2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently its Zola, could been an April fools joke:confused:

Would absolutely love this. Apparently his daughter is studying in Melbourne and staying at the house of one of Victory's Directors.

As for the after 12pm thing Roadie, it didn't stop Spud Frawley last night.

yeah we'll see...anything is possible with this new board. Zola would be great, but after our last worldwide search which we ended with Mem I'm not going to believe anything until it's done.

All I can say is **** off Magilton

Never was a fan and this is the first smart move the board have made since sacking Ernie (although I give them a pass for bringing in Harry Kewell) but this board don't have a bloody clue

Sack the lot of them

Zola? FFS, did some of you fall for that one? Next up will be the Roy Keane rumour again.

Here's a tip for you though - Kevin Keegan.

Maybe he is the most skilled player mv have but I'm not sure he makes for the best team possible.

I dont know much about soccer, but have always enjoyed watching and supporting Victory on TV. Hernandez is clearly very skilled and play maker, but is it just me or does he often fade out after half time? More so now games are played in summer. MV certainly gave up many half time leads, and it appears to me even though dropping weight he struggles to have the same impact later in the games.

Id love him to stay, he's awesome to watch. But would it require another good centre to sub on after half time? Which would obviously limit the coin MV could offer him. Are teams better looking for younger players that keep the run up in the heat.

It should be our new coach's first task to get Hernandez fit. That should settle his fading out problems.

The Victory has dropped the EnergyWatch sponsorship on the back of the drama that's been going on in the paper. Probably the right decision but I'm sure they'd appreciate that $2 million.

It should be our new coach's first task to get Hernandez fit. That should settle his fading out problems.

The Victory has dropped the EnergyWatch sponsorship on the back of the drama that's been going on in the paper. Probably the right decision but I'm sure they'd appreciate that $2 million.

More than getting Hernandez fit is getting him to play for the team and not for his own agenda.

I like Magilton, but he had a bl00dy cheek throwing his toys out of the bath when told he was competing for his job with a few others. FFS he won two games.......we weren't a lot better than under Mem.......we weren't a lot more attractive than before either.

Fair enough the legacy was a non fluid game and a whole lot of older players on the books who would not be able to learn a pssing game, but the club would be derelict in its duty not to have thrown the position open again.

Ernie, what happened to Victory's defence this year? You were talking them up as way better defence than that bunch over west who would leak goals all year long.

Not sure how many clean sheets the Victory got but I reckon Perth got a fair few more.

Ernie, what happened to Victory's defence this year? You were talking them up as way better defence than that bunch over west who would leak goals all year long.

Not sure how many clean sheets the Victory got but I reckon Perth got a fair few more.

You idiot. I said all along, it was mv's midfield that was the issue.

As I wrote in the other thread, when Perth win a a league championship then you can gloat. Up til now Perth have done f all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have anything constructive to say other than calling me an idiot?

I'll try find the post you made where you went along and compared each Melbourne defender and said why they were better than the Glory defenders.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833433&page=29

Starts with me saying to someone else that Melbourne have one of the worst defences in the league.

You have one of the worst defences in the league and have my mate Tando in goals who has a tendency to flap.:eek:

I wouldn't go predicting title just yet for Melbourne Blue...

Cant be worse than Perth's and Tando is at a good club now not a crap one

Okay, here is Perth's starting defence for the upcoming season:

Vukovic
Neville-Coyne-van der Brink-Heffernan

Can Victory top that currently? Doubt it.

How would anyone know?How many games have they played yet? Know Heffernan is a crap defender. Coyne- mehh. Vulkovic is overrated. Van der brink must be the best defender ever.
What a load of bollocks Ernie. Put up Melbourne's best defence in your opinion and let's see which is the better defence. I will happily admit that the Victory have a better defence is they actually do.
Know MV will finish higher than Perth.

Probably will. That wasn't the question though.

Kemp > heffernan if you are talking defensive capabilities
Leijer > Coyne
The rest are Franjic, Vargas, Foschini and Feierra.
I have no idea about Neville again I thought he was more an attacking back.
I think you are confusing MVs poor record at opposition set pieces(much of it when Muscat was still playing and Petkovic keeping).
Vulkovic is prone to a few head explosions too.

Considering Neville did an ACL and Heffernan overstayed in China for half the season, plus Coyne hardly played a game. We only had two regular players from the predicted back five...and we still had a superior defence! Risdon & Pantelidis were outstanding surprises for us.

ange is the new hot tip..would be great if we get him, but can't imagine it will happen.

I'd say being the first A-League team to win the ACL would be a pretty big achievement, but that being said they wouldn't win. I think Adelaide making the final is as close as we're going to get for Australian clubs for a while.

Won't win playing Brsbane's style. Too many better football teams in Asia. Adelaide probably have the best chance this season out of the Aussie teams.

Yes and I bet other fans have made predictions that turned out wrong but you wouldn't jump on them if they were made by fans of other clubs. The same reason that so many fans of other clubs want to post in the "Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread"

This has nothing to do with Victory fans, this started in another thread and Ernie wanted it moved over here. Gone very quiet Ernie wherever you are! I thought you said you didn't comment on the defences Ernie?

I still state that mv defence was of equal that of glory. You have changed personal since my original call anyway.
Let 2 in at home against Wellington, playing duds like heffernan and panta!!! Bet you cacked your dacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back