AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to spend the offseason practicing flailing about for free kicks and looking with sadness and shock at the umpire that he's been infringed so offensively in every marking contest.
Some of the free kicks I have seen Curnow and Max King get recently, oof

The weekends game was the first time in a while that he has at least failed to bring the ball to ground. Even if he doesn't clunk them (yes I know I know he hasn't looked like it this year) hes generally caused a spillage. I think we have to learn to work with what we have until we can draft or trade for a genuine big lunk with sticky mits. This is who Pete is. All things considered for a 4th rd pick were up

Plantar fascia, expecting a modified start to the preseason
haha he was playing with a plantar fascia injury at the end of last year. Christ.

Expecting a modified start to the preseason.
Peter Wright managed a plantar fascia injury in his foot towards the end of the season and although he will have a potentially modified start of the pre-season, that period is expected to be short

Modified running program, will re-join main training in the coming weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better than last week all across the ground, but were still amateur with the turnovers and not defending the corridor properly when they switch.

If we can keep pushing up and moving the ball quick but remove those turnovers we're looking good here. Are all of their scores from turnovers?

Much better than last week all across the ground, but were still amateur with the turnovers and not defending the corridor properly when they switch.

If we can keep pushing up and moving the ball quick but remove those turnovers we're looking good here. Are all of their scores from turnovers?
New match thread 😍

Unfortunate. He had his eyes on the ball and it was a chest mark, but it looked terrible when he turned his body.
I don't really know what else he could've done. I feel like he needed to protect himself in this situation as Cunningham was coming in on an angle.

Shocked that it's 2MP on the tribunal watch though - not exactly an aggressor.

I don't really know what else he could've done. I feel like he needed to protect himself in this situation as Cunningham was coming in on an angle.

Shocked that it's 2MP on the tribunal watch though - not exactly an aggressor.

Yep, the Sydney guy is definitely in the wrong. Front on contact.

Last second braced himself, would have looked better just going for the mark. But it’s hard to gauge when you’re not the player on the ground.

He was going to jump and take a chest mark in his stomach anyhow.

Had someone saying "he shouldn't have hit him so hard". So I asked this guy, "does that mean he shouldn't lead so hard?" ... perhaps we can insist that defenders don't fight so hard for front position so a forward doesn't have to lead so hard to beat them to the ball? lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back