter attack.

It may not be his kicking that's entirely to blame, but instead his decision making. People like to bang on about how he's so young and to be patient with him, but he's 23 and in his fifth season now. I think he gets lost in our depth next year.

Surely you're not blaming other players 'turning the wrong way' for his shanky kicks?

The love on this site for a player who's done so little is extraordinary.

I think you'll find people who 'love' him on this site in the minority and it's really about as extraordinary as the crumpets I had for breakfast this morning.

People suggesting he's having 8/10 games and that it's the other players that are to blame for his shanky kicks - far more extraordinary than your breaky for mine.

You honestly think it's clicked with him (which is highly arguable) due to the fact his brother is doing so good?
If you read what i said youd know the answer, i said "I think its finally clicked for Jackson, in the sense that if he doesn't improve he'll actually never be as good as his little brother".
Surely you're not blaming other players 'turning the wrong way' for his shanky kicks?

The love on this site for a player who's done so little is extraordinary.

I love how you both just latch onto one single thing i said and completely disregard everything else.

Sure i am blaming one of a few errant handballs on a player looking away, if you'd watched the game, i am sure you would have seen the incident, but directly after i stated that, i also said, and i quote "him taking the extra time caused the opportunity to be closed up".

If you'd like i'll elaborate on that point, i meant that, him taking the extra half a second or so to look for the right target and ensure he hit said target, caused him to dispose of the ball too late, via being tackled or the opposition being close enough for his intended target to be shut down.

Thursdays game was a step in the right direction for Jackson, he still has a lot of improvement to be made i am not denying that, nowhere in any of my posts have i said the sun shines out of his arse.

When you say 'people' you're just talking about ethan and sin411 right? That's 2 people.

Welcome to BF. You'll probably enjoy it more if you just flick past the extreme posts.

There's 49 other pages, have a flick through yourself and I'm certain you'll be able to find yourself a few more than 2 people.

I think you'll find people who 'love' him on this site in the minority and it's really about as extraordinary as the crumpets I had for breakfast this morning.
Wait a second, you can't simply leave it at that.
Butter or marg? What else did you put on, jam? Peanut butter? Maybe something else really cool that I don't even know about?

Wait a second, you can't simply leave it at that.
Butter or marg? What else did you put on, jam? Peanut butter? Maybe something else really cool that I don't even know about?
I usually put honey on them, but I know people who put vegemite on crumpets :/ I like vegemite, but what's the point of a crumpet if you put something on it that doesn't melt into the little holes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back