Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

i'd say it would be pretty expensive for relocation ect. Most of these guys playing college ball would have good coin offers coming from the euro basketball leagues (I know Wallance did) so $$$ would have to be pretty good for them to consider it.

I still don't get the whole Eric Wallace deal, he will be 25 next year and probably still 2 years from playing AFL for North if he even gets there, at best we could hope for around 120 odd games, after 3 years of dedication from our coaching staff, and that is best case scenario, I know it is a free hit in that he does not take a spot on the list, but I just don't get, does anyone? is it promotional? we can be America's team, is that the thinking?

I know it is a free hit in that he does not take a spot on the list, but I just don't get, does anyone? is it promotional? we can be America's team, is that the thinking?

You answered your own question Rb. It's a free hit and, given his size (not down THERE) and athletic ability as a combination, his potential is limitless. It's breaking ground in the US market where millions of athletes are prematurely scrap heaped when they miss the pro ranks. Nothing to lose.

I still don't get the whole Eric Wallace deal, he will be 25 next year and probably still 2 years from playing AFL for North if he even gets there, at best we could hope for around 120 odd games, after 3 years of dedication from our coaching staff, and that is best case scenario, I know it is a free hit in that he does not take a spot on the list, but I just don't get, does anyone? is it promotional? we can be America's team, is that the thinking?
I've got the feeling Eric brings more to the table the just football. We have been lacking leaders in that place for a while. And now you've got a bloke who's planning and preparation will be second to none. Appears to be very humble and just trying to better himself. I'm sure Brad has pulled a couple of the boys aside and said have a look at this guy couldn't kick a football a couple of months ago and now kicking goals in the VFL, hoping it'll rub off on the group.

I'm very pro-Eric Wallace. As DesertRoo said he brings a level of dedication which will drag some of his squad along.

If he can crack some AFL games that's a bonus. You can't tell me there's no place for a bloke with this athletic credentials in the game. Keep drilling his aerobic capacity and skills and you just never know.

I'm not going to put limits on such a positive driven character. Imagine if some of our homegrown blokes had his attitude.

I'm very pro-Eric Wallace. As DesertRoo said he brings a level of dedication which will drag some of his squad along.

If he can crack some AFL games that's a bonus. You can't tell me there's no place for a bloke with this athletic credentials in the game. Keep drilling his aerobic capacity and skills and you just never know.

I'm not going to put limits on such a positive driven character. Imagine if some of our homegrown blokes had his attitude.

The ceiling of athletic/footballing potential for these blokes is unreal. I saw sydney signed one of the americans up earlier in the week.

After careful consideration this is my wish list for the draft period is:

Round 1: Luke McDonald
Round 2: Dayle Garlett
Round 3: Delaney and pick 3 for NDS.

For those that have seen him, is Jay Kennedy Harris a good fit? Sounds realistic that he may still be around come our 2nd pick.

Yeah mate, he is a small half forward flanker/wingman who knows how to gather the footy. He is very quick, clean hands and a good ball user. Would not surprise me if we use our second round selection on him. Similar to Bradley Hill.

After careful consideration this is my wish list for the draft period is:

Round 1: Luke McDonald
Round 2: Dayle Garlett
Round 3: Delaney and pick 3 for NDS.

so you wish we have to trade for a possible free agent?;) I think they call that a BLINK.

My wishlist
Round 1: Darcy Gardiner
Round 2: Luke McDonald
Round 2: Billy Hartung (Delaney Trade)
Rookie 1: Dayle Garlett
Rookie 2: Tom Boyd (GWS forgot to call his name and no one else realised):)
Trade: Delaney and Round 3 Pick for Brisbane's Round 2 pick (stkilda can play another year without any tall defenders)
NDS walks and tells stlikda FA me now.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that have seen him, is Jay Kennedy Harris a good fit? Sounds realistic that he may still be around come our 2nd pick.
he has good skills and is quick but is very lightly built and will not have an impact at afl level for a couple of years.
I prefer Jarmen Impey or eli templeton as players who are similar and can play wing or small forward and are more afl ready

he has good skills and is quick but is very lightly built and will not have an impact at afl level for a couple of years.
I prefer Jarmen Impey or eli templeton as players who are similar and can play wing or small forward and are more afl ready

Been hoping for a while we could snag Impey with our 3rd, shhh hes a secret :)

I have no idea if this is something that is well known, but I've heard that North are quite keen on James Battersby from SA.
Gees I sure hope so, he was one that I really liked during the champs, Iv even asked about him a in this thread. Hope he gets to our 2nd so we at least get a shot at him.

Anyone know anything about Mitch Honeychurch? from what I have seen of him which is only a little, he looks like a future gun player, watched some of him on Foxtel for the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships really liked what I saw. Haven't heard much about him through the Combine though? He reminds me quite a bit of a young Jobe Watson type.

Anyone know anything about Mitch Honeychurch? from what I have seen of him which is only a little, he looks like a future gun player, watched some of him on Foxtel for the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships really liked what I saw. Haven't heard much about him through the Combine though? He reminds me quite a bit of a young Jobe Watson type.
I no he's only around the 174cm tall

He is one of the best clearance mids in the draft but with his frame and height I doubt he would be able to play as an inside mid at AFL level. There isn't any current sub 175cm inside mids that spring to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back