List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC surely wouldn't entertain any trade this year. If he has a full year next year they can ask the world for him. They'd be mad to trade him for unders now, unless they KNOW his knee is stuffed in which case we don't want him.
No way we even entertain the idea this year.

If he plays good footy again next year and looks to be over the knee problems, then we do a deal. Even if it's 1st Pick and a player.

the same kenny ong whos played dev league this year...

every year people over-rate the sandy players because they are forefront in peoples mind due to the alignment

theres not one sandy player i'd take to be honest

Kenny was good early on especially. Was kicking goals and looked good. I was thinking at another club not us but you could do worse in a shallow draft. Sandy could win the premiership and guys like Brown will be in a few teams sights.

Shifty Bulldogs player like Kenny Ong? Dallhaus? Crameri? .. hmm.. Wallace? I dunno can't think of anyone that fits the description

They seem to have lots of smaller guys who can pop up and score a couple of goals from the wing or midfield, wasn't thinking of anyone player particularly, just the way they like to use multiple attacking options. He looks alright Kenny but small a lot like several Dogs players.

They seem to have lots of smaller guys who can pop up and score a couple of goals from the wing or midfield, wasn't thinking of anyone player particularly, just the way they like to use multiple attacking options. He looks alright Kenny but small a lot like several Dogs players.
ahh, i thought you were alluding to lin jon, or at least tried to make it seem that way :p

ahh, i thought you were alluding to lin jon, or at least tried to make it seem that way :p

Na, didn't even think of him. I like Kenny and would love to see him get a crack, he has something about him. He thinks pretty quick and is slippery. He started at my kids junior footy club so you always want those guys to get a crack at an AFL career.

Well, being a bunch of arseholes is not compulsory… We've just done deals with Geelong & Hawthorn without all the macho posturing.

That Ryder situation was appalling, the guy was desperate to get out of the drug-riddled hell-hole and you guys made it excruciating for him… I was really hoping he was going to test out the legal clause and walk for nothing.

It's safe to say your knowledge of that particular situation is pretty close to zero, and it shines through with biased rubbish.

To say it was made excruciating by Essendon is so incredibly off the mark that it'd take far too long to bring you back to some semblance of reality.

We got picks #17 and #37 for him which was unders. We took it to get him there. Same with Crameri the year before, and Monfries.

When a microphone is shoved under your nose about a valuable player leaving and you're asked about a trade, if you think "we value him and think he's worth a top 10 pick in return" is being an arseh*le, you must be an extremely sensitive type.

As i've said, Carlisle will choose a club and he'll get there for unders, because he's uncontracted. That's how it works. Really no need for tantrums.

#10, #23, #2, #31, #38 apparently.
If this is true, there'll be 4 senior list spots (one ready for Sinclair) and 3 rookie list spots.

My guess is there'll be one new out-of-contract player we trade in or get in the PSD. If we swap a player in that trade or trade one out, we could still have 4 spots on the list (minus Sinclair).

What if we ended up with a first and two third round picks from a pick-swap – say picks #5, #41 and #44 ?
In draft pick values 41 and 44 = 25 and could be where Rice gets a bid. Take him and upgrade Holmes ?

Or would Trout and Bains prefer to back themselves in to find gold in the third round ?

We got picks #17 and #37 for him which was unders. We took it to get him there. Same with Crameri the year before, and Monfries.
This is such self righteous bullshit. WE WERE SO NICE TO LET HIM LEAVE AND LOOK WE EVEN TOOK UNDERS. HOW NICE ARE WE!

Clubs don't trade contracted players for unders because they are nice. They do it because they have a choice between trading a player now and getting what they can OR keeping a player that doesn't want to be there and then getting even less next year.

You aren't the only clubs fans I've heard speaking like this.

It's safe to say your knowledge of that particular situation is pretty close to zero, and it shines through with biased rubbish.

To say it was made excruciating by Essendon is so incredibly off the mark that it'd take far too long to bring you back to some semblance of reality.

When a microphone is shoved under your nose about a valuable player leaving and you're asked about a trade, if you think "we value him and think he's worth a top 10 pick in return" is being an arseh*le, you must be an extremely sensitive type.

As i've said, Carlisle will choose a club and he'll get there for unders, because he's uncontracted. That's how it works. Really no need for tantrums.

Putting everything aside for a moment, it is well known within league circles that your club is incredibly difficult to deal with. Dodoro is one of the main reason for this and is very lucky to have kept his job as was going to get the flick at least twice that I know of, (source is from a mate who works inside your club). There is a reason that until recently you didn't close many trades (apart from BJ). I think you will continue to suffer from this issue until new management come in once all the WADA problems have been resolved.

Now back to Carlisle. He is not worth our 1st but just our 2nd is too low. Def something in between but you are at a slight disadvantage me thinks. Why? Well WADA for one, OOC for two, he hates the club and has made that public for what they have done to the players three, I would query his current form four, you don't have that much to bargain with as at worst case if he doesn't get the trade he will say a big FU to the club and walk to the PSD, five!

Yes that means that we will unlikely end up with him and it would be the blues BUT you will get nothing. So IMO it is in Essendon's interest to deal with other clubs and start dealings in a realistic manner so that you can get something. The Luke Ball situation still angers me that we got nothing. Trust me you don't want that. Another mate worked as a recruiter/talent spotter in the junior leagues for you guys some years ago. (Side note he actually went for the job at at the Saints that Bains got). He was the one who begged Dodoro to get Hibberd...oh the stories I could tell :)

Yes all clubs supporters (us included) over value our players but in the end we trust in the clubs to come to a fair arrangement. generally that is the case, except for............and you know what I'm going to say here..........Dodoro and Essendon!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy wanted to leave after he was subjected to Dank's program.

He genuinely feared for the health of his unborn child and no-one could tell him what he was injected with.

Most people feel that you guys deserve nothing when these guys want out, I would have thought pick 17 on it's own was pretty generous given the circumstances… but not enough for Essendon even though he probably could have walked for nothing due to his health & safety being severely compromised while at your club.

At least Carlisle is out of contract so the usual threats from Dodoro can be be ignored.

You're seemingly a good dude BM, so I mean no offence… you know very well that you don't always receive full trade value when a player wants out, this seems to be lost on the rest.

There may be more to the Ryder exit from Ess than meets the eye but I suspect that has become a convenient way to denigrate his decision to get out.

The player exodus that many Ess supporters took great delight in ridiculing as BS seems to be a reality now. If you said 3 years ago that they'd lose Crameri, Ryder & Carlisle it would be laughed out of the room.

Maybe it'll take a few more exits for the penny to finally drop.

I’m a fan of Ross. Not pushing him out the door.

But if Trout and Richo think its best to include him in the trade for Carlisle, it has some interesting flow on effects potentially.

Acres becomes a starting inside mid next year.

Our top 6 mids would look something like: Armo, Steven, Weller, Dunstan, Acres, Pick 5.

Does it possibly open a door for Wright to get some midfield time and revive his career?

One thing I do like about Ross is that his disposal is very neat. He rarely burns the ball for an inside mid, by my observations.

Will be interesting to see if his replacements in Acres, Wright and pick 5 offer the same quality of disposal.

Kenny was good early on especially. Was kicking goals and looked good. I was thinking at another club not us but you could do worse in a shallow draft. Sandy could win the premiership and guys like Brown will be in a few teams sights.

you want to win a VFL flag then sure draft them. but they wont cut it for an AFL finals side.

look at clinton jones...

I'm also a fan of Seb Ross. But at the moment I am right on the Matheison train, and I just don't see how we fit Armitage, Dunstan, Weller, Steven, Ross and Matheison in our best side without finding room for some outside run. So I'm happy for him to be put up for a trade if it means we can sure our up key position stocks for the nest 8 years.

I'm also a fan of Seb Ross. But at the moment I am right on the Matheison train, and I just don't see how we fit Armitage, Dunstan, Weller, Steven, Ross and Matheison in our best side without finding room for some outside run. So I'm happy for him to be put up for a trade if it means we can sure our up key position stocks for the nest 8 years.
so it's Carlisle & 44 -> Ross & 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back