2011 Official Trade/Delisting Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
trawling through trading and draft threads....
any thoughts on John McCarthy? cant crack it in collingwood's midfield and is a solidly build bigger midfielder, according to pies fans would probably cost us a 3rd rounder or something similar. worth a crack?

trawling through trading and draft threads....
any thoughts on John McCarthy? cant crack it in collingwood's midfield and is a solidly build bigger midfielder, according to pies fans would probably cost us a 3rd rounder or something similar. worth a crack?

I think this was discussed in one of the earlier trade threads, as a top up player that comes cheap i'd grab him but I think its more probable that he would fail to have an impact. Having said that he would have more of an impact then 7-8 of our current group.

I heard I little whisper today that Goddard was thinking of moving on now that Lyon has done the same, I also heard from the same source that the Saints rate Stanton and H. Slattery.
What would you give up for Goddard?
I'd offer Stanton + our 1st pick in the draft and I'd even throw in Slattery as a sweetener or Hooker + Slattery and our 1st pick.

What are your thoughts?

I heard I little whisper today that Goddard was thinking of moving on now that Lyon has done the same, I also heard from the same source that the Saints rate Stanton and H. Slattery.
What would you give up for Goddard?
I'd offer Stanton + our 1st pick in the draft and I'd even throw in Slattery as a sweetener or Hooker + Slattery and our 1st pick.

What are your thoughts?

Would rather get Del Santo - Better fit for our club.

Expect McCarthy to be traded to another club.

Seen him play 3 times at VFL level - Much too good for that level - And is the midfield playmaker - Of course plays a different role in the seniors.

I would get him if it only costs us a third rounder in a weak draft.

Who? Is he related to Mattey Allen who played ruck for Carlscum and Essendon?

And as to the tradsing Stanton to get Goddard.

Simple answer is No. We need to get better in the middle, not recruit a half-back flanker that weakens our mids.

c'mon mate we all know who he meant dont be pedantic on grammar issues... look at highlighted, we all do it.

That rumour on Goddard was just mentioned on footy classifieds and hutchy has thrown up Ryder and a first round draft pick.

If we got Goddard I would personally get his number straight away, 1 of my favourite players, whilst he plays majority of his footy across half back i think he is a utility, besides 3/4 of the saints side are half backers because of Ross Lyon.

Doubt he will come to Essendon and I think Ryder will have a breakout year next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon would do that deal in a heartbeat. No chance of happening.

Goddard is a star and would instantly make us a top 4 contender.

I would stop supporting the club if we traded Ryder.

You would stop supporting Essendon if they fascilitated a trade which would see us land one of the elite players of the competition? It would quite obviously be a massive, massive win for us. Especially if it only cost us Ryder
+ pick #20.

I find this very strange.

I would offer hooker Hank and our first rounder for him.
Trading Ryder would be a rob Peter to pay Paul situation, weakening our rucks, which will be our strength in coming years to strengthen our mids is pointless.

That being said why don't we just wait for free agency and sign him up, we've got the cap room to do it and the general consensus around the traps is that he will jump ship at some stage because in 3 or so years st kilda will be in the toilet. Lyon recycled too many and didn't play the kids so there will be a massive generational gap, if Goddard was smart he would leave...

No chance of trading Ryder after the faith Hird has put in him and the return we got from him as the year progressed.

Would do Slattery and Pick 20 in a heartbeat, would even go Stanton and 20 without thinking too hard. I like Stanton, but rate Goddard much higher.

Ryder (age 23) and pick 20 (in a weak draft)
for
Goddard (age 26)

Would be a big risk. We'd have to back in Hille and Bellchambers in the ruck. The club would want to be sure of being a premiership contender in 2012.

Id rather give up Pears or Hooker before I trade Paddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back