2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

we need stablity!!!
give him a 2 yr deal however at the end of nxt yr have a review
also let him reorganise the backroom staff. Muscat and co
also appoint a bloody director of football

I completely see your point, but Craig Foster (whose views I despise most of the time) made some valid points that we are a shambles, are not improving and show no signs of improving. That no way should Magilton retain the job. He pointed out that we played 9 internationals on Saturday and were completely outclassed (Note: I didn't see the game).

I completely see your point, but Craig Foster (whose views I despise most of the time) made some valid points that we are a shambles, are not improving and show no signs of improving. That no way should Magilton retain the job. He pointed out that we played 9 internationals on Saturday and were completely outclassed (Note: I didn't see the game).

i agree the problem unless we can get arnie i cant see us getting anyone better

I'm shocked that Foster actually talked about something other than Barcelona or bashing the FFA

He's correct though on most points

We are a shambles, haven't really improved but we have shown signs of improving (i.e. a more cohesive center of midfield with Jeggo and Milligan)

We were however completely outclassed Saturday night and it was s**t to watch

He'd have to be the most succesful player to ever play at the top level domestically in Australia.

9 Grand Final appearances
5 Grand final wins (4 in the NSL (Knights X 2, Olympic, Glory. 1 in A-League with Victory)
Over 300 games

I don't think anyone has won anything near that as far as grand finals go. Maybe Clint Bolton? (5 grand finals, 4 wins with Strikers, Olympic, Sydney FC X 2)

Just hope Traore struggles like Rojas, would be bad if they also picked up Halloran.

As for 'Pondelhak' being released from the Victory, all I can say is: GOOD RIDDANCE!

1045740-Cartoon-Boring-Parrot-Talking-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who I want in next season: Thwaite, Halloran, Rogic, Milligan (permanent transfer), Bresch

Get rid of Allsopp, Brox, Kemp, Carlos, Solorzano & Fabio
Sign Covic permanently.

Lining up as follows:

-------------Covic------------

Leijer-----Milligan-----Thwaite------Traore

-----------Brebs----------------------------
Halloran---------------Bresch-------Rojas

------------Rogic-------Harry

Subs

Tandho
Foschini
Jeggo
Archie (no longer on a Marquee contract please)
Ferreira
Cernak.
Franjic

If unable to sign Bresh then re-sign Carlos as we need a creative midfielder in the centre of the park.

Much more balanced squad then the ridiculous squad from last season. We can only hope.

A club that doesn't even exist yet, no less.

Notes for WC:

1. Thwaite won't be joining
2. Milligan extremely unlikely to join
3. Bresc definitely not joining
4. Leijer is horrendous at RB
5. Brebner is out of contract and leaving (thank god)

A club that doesn't even exist yet, no less.

Notes for WC:

1. Thwaite won't be joining
2. Milligan extremely unlikely to join
3. Bresc definitely not joining
4. Leijer is horrendous at RB
5. Brebner is out of contract and leaving (thank god)

1. Why not?
2. It is a possibility.
3. In that case keep Carlos, if possible.
4. He has done a job there before. Has pace and not easy to beat on the wing, certainly not "horrendous" as you say.
5. My bad. Jeggo can do a job as our deep lying midfielder.

Thwaite is close to joining Perth, If Milligan joins it won't be until his contract with JEF ends. I hope we keep Carlos but it seems unlikely, strongly disagree about Leijer but what can you do, and Jeggo can do it if he's got someone next to him. I doubt it would hold up for an entire season but there were positive signs in the Jeggo/Ferreira partnership.

Don't like how people are saying 'get rid' of Carlos. We should be trying to keep him. The only reason we shouldn't have him next season is because he decides to leave. We shouldn't be trying to dispose of him.

Don't like how people are saying 'get rid' of Carlos. We should be trying to keep him. The only reason we shouldn't have him next season is because he decides to leave. We shouldn't be trying to dispose of him.

You need a better manager than Magilton for players like him, Kewell and Thompson. Carlos more than others plays the game on his terms and nothing I've seen from Magilton points to him being strong with the 'personalities'

Article in the Herald Sun today saying Magilton's contract offer has been withdrawn and Victory are looking around.

This club has no idea what it wants anymore.

Murray Shaw: I'm not saying anything else except that it's not an Australian. Would be a massive coup for the league. Well done Victory. 7am tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back