2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

And his grandad. Could do worse, had 3 years dev at Hawks.
So had Lisle.
Normally you would be hoping a son would be as good as his father - without being unkind, in Grimleys case you would be hoping he was a good deal better than his father.

Ouch, that cant be the answer for every player who has spent 3 years at the hawks!
Difference is Hawks off loaded Lisle, they will take Grimley back.
No it isn't the answer for every player but it is our most recent example. As I read the article, Grimley wanted to leave during the trade period but there were no takers. But for our interest they probably would have kept Lisle too.

Have long been a fan of this guy. Excellent age profile, 4 years in the system and ready to produce. Just couldn't get the opportunity at the Hawks. CHF or CHB in the offing. Plus the Lions and Qld connection is a bonus.

No it isn't the answer for every player but it is our most recent example. As I read the article, Grimley wanted to leave during the trade period but there were no takers. But for our interest they probably would have kept Lisle too.
I'm pretty sure they'd just want him as emergency depth, particularly with Lowden gone.

we should be right into him, very good athlete if we could nab him in the rookie draft it would be ideal for us he can develop at either end, and isnt a softie like lisle

On top of that, Hawthorn are at a different stage of their cycle now too. A few more years down the track and an ageing list, they might have kept Lisle had it been now and not then. They won't be so quick to clean out or let go of depth now as they were a couple of years ago, so the fact that Grimley was on the block, should sound alarm bells, as you say.

Does anyone know much about Shroder (excuse spelling) that was delisted from the cats? Winner of a VFL B&F at the age of 21. Sounds like he loves the contest and could be worth a rookie spot?

Maybe there were no takers at what they wanted for Grimley
Also, Hawks didnt discard Lisle, we traded for him. He moved for some more opportunities with us.
pick 23 from memory! Hawks got the better of that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. At the time it was a weak draft for talls and we needed something. Lisle was a better option at the time than using pick 29. Lisle played some decent games in his time here and was useful depth. Just didnt come on the way we hoped he would.

Maybe. At the time it was a weak draft for talls and we needed something. Lisle was a better option at the time than using pick 29. Lisle played some decent games in his time here and was useful depth. Just didnt come on the way we hoped he would.
IIRC Shane Kersten was taken with a mid-30's pick.

Does anyone know much about Shroder (excuse spelling) that was delisted from the cats? Winner of a VFL B&F at the age of 21. Sounds like he loves the contest and could be worth a rookie spot?
You seriously have no need for him, not that he can't play- he is a goer, but already your MF depth is extraordinary. Bundy Christensen is a HUGE loss for us, really, a genuine A Grade mid if fit. With the others you have selected, Beams in particular, added to Zorco, Rockliff, etc, you guys COULD get an established KF, KB while waiting for McStay to emerge- I see his upside as huge, and liken him to the next Harry Taylor.
Hope your team sees the best of Bundy- we didn't this year for various- mainly injury- reasons.

I have a bit of a like aspect for Brisbane, going back to the 3-peat era, and was a huge fan of your MF then, and an unashamed love of AKER- in my all time top 10 players since 1963.

Last edited:
Find it interesting when opposition supporters are so certain as to what our recruitment strategy "must" be. Assuming we take Hammelman and maybe Uebergang as a rookie, I'd not be looking to use our late draft pick to on yet another long shot 18yo tall.

Equally, a fringe midfielder also doesn't fit our needs.

Although I expect "wet lettuce leaf" punishments, if real suspensions are handed out, he might captain the seniors yet.:D
Is that when they wrap the offending players testicles in wet lettuce leafs and then beat aforementioned appendage with a paddle? If so, more power to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back