AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

From the “in the rooms” video, Mahoney said Wright is banging down the door to play. Either next week or the week after.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s an option for North
Overheard a guy at junior footy yesterday talking to an Essendon supporter about Wright as being "99% confirmed for North" and his shoulder "stronger than ever".
No idea who the guy is or how accurate his info is, but by the way they were talking it does sound like he has an insight into the club.

They were probably planning to give him three quarters in the VFL, then looked at the fixture. Playing Norf is the same, especially if we go injury free and he can be subbed out for the last quarter.
Lmao, the sheer arrogance of this post when we have been dogsh!t for 15 years is amazing.
But totally agree…

From the “in the rooms” video, Mahoney said Wright is banging down the door to play. Either next week or the week after.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s an option for North
Look I don't mind if he's an option for North, as long as Sheezel or Wardlaw become an option for us in return, and even then I want steak knives.

Won't play this week, but could be back next week
Won't play this week... but the week 'before the bye' is next weekend (Round 13).
2022 Crichton medallist, Peter Wright edges closer to a return, however, it will not be in Essendon's round 11 clash with North.

"Whether it’s before or after the bye is yet to be determined, but he won't play this week." McPherson said.

I think the question the selection committee will be pondering most will be if Wright gets more out of playing VFL or playing North where their key defender in McKay is very out of form at the moment.

I'd be leaning the latter, he'd get a week of playing with the same guys he'd be playing with the following week, including guys like Weideman/Menzie/Davey etc who he's never played with or had next to no time playing with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is usually a straight shooter, and with the sub rule the way it is they could put him in for limited minutes rather than coming through the VFL
Doubt he'd start us sub, but you could have Bryan as sub and manage their minutes. might have been the thinking for subbing Bryan last week...ease him into AFL.

i think we have enough flexibility in the magnets to name a tall sub with the view you'd sub another tall out, and if we lost a smaller player, others can adapt

Said last night that he wouldn't play this week, maybe Brad is saying that to keep them guessing
He's definitely doing that. The Scott brothers love the selection mind games. It's why Geelong don't give weeks on their injury list & why both sides like the late out swaps

Scott is usually a straight shooter, and with the sub rule the way it is they could put him in for limited minutes rather than coming through the VFL
Still a risk if there is an early injury or 2.

For me, play/manage him in the VFL then bring him back for the Blues.

I think my favourite quote from today's press conference is that they're running out of reasons not to play him. The surgeon has ticked it off, all the scans have come back healed, he's put a s**t ton of work into his shoulder (in the bit you quoted), he's done everything that's been asked of him, but about 6 weeks ahead of schedule. What are they supposed to do?

Someone who would know said he was having the best pre-season that he had ever had and is one of the most professional footballers he has every seen.
They are genuinely excited about having him available leading into the back half of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back