2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Monday Wrap (round 6)

Score: 2013

Overall ranking: 20,718 (down 3289)

Heroes: Dal Santo, Hodge, Barlow, Pendlebury, Sandilands, Brown, Podsiadky, Gray

Villains: Goodwin, Goodes, H Shaw, Waters, Bastinac, Jetta (21), Hall ..... again way too many

League Status: terrible: 0-3, 1-2, 1-2

Injury concerns: Ablett, Shuey

Trades: Bastinac is due for an upgrade, Goodwin doesn't look right

Vent: Goodes and Goodwin :thumbsdown:

Kudos: Robbie Gray

Thoughts:
After a slow climb the last few weeks I dropped back down to 20,000 and my terrible SC season continues. Every week there's a score like Jetta's in there and 2 so-called premiums score 60. Like last year, not having Paul Chapman is a huge disadvantage. I'll do another upgrade this week and hope my team can turn things around.

Got 2150 with two premium donuts. Pretty happy to only slide out to 600th or so.

If Mitchell, Ablett, Martin and Shuey come back this week I'll be stoked.

Ok Ranking still embarrassing but looks better than last week so here goes.

Score: 2238

Overall ranking: 38,490 (up 20,128)

Heroes: Hodge,Enright,Barlow,Bartel,Selwood,J.Brown,Gia,Pods & a big :cool: to my Capt. Chappy:thumbsu:

Villains: GAJ. Other than that I can't complain as my lowest scorer was 53.

League Status: Div. 7 = 1st (3-0) yet i'm last on the total points ladder:eek: , 1st (3-0) , 10th (1-2)

Injury concerns: Just GAJ.

Trades: 14 left & none this week

Vent: Buying in GAJ. at 2.30pm Friday then finding out 1/2hr later that he had pulled out of the Richmond game.:mad:

Kudos: Chappy for filling in nicely as Captain:D

Thoughts: Happy to be heading in the right direction after such a bad start to the year.

Score: 1965 :mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Overall ranking: 5092 :mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:(from approx 2000th last week)

Heroes: Hodge, Malcessssssssski, Enright, Barlow, Selwood, Hille!! :thumbsu:, Brown and Pav

Villains: Don't get me started... GOODWIN- you better come good soon you piece of Adelaide crap, Gazza and Martin for both not playing resulting in 2 donuts in the mid (where the hell has Mitchy Banner gone?!), HIGGINS for not being his usual consistent self, GOODES, my new recruit!! :mad: for somehow only getting 62 despite kicking 3.3... I should have waited a week or two on getting you and played Pods but for some crazy reason I thought you could have scored a ton against Brisbane seeing as you averaged 110 or so against them!, HALL... though that game of footy on Friday was THE worst game of footy EVER. StKilda are a disgrace. Hopefully Baz bounces back against Melbourne.

League Status: 1st, 1st, 3rd,

Injury concerns: Gazza (though Bomber Thompson said he's a "strong chance" against Sydney this week), Martin (though surely 'general soreness' is only a 1 week thing), Shuey (where 'art thou midfield emergency?!)

Trades: Thinking none this week.. Though Hall-Fyfe and then starting Pods may be tempting

Vent: 1. Piece of s**t week for Supercoach.
2. Man oh man do I wish I started with Sandi in my team!

Kudos: NDS last quarter.. I can't even fathom how angry I would have been if you had have pulled out a 70 or something.

Thoughts: Terrible week and hopefully the only time I'll score under 2000 for the year. Hopefully my under performing premiums (Goodwin and Goodes I'm looking at you!) can pull their fingers out and Gaz and Martin return and I'll bounce back with a big score!

Score: 2212

Overall ranking:169th

Heroes: Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Barlow, Selwood, Sandilands, Pavlich, Brown, Podsiadly

Villains: Obrien, Waters, Cooney (36 disposals and only 80 odd points), Trengove, Bastinac, Didak (cmon I traded Medhurst for you), Higgins, Hall

League Status: 1st, 1st, 1st

Injury concerns: Ablett?? Martin???

Trades: None this week, only got 13 left.

Vent: Didak and Higgins, Didak I expect better from you in a 50-point win, Higgins I'll let you off this week due to St.Kildas game plan - same with Hall.

Kudos: My 3 freo boys Sandilands, Barlow and Pavlich, Brown too coming back with a 144. Selwood also deserves a mention.

Thoughts: Ablett better return next week. Is Podsiadly a keeper? Is Hall a keeper? Just waiting for my cash cows (Nason, Trengove, Martin, Bastinac) to mature.

@ Judd_Magic

I can't believe your score which included a donut and JKT

Well done that's a huge effort mate

Thanks mate. :thumbsu:

Pretty happy with my teams effort. If only I had Martin not injured instead of JKT on the ground then I could possibly be in the top 1000. :eek:

Hille > Cox this week and Ablett and Martin to return.

Things are looking good for coach Judd_Magic. :D:thumbsu:

Round 6 Wrap aka the week it all went to s**t.

Score: 1898

Overall ranking: 1,678 (plummeted 1427 spots from 251)

Heroes: Brown, Pav, Barlow, Eski, Hodge

Villains: Higgins, Boomer, Goodes, Hall, Jetta.. Trengove and Bastinac were dissapointing too - but really it was the donut thanks to Gaz and Martin that killed me

League Status: Around 4th to 8th in most leagues. Lost all games this week

Injury concerns: Gaz, Shuey.

Trades: May have to use some of the $ in the bank this week.

Vent: I knew this week was down the shitter after Friday night. Goddard captain sub 100, Higgins and Hall horrible. I could have netted myself an extra 90 points if I'd gone with my gut and put Pods on rather than Hall. Either way it's a shattering round after I was looking so good early and not too far off the leaders - now I'm a further 300 points behind them.

Kudos: I guess Barlow and Eski for continuing to prove to be bargains. And Browny for putting in a huge game even under an injury cloud.

Thoughts: I have money in the bank but any chance of a decent overall ranking is slipping quickly. I think it's time to just go all out early.

Score: 1956 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Overall ranking: 20,flowering 878.....
Heroes: Sandilands,Pav,Brown,NDL (THANK GOD), Barlow, Enright

Villains:
Where can i Start...Jarrod the spud thompson, might wanna kick the ball to someone? instead of the ground...That'd be a good start...14 SC.
Boomer, Your a champ but 41...cmon buddy :eek:
Kennely...70? took you over malceski what is this son? get off the guniness
Mitchell,Ablett,Martin for not playing...:(
Waters-63...Maguire did better then you..and hes on my bench??
Carrazzo-71...W.T.F
Barry Hall-31...Considering trading you mate.
And Fumbleton-Mate, you kick the goals and take the contested marks that=sc gold...but put a handball through a team mate, or a kick that's not at the goals...then you will go somewhere....

League Status:

3-0 2-1

Injury concerns:

Mitchell,Gablett,Martin, Hille (Reported)

Trades:
Hille>Cox Hunt>Rookie
Next week: Carazzo to Hargrave, Mitchell>Hayes,Selwood, any of them that are in the mid 500's
Leave me with 9 trades and Won't touch the button for a good 5-6 Weeks.

Vent: Mitchell for screwing me over and taking Carazzo over Gilbee...
Judd captian...106? really...

Kudos: NDS's Last quarter...if you pulled out another 70....would of made my sc score under 1900....

Thoughts: Sc plays with the mind, and makes you think things that you wouldn't want to do ;)

Score: 2143

Overall ranking: 6401

Heroes: Jobby, Malceski, Barlow, Brown, Pods.

Villains: Sylvia, Hall, Ablett.

League Status:Lost mates league to mate by 12 points, me Ablett, him no Ablett. 3-0, 3-0, 2-1.

Injury concerns: Martin/Ablett :rolleyes:

Trades: $284k in bank, considering Petersen to Fyfe, Medhurst or Hall to Chappy. Probably Medhurst given the pies are firing and he's not.

Vent: Ablett, tossed up between trading first for Sylvia or Chapman last week. Went Sylvia.

Kudos: Trav Clokes last 3 weeks, J Brown who I actually sent to the bench in my dreamteam team.

Thoughts: Like a drug or Civ II, ........."just 2 more trades and I'll stop"

Score: 2254

Overall ranking:

Heroes:
J Selwood, Barlow, JB, Pav, Gia, Pods and Stevie J

Villains:
Vince!? Doing my head in!

League Status:
4th (main cash league) 2nd and 12th (YYSC Championship)

Injury concerns:
Gram, Ablett, Martin

Trades:
No matter what NONE this week!

Vent:
Hille apparently going to get weeks. I didnt get to see incident...

Kudos:
Gia and Stevie J starting to show class. Barlow what can I say... GUN!

Thoughts:
Happy with score considering had 1 donut. Also really happy with trading in Pav. As much as I hate to say it Freo look the real deal and the usual suspects should keep on churning out nice 100's each week. Will Ablett return this week??? Gotta love the insta-captain option!

Score: 1967

Overall ranking: 4726 (I've dropped over 4000 places in 2 weeks)

Heroes: Barlow, Gilbee, Mal, Pav, Brown

Villains: Hall, Seaby, Medhurst, Kayler-Thompson, Lobbe (Emergency), GOODES

League Status: 4th, 3rd

Injury concerns: Seaby? Don't care if he is injured.

Trades: None... Roughead covers Seaby for now.

Vent: Goodes... you're just a huge disappointment. But I can't trade you out because your price has dropped by 120k.

Thoughts: My team's crashed out after starting so promisingly. Too many rookies.

Kudos: Barlow - One rookie I don't have to worry about offloading.

Score: 2,069
Overall ranking: 1,612
Heroes: Barlow, Hille, Brown, Pavlich, jPod
Villains: Too many, but the main ones: HarryO, Didak, Boomer, Hall
League Status: 3rd, 2nd, 3rd
Injury concerns: GAblett & Martin
Trades: 15 left, 182k in the chest, consider options for HarryO/Kennelly, Bastinac & Hall. Will use 1 trade only if a good option presents. Planned to do Hille to Cox so will see if there is still any merrit in that this week.
Vent: Not having my security blanket of a perma captain Ablett effeted my score in a massive way! In comes Goddard to spud up my first sub ton capt score. Top that with 13 out of my 22 WELL below average
I wan't Ablett back! I don't want to have to worry about captain choice!
Average down to 2231, hope I can swing it back the other way next week with a 2400.
Kudos: Barlow, Hille, Brown, Pavlich, jPod for getting me over the 2k mark!
Thoughts: NDS & Pendles both been scoring well enough for me, but dropping in price enough for other coaches to consider, Didak too, but I just got him in last week but I can see more jumping on him now too.
All part of the game i guess.
Didn't jump on Judd as a lot did. No real holes in my mids except Bastinac. I had the cash to go for Bastinac > Judd, but instead I wanted to get two upgrades from my cash reserves instead of chasing previous weeks points. Did Medhurst to Didak last week and not sure this week, but have 182k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score: 1892 - :eek::mad::eek: - Worst score in living memory

Overall ranking: Slid into 30k mark after too shockers!!!

Heroes: Barlow, Eski, NDS, Hodge, Buddy, Hille, Pav, Ball!!!

Villains: Harvey, JK-T, Rioli, Didak

League Status: Surprisingly, won 1, lost 2.

Injury concerns: Boyd, GAJ, Gram, Martin.

Trades: Really no need if I can get my team on the park. Maybe Fyfe in for Peterson who looks gone.

Vent: Where to start?? **** me. 1. My 2 best players (Boyd & GAJ) on the bench injured. Gram too. That's $1.7m of players not scoring. 2. Rioli & Harvey. Useless. 3. JK-T, How does a midfielder even a rookmie manage only 14?

Thoughts: Very ordinary week. But then again, I could of traded my way out of the two donuts by bringing in Judd for Martin. Instead, stuck to my plan and did not panic trade. Only after league wins so still on track. 16 trades and $230k remaining. Backline is nearly complete and once I get back Boyd & GAJ I'll be in a much better position in the mids. Basically, short of one premium in each position. Overall, not too bad but could go to hell again about 5pm Thursday.

Kudos: Rucks - Hill & Clark. Two weeks in a row that you spuds have delivered 170+ between you. That's all I ask from you. Murphy for bagging avery handy 73. Gumby for 57 and Maguire for 81. Quickly filling that spot as 7b.

Score: 2349. Easily my best so far.

Overall ranking: 42k

Heroes: Russell, Ball, Buddy, Gray among others.

Villains: Goodwin again, Harvey, Bastinac, Medhurst.

League Status: 5th

Injury concerns: Martin, Shuey, Russell?

Trades: Maybe Bastinac, maybe Medhurst but probably none.

Kudos: Only had 6 players score below 96, incl. Goodwin & Harvey. Backline is pretty much set. If Buddy, Gray & Pods score like they did this week then the forward line is getting there too.

Vent: Simon Goodwin... 60-something again!

Thoughts: Was lucky enough to have a full team in this week when many were copping zeros. Hopefully it continues.

Score: 2180

Overall ranking: 1188

Heroes: Selwood, Barlow, Dal Santo, Malceski, Hodge, Brown, Franklin, Pods

Villains: Ablett (causing me to get a zero), Higgins, Ziebell, Gumbleton

League Status: 4th, 3rd, 3rd (unbeaten in all 3)

Injury concerns: Martin, Shuey, Gram, Ablett

Trades: might go Hille > cox, or Peterson > 495k or below player
-
Vent:
Cant think of too much to vent about.

Kudos: Selwood and Brown

Thoughts:
Going to be an interesting 8 rounds for me as i go to europe on friday for 2 months, just hope i can keeps up the good scores.

Score: 2,197

Overall ranking: 842

Heroes: Hodge, Malceski, Barlow, Dal, Selwood, Sandilands, J.Brown, Pav, Buddy, Pods

Villains: Waters, O'Keefe (being tough here), Higgins, Goodes, Hall

League Status: 1st and 1st, both 3-0

Injury concerns: Ablett, Gram, Silvagni, Shuey

Trades: If Gram is still injured then I'll probably downgrade Silvagni to a rookie and upgrade Bastinac to a premium mid. Trying to stay away from trading this week though.

Vent: I bring in Goodes at a cheapish price and he serves me up that shite.

Kudos: Pods and Barlow yet again.

Thoughts: Forward line much too inconsistent. Might wait another week or two before making a trade for Chappy.

Score: 2193

Overall ranking: 12 477 up 6 146 places on last week.

Heroes: Brown, PODS!, Selwood (welcome return to form), Swan, Barlow, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Lake, Franklin, Sandi.

Villains: JKT, Bastinac.

League Status: Up from 15th to 10th. Good win.

Injury concerns: Gram (inj) and Moore not getting a look in require backline changes.

Trades: 16 left. Probably will use 2 this week.

Vent: That I spent money on JKT. It was a decent round though so less

Kudos: James Podsiadly. Words cannot express your awesomeness mate.
Back to SC world, the fact that as well as Pods, all my premiums pretty much scored above 100 this week. Starting to repay what I've invested in them.

Thoughts:
Need to fix the backline issues, Bastinac may have peaked so maybe upgrade time, so with all that to do I'll wait and see on Murphy for a couple of weeks.

Score: 2130

Overall ranking: 3300 (up 300)

Heroes: The nine players who were 100+

Villains: Rioli (You're better than that!), Higgins (Drafted in after consistent scores and starts me with a 60). I'm sure both will serve me well through out the year howver.

League Status: Second

Injury concerns: Masten. Poor bloke. And not an injury, but Maguire suspended for two? (one with guilty plea i think)

Trades: 12 :confused: I'm in trouble!

Vent: Please team, play well at once!

Thoughts: My backline is fine really. My mids could do with one more premium. My forward line needs another premium. Do I continue to burn trades to do it!? That's the big question. I am probably 3-5 trades from how I'd like it. Which would leave 7-9 for injuries... a little risky so early on!

Score: 2193

Overall ranking: 5040 (-2615)

Heroes: Selwood, Barlow, Sandi, PODS, Hodge, Mal, Goddard, Brown, Gia, Buddy....Hille

Villains: Silvagni's 43 lowest score.

League Status: Climbing

Injury concerns: Hope to get Ablett, Martin & Gram back this week. Shuey on the mend?

Trades: No trades this week ATM.

Vent: no major concerns

Kudos:

Thoughts:
Actually happy with Bobby Murphy's 73 this week. Hoping that he's starting to turn the corner. His 2nd half Friday night was much better, started to find the footy again.
David Hille also had his best game for the year, and l'm hoping he can continue this trend for the next few weeks before an upgrade takes place (unless he can sustain this form for the rest of the year of course.)

Score: 2033

Overall ranking: 12,643

Heroes: Gilbee, Hodge, Malceksi, Pavlich, Sandilands, Murphy, Hille (finally)

Villains: Cooney, Higgins
, Jetta
League Status: 2nd (slipped from first)

Injury concerns: Ablett?, Martin

Trades: Tempted to trade Cooney for someone

Vent: **** you Jetta

Kudos: After a s**t week last week Good recovery Lecras

Thoughts: To many donuts, not enough emergencies.

Score: 2056

Overall ranking: 172 (-132)

Heroes: Gilbee, Hodge, Dal Santo, Pendlebury, Barlow, Sandilands, Pavlich, J.Brown, Pods

Villains: Kayler-Thomson, Higgins

League Status:
8th

Injury concerns:
Ablett

Trades: Danger to a premium

Thoughts:
a crap score has seen me fall out of the top 100. will need a couple of great weeks to get my season back on track and get back inside the top 50. down to 16 trades so need to start upgrading.

Score: 2010

Overall ranking: 9980 (down 2969 :()

Heroes: Selwood and Pods :thumbsu:

Villains: Where to start...Jetta 21, Hall 31, Boomer 41, Silvagni 43, Goodes 62, Waters 63, Drummo 78.

League Status: First loss for the year in home league. Scraped a win in BF7 and slipping down the overall in TS50.

Injury concerns: Shuey hurry up and come back. GAJ, Martin, Silvagni?

Trades: None for 2 weeks. Boring... :p

Thoughts: My trades over the last few weeks haven't brought any real gains lol but happy to get to 2000 with my villains' scores. Going backwards overall though ****kk :mad:

Score: 2026 (~200 below my average for the year)

Overall ranking: 5819 (slipped 2100 places but in terms of actual points still not too far away...yet)

Heroes: The usual suspects plus Lake and Selwood finally

Villains: Jetta, Harvey, Hall, Rioli, Cooney (so much ball for such a mediocre return)

League Status: Went from two successive 3-0 rounds to 0-3

Injury concerns: Hopefully none if Ablett plays

Trades: Having rounded up some serious cash in the last two rounds with a bit of tweaking I now have too many options. Could turn Hall and Rioli into Pavlich and Chapman (which would make my current forwardline a fair bit stronger and more reliable but is against my usual trading principles), Kennelly and Waters into Goddard and [insert premium defender], Nic Nat into Sandilands (but I traded Seaby for Cox two weeks back and I kind of like the idea of having both freakish WCE rucks incase Nic Nat has games where he scores really well and takes significant points off Cox), or upgrade Martin before he fully matures to any mid I like, leaving Barlow as my 6th mid and one of the above options.

Or I could downgrade Rioli (who is shitting me the most and looks like he's playing hurt and could well be spelled soon now Hawthorn's season is all but over) to Fyfe and have a ridiculous amount of cash at my disposal to bring in 4-5 elite premiums over the next few weeks.

Really unsure which way I'll go yet, but I hope it goes better than my Reiwoldt->Rioli trade. :eek:

Vent: **** you Daniel Connors...really poleaxed my season not having the extra cash and points you should have brought me. Still cranky about it.

Kudos:
Mitch Duncan...for giving me excellent cover (unlike Jetta!) and helping me avoid a sub-2000 score.

Thoughts:
If you're as far behind the leaders as I am now after two poor weeks out of six and you're actually trying to win (not aim for a certain rank or win leagues), then I guess there's little point in picking up too many of the players which the top sides have and you don't, because if you do you can never make up the lost ground.

Maybe rolling the dice on some highly unique trades is the best option from here?

Score: 2219

Overall ranking: 13973 (up 2159)

Heroes: Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Sandilands, Jamar, Barlow, Buddy (c), Pav, Brown, Pods

Villains: Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Tippett (is even scoring like c**p when he plays ok)

League Status: 3-0 First total points, third by %

Injury concerns: Mitchell, Shuey, Ablett, Buddy

Trades: 13 left, don't think I'll make one, even if Buddy and Mitchell don't come up. If Ablett is down again, I may need to reconsider.

Vent: Shuey, Mitchell...WTF?

Kudos: To myself, for seeing through the early Seaby renaissance and choosing Jamar instead and for not being swayed by Barry Hall's NAB Cup stats against blokes half his size. Also, for pulling the trigger on trades for Davis and Schmidt, which look to have paid off, so far.

Thoughts:
I plan on sticking with Mitchell. If he's not in the team for round 8, then it's time to re-assess and cry about all the points I've given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back