Game Day 2016 AFL ROUND 8 - Crows v Clear and Present Danger @ Adelaide Oval 7.20pm

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would never consider myself to be an AFL expert. I don't get into the technical side if the game. But Ive always felt that with Adelaide you can tell in the first 5mins of a game whether we are going to be a contender or not in the game. We rarely seem to be able to win once we are behind....we will scrap and scrap and scrap to get within a few points, and then see it lost in a few minutes (in what looks like ease for the opposition).

I've just never felt like we can scrap a win in a game we don't deserve. It's got to be a mental thing.

Anyway that's just my thoughts and probably frustrations..

Okay, you've been marooned on a Pacific island somewhere with no access to TV, radio, net, newspapers. To bring you up-to-date, we have had an extraordinary ability to win games after ceding 2-5 goal starts to the opposition over recent years.

Last edited:
Very disappointed in that performance tonight. Cats were a far better side than us. Only their poor kicking kept us in it. They should have won that by 40-50 points at least.
What will it take to get Tex dropped and rested for a few weeks? He is a liability on the field. He was never speedy, but presently in glacial. He is carrying an injury that is hampering his movement whatever the coach says.
Our skill errors were simply appalling. What happened to that slick, fast, skilled side we saw early in the season? It's not that somehow our gameplan has been worked out in half a season or less. Our gameplan has nothing to do with constantly missing targets with the kickers under bugger all pressure. Back to basics. Back to skill work at training. And what's with constantly kicking the bloody ball to an unmarked opposition player? We did that all f****** night.

Because a lot of taps went to the opposition and a lot of disposals were hurried kicks out of congestion that were turned over when he should have handballed to blokes running past.

Statistically wasn't bad. Watching him though, was pretty poor.

Legitimately was about to respond the same way until I got onto this page.

Sauces touches were horrendous - all hurried kicks and it felt like a lot of the time were delivered straight down a cats players throats.

I'm not sure why we kept giving him the ball in certain scenarios, whether it was a strategy to try and make their rucks pay, but it backfired horribly.

So Cameron is not a best 22 player Vader .......you need to get a clue
Cameron was outstanding last night. One of our few genuine contributors. Had a couple of shocking turnovers, but more than made up for it with everything else he did. I'd have him as our 2nd best player, after Sloane.

Milera on the other hand, was disappointing. Exquisite when he had the ball in hand, he just didn't get anywhere near enough of it.

At least Milera wasn't actively playing for Geelong, like Smith, Seedsman and Walker (after quarter time).

Cameron was outstanding last night. One of our few genuine contributors. Had a couple of shocking turnovers, but more than made up for it with everything else he did. I'd have him as our 2nd best player, after Sloane.
:thumbsu:

Milera on the other hand, was disappointing. Exquisite when he had the ball in hand, he just didn't get anywhere near enough of it.
Still, many here have argued constantly the club doesn't persevere with young players .....we know Milera will be a star ......happy to see the club get games & experience into him for 2017

At least Milera wasn't actively playing for Geelong, like Smith, Seedsman and Walker (after quarter time)
Walker started well .....but the delivery (or non delivery) from the midfield had Tex trying to be more inventive that required

Found this interesting :

Can we stop handballing to jacobs
This was SO frustrating last night! How many times we handballed it to Sauce when we could have given it to Cameron or Milera instead! Decision making, bad disposal and slow ball movement when the play was there led to our demise as much as anything last night. Curly surely needs to come into the team next week, need a tall big bodied mid badly.

Can we stop handballing to jacobs
So many plays through the corridor we are streaming forward throwing the ball around and then we handball to Sauce.
It all goes to slow motion, players are then out of position to when they would receive the next handball over to them while running alongside each other and it turns into a train wreck most of the time.

Do not understand.

I
Because a lot of taps went to the opposition and a lot of disposals were hurried kicks out of congestion that were turned over when he should have handballed to blokes running past.

Statistically wasn't bad. Watching him though, was pretty poor.

Well I hope so! I was only 11-13 back in 97/98 I barely remember those good days!!

Okay, you've been marooned on a Pacific island somewhere with no access to TV, radio, net, newspapers. To bring you up-to-date, we have had an extraordinary ability to win games after ceding 2-5 goal starts to the opposition over recent years.

Could be true...I did spend last year on the Greek Islands and the previous 5yrs in WA. I have not seen many games in the last 6yrs..

I feel like the people who get mad at the negative comments and still want to be positive after the last 3 losses are the same people that refused to admit that Dangerfield was long gone until he actually said it.

Sometimes it is nice to come down from the clouds and back to reality for a bit.

This team needs a lot of work. The disposal skills and decision making have gone from elite to embarassing in 2-3 weeks. How is that possible?

I remember one particular campaigner poster that said that posters was jumping at shadows because we thought he was leaving. There were plenty of signs from the get go.

Anyways back to last nights game at correct the disposal and decision making are s**t. At the game you really see how badly the decisions are. It doesnt at all come across when you are watching it on TV.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:

Still, many here have argued constantly the club doesn't persevere with young players .....we know Milera will be a star ......happy to see the club get games & experience into him for 2017

Walker started well .....but the delivery (or non delivery) from the midfield had Tex trying to be more inventive that required

Found this interesting :
I have no objection to them selecting Milera, and I think he will benefit greatly from the experience of playing in this game (and playing more games at the senior level). I think that's a good thing. My issue is with regard to our ability to win the contested ball. It's abysmal right now.

As for Walker, he was good in the first quarter. His marking was reasonably decent for the remaining 3 quarters. I just can't remember a single disposal of his, after quarter time, which actually ended up in the hands of a teammate. I can remember several that went directly to Geelong players.

I remember one particular campaigner poster that said that posters that said he was leaving was jumping at shadows. There were plenty of signs from the get go.

Anyways back to last nights game at correct the disposal and decision making are s**t. At the game you really see how badly the decisions are. It doesnt at all come across when you are watching it on TV.

I know exactly who you're referring to. He loved getting on his high horse and ripping into me because I said pretty early on that Danger was gone based on all the little clues but he told me I was overreacting and kept saying 'where's the evidence?'. We all know who I'm talking about and let's just say there's a ton of egg on his face. I'm far too classy to name the poster but I hope KANE and his MAtes have a Cracking GOOD WIN tommoroow!

I have no objection to them selecting Milera, and I think he will benefit greatly from the experience of playing in this game (and playing more games at the senior level). I think that's a good thing. My issue is with regard to our ability to win the contested ball. It's abysmal right now.

As for Walker, he was good in the first quarter. His marking was reasonably decent for the remaining 3 quarters. I just can't remember a single disposal of his, after quarter time, which actually ended up in the hands of a teammate. I can remember several that went directly to Geelong players.

His penchant for quickly playing in by wheeling around to kick a big bomb forward keep getting smothered. The opposition are onto him and he needs to be a lot smarter.

I know exactly who you're referring to. He loved getting on his high horse and ripping into me because I said pretty early on that Danger was gone based on all the little clues but he told me I was overreacting and kept saying 'where's the evidence?'. We all know who I'm talking about and let's just say there's a ton of egg on his face. I'm far too classy to name the poster but I hope KANE and his MAtes have a Cracking GOOD WIN tommoroow!

LOL. I wasnt referring to him to be honest. But there were a few others that acted that he saying.

Thats fine, but any loser that thought he was staying once the GF week ended is just sad.

I do agree, but remember your comparing a feather weight indigenous kid (as a lot of them are when starting off) in his debut year to mature bodies at Geelong.

While you are right, it is a bit unfair. Over time he will get stronger and better. There is nothing currently that he can do to change this.
And that's why I questioned the selection of Milera. Not because of the player himself, but because of the issues it creates with our team balance.

Back