Analysis 2016 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong and North appear to have the best fixtures.

Really? North have it pretty hard.

Hawks, Sydney, Adelaide and Dogs twice. All top 8 sides.
8 six day breaks
and 8 interstate trips.

I suppose but no Freo in Melbourne pisses me off why do we always have to play those campaigners in Perth.
Every year we play both WA teams in Perth. I think it used to be because we drew a big crowd but surely they dont need us now. You'd think we'd play better over there from our experience.

Reading the media's reports of an easy draw next year, I don't reckon it is as easy as they say it is. Yeah we don't play a lot of the top teams twice but we play a lot of the top teams away from home e.g West Coast and Freo in Perth, Adelaide and Port in Adelaide and Sydney in Sydney. Expect all those teams to be fighting for finals so they are extremely hard games to win. Blues and Suns twice is a bonus, should win those games if we want to be pushing for the 8, I reckon we would be a good chance to sneak a win or two against the Cats and tigers in the 4 games we play them. Saints we could win both games at our best. Don't mind Hawks at Etihad. Yeah MCG is better but it's a Friday night and we only have two so we can't complain! Love that ANZAC day is stand alone for us and pies, way it should be I reckon. If we are playing our best footy (2013/14 stuff, not 2015) we could at least be in contention for the 8 and that gives us some hope at least. Go dons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosha is possibly the most experienced man in football when it comes to dealing with the rigours of travel for a football team. So if he can make that count for even a single win more than what is expected, then the possibility of finals isn't quite so remote.

It's a very decent fixture for EFC. We can win at least 10 games if the team performs to expectations.

No complaints from me.

Sadly for the EFC, the gulf between expectation and reality in recent times has been disappointingly vast.

Sadly for the EFC, the gulf between expectation and reality in recent times has been disappointingly vast.

I've got no problem with people thinking Essendon won't make finals. Acting like they have been the same as Melbourne for the past decade due to one very compromised season is another thing altogether. Before the appeal and injuries (with no pre-season either), Essendon were on track for a mid-table finish, as they had done for a few years on the bounce. That is where I think they'll be roughly come the end of next season, which puts sneaking into one of the low spots in the 8 not such a ridiculous suggestion.

Breaking it down I've gone with this:

1. Gold Coast (a): 50/50
2. Melbourne (h): W
3. Port Adelaide (a): L
4. Geelong (h): L
5. Collingwood (a): 50/50
6. Carlton (a): W
7. Sydney (a): L
8. North Melbourne (h): 50/50
9. St. Kilda (a): 50/50
10. Richmond (h): L
11. Fremantle (a): L
12. Hawthorn (h): L
13. GWS (h): 50/50
15. West Coast (a): L
16. St. Kilda (h): 50/50
17. Richmond (a): L
18. Brisbane (h): W
19. Adelaide (a): L
20. Geelong (a): L
21. Gold Coast (h): W
22. Western Bulldogs (h): 50/50
23. Carlton (h): W

If you split the 50/50's that's 8 wins, 14 losses for the season which I'd be happy with.

No real surprises, Freo in Freo. It's probably a bigger lock than the pies on ANZAC day.

Breaking it down I've gone with this:

1. Gold Coast (a): 50/50
2. Melbourne (h): W
3. Port Adelaide (a): L
4. Geelong (h): L
5. Collingwood (a): 50/50
6. Carlton (a): W
7. Sydney (a): L
8. North Melbourne (h): 50/50
9. St. Kilda (a): 50/50
10. Richmond (h): L
11. Fremantle (a): L
12. Hawthorn (h): L
13. GWS (h): 50/50
15. West Coast (a): L
16. St. Kilda (h): 50/50
17. Richmond (a): L
18. Brisbane (h): W
19. Adelaide (a): L
20. Geelong (a): L
21. Gold Coast (h): W
22. Western Bulldogs (h): 50/50
23. Carlton (h): W

If you split the 50/50's that's 8 wins, 14 losses for the season which I'd be happy with.
12 wins if we win all of the 50/50s. I would give us a chance against Tigers as well. We have 25% of our senior team coming back and we actually have a ruckman.

It's good for us WA Bombers. Freo games are a great day out.

Two games are nice..might even go to the WC game too if we're going ok by June.

Never seen such an appalling fixture to any club in all my life.

Pros:
None
Cons:
- play Geelong, Richmond and St. Kilda twice
- 2 night games in Melbourne (are you ******* kidding me)
- Kevin 'dumbass' Sheedy getting us another 'big game' that we're certain to lose each year
- Hawks at Etihad and Melbourne at MCG
- Not playing Fremantle in Melbourne
- ******* 8 Sunday games? and 5 or 6 twilight?
- No Saturday twilight games

The AFL site saying this fixture is an A? How about F. Complete ******* joke of a fixture.

1. Gold Coast (a)
2. Melbourne

3. Port Adelaide (a)
4. Geelong
5. Collingwood
6. Carlton
7. Sydney
8. North Melbourne
9. St. Kilda
10. Richmond
11. Fremantle (a)
12. Hawthorn

13. GWS (h)
14. BYE
15. West Coast (a)
16. St. Kilda
17. Richmond
18. Brisbane (h)
19. Adelaide (a)

20. Geelong
21. Gold Coast (h)
22. Western Bulldogs
23. Carlton

11 wins 11 losses.

And remember:
2013 - tipped us to go 16-0 - went 13-3
2015 - tipped us to go 1-12 - went 4-9 , and tipped us to finish 5-17 - went 6-16

So it seems to be a good idea to listen to me.

Never seen such an appalling fixture to any club in all my life.

Pros:
None
Cons:
- play Geelong, Richmond and St. Kilda twice
- 2 night games in Melbourne (are you ******* kidding me)
- Kevin 'dumbass' Sheedy getting us another 'big game' that we're certain to lose each year
- Hawks at Etihad and Melbourne at MCG
- Not playing Fremantle in Melbourne
- ******* 8 Sunday games? and 5 or 6 twilight?
- No Saturday twilight games

The AFL site saying this fixture is an A? How about F. Complete ******* joke of a fixture.

I like it tbh, not too bad. Lack of sat night games is upsetting but thats the nature when your s**t to watch/cant score/low on the ladder. We need to earn the prime time slots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back