2016 AFL Finals - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Fri, Sept 9, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be something more like the Freo final - 25k Cats members and only 4-5k Hawthorn.

Lol no it wouldn't. If anything there'd be more for the Hawks based on demand. 11k Cats is about right.

There are some eerie similarities between Geelong 2014 and Hawthorn 2016 including a ridiculous number of close wins (we were 7-0 in games decided by less than two goals that season, Hawks are 6-0 in games decided by less than 10 points this year) and a similarly low percentage.

I hope the script follows, down to them losing the QF and us winning the flag.
Hawthorn is a significantly better team than Geelong

Lol no it wouldn't. If anything there'd be more for the Hawks based on demand. 11k Cats is about right.

Not considering it's our home ground. Would be something more akin to the situation in WA/SA - as it stands now, few visiting fans can buy seats for H&A games at Simonds. Aussies have a weird sense of entitlement with regards to accessing tickets at sporting events, especially in comparison to Europe, the US and most other foreign countries. This was evidenced by Freo's dummy spit before the 2013 final and Gale/KB/Caro's media tantrum when Richmond last had to play in Geelong (2011 or 12).

Not considering it's our home ground. Would be something more akin to the situation in WA/SA - as it stands now, few visiting fans can buy seats for H&A games at Simonds. Aussies have a weird sense of entitlement with regards to accessing tickets at sporting events, especially in comparison to Europe, the US and most other foreign countries. This was evidenced by Freo's dummy spit before the 2013 final and Gale/KB/Caro's media tantrum when Richmond last had to play in Geelong (2011 or 12).

Finals are different they are divided up based on predicted demand. The AFL keeps all revenue from finals, it's completely different to a H&A game.

An all WA final final would see an even split of tickets regardless of who the home side is.

No. Finals are allocated evenly to both memberships in bays. As you are probably aware, reserved seats for home and away matches are void for finals.

There are some eerie similarities between Geelong 2014 and Hawthorn 2016 including a ridiculous number of close wins (we were 7-0 in games decided by less than two goals that season, Hawks are 6-0 in games decided by less than 10 points this year) and a similarly low percentage.

I hope the script follows, down to them losing the QF and us winning the flag.
Hawks out in straight sets and Geelong to win the flag? Against Sydney? Not unlikely and would be eerily similar to two years ago just with the two teams reversed. I could handle that scenario!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We MUST shut down Dangerfield. Clarko generally doesn't like to put on hard tag, but I think Danger is the exception. Shiels must play purely as a tagger, as his form hasn't been great this year. If he is struggling, I would even look to put Lewis on him.

Based on what I've seen this year, he most certainly is struggling. He seems to get away with scragging off the ball so a tag on Danger would suit him perfectly!

I would think you need your defense on top rather than your midfield. You defense made Collingwood look like their 2010 edition not the scrubs they have been. And the service they got wasn't great. If Geelong's forwards get service like that it could be a 3 to 4 goal win for the Cats.

Gibson is cooked and Frawley's a serviceable player at best. Stratton is the man though. Underrated player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back