Player Sponsorship 2016 Matthew Kreuzer Sponsorship *Locker Room Function tickets 10th July*

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll have a PM if you're in a giving mood? :D

I was talking about 7 years ago, but yes, I've just PMd everybody that expressed interest with some sort of affirmative 'yes' or 'giggidy' tone.

If anybody else wants in or if I missed someone, please hit me up again. I'm fairly slack this time of year.

We didn't raise enough 2 years ago so I told the club to take the balance owing out of an old credit card of mine. They didn't, and they rarely give me receipts and now I'm being told I owe money from 2 years ago. Little annoyed at the lack of communication, the invoice being sent to my old address after I asked in July 2014 and December 2014 to make sure my address was updated for all matters. It's worse when this is basically a donation to the club for a trinket here and there and a couple of tickets, so it's not as though they provided a real service for that money.

Don't want to stuff this up for everybody else though so I will get them to set aside that amount and I will pay it during the year. Just letting you know that this amount I never knew about, that didn't stop us last year, has become an issue this year.

Don't let it scare you off though. 99% sure it won't affect anything and if it does, the money sitting there becomes a boomerang and they go and find someone else to muck around.

We didn't raise enough 2 years ago so I told the club to take the balance owing out of an old credit card of mine. They didn't, and they rarely give me receipts and now I'm being told I owe money from 2 years ago. Little annoyed at the lack of communication, the invoice being sent to my old address after I asked in July 2014 and December 2014 to make sure my address was updated for all matters. It's worse when this is basically a donation to the club for a trinket here and there and a couple of tickets, so it's not as though they provided a real service for that money.

Don't want to stuff this up for everybody else though so I will get them to set aside that amount and I will pay it during the year. Just letting you know that this amount I never knew about, that didn't stop us last year, has become an issue this year.

Don't let it scare you off though. 99% sure it won't affect anything and if it does, the money sitting there becomes a boomerang and they go and find someone else to muck around.
How much were we short ODN? You shouldn't have to pay that by yourself.

How much were we short ODN? You shouldn't have to pay that by yourself.

$370, although $120 or so was supposed to be my contribution I believe.

It's not really the point. It was 2 years ago. Meanwhile they have sent 2 jumpers to old addresses so we missed out, misprinted a plaque. This year they didn't send a plaque, they sent a beautifull framed Kreuzer sponsorship memorabilia item ... behind glass. Thin bag, just a strip of bubble wrap, smashed, cut up. Told them, said they may be able to organise another. Nup. Again, I'm in it for the support not stuff but if you muck up the financial side of it, it's a bit rich to want it paid 2 years later. These were all items I could have used to give back to the group, for those that might be into all that.

$370, although $120 or so was supposed to be my contribution I believe.

It's not really the point. It was 2 years ago. Meanwhile they have sent 2 jumpers to old addresses so we missed out, misprinted a plaque. This year they didn't send a plaque, they sent a beautifull framed Kreuzer sponsorship memorabilia item ... behind glass. Thin bag, just a strip of bubble wrap, smashed, cut up. Told them, said they may be able to organise another. Nup. Again, I'm in it for the support not stuff but if you muck up the financial side of it, it's a bit rich to want it paid 2 years later. These were all items I could have used to give back to the group, for those that might be into all that.
I understand that it's the principle, maybe try emailing Trigg directly?
I still don't think you should have to pay for it all yourself. Can we just up our target for this year to cover it?

I understand that it's the principle, maybe try emailing Trigg directly?
I still don't think you should have to pay for it all yourself. Can we just up our target for this year to cover it?

For sure. It can drag on all year if people want in. Not an issue there. Just depends how much they want up front in the next few days, with the balance in February and whether they expect that money to be paid before they take our renewal.

The previous sponsorship person has left the club but I know that their address databases were not up to scratch for years and NOBODY rings you if there is a problem. They do ring for raffles however.

For sure. It can drag on all year if people want in. Not an issue there. Just depends how much they want up front in the next few days, with the balance in February and whether they expect that money to be paid before they take our renewal.

The previous sponsorship person has left the club but I know that their address databases were not up to scratch for years and NOBODY rings you if there is a problem. They do ring for raffles however.
Those *en raffles can s my d, just quietly.

I'll kick in when I can and kick more in in Feb to help

Those ****en raffles can s my d, just quietly.

See you on S my D Sundays. :thumbsu:

Those ****en raffles can s my d, just quietly.

Hope you mean that figuratively not literally :oops:

In relation to the 2 years ago debt it doesn't seem fair for you to shoulder the debt ODN, perhaps we can all throw in an extra $20 or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you mean that figuratively not literally :oops:

In relation to the 2 years ago debt it doesn't seem fair for you to shoulder the debt ODN, perhaps we can all throw in an extra $20 or so.

I'll just keep pushing this to others a little more than I usually do. Some boards sponsor 4-5 players. We should be able to manage 1.

My concern this year is that if we don't get there, we lose 20% of the full amount. That's $430 with nothing to show for it and I can't take that off those of you who do jump on board. I'm holding off paying a deposit until I get some idea about how flexible the club are going to be, bearing in mind we are a large forum of ordinary supporters, exactly the type they are trying to reconnect with.

Okay. So ... they want the shortfall from 2 years ago. They would prefer to clean that up now before worrying about next year's sponsorship. They acknowledge there may have been fault at their end, but nonetheless the money wasn't paid.

I will pay that shortfall when I send in the form tomorrow. I will then transfer contributions as they come in straight into their account once they send me an invoice.

Some acknowledgment that things have not been done well in the past but they are a lot busier, have more people on and a lot more efficient now. Their efficiency has probably highlighted their previous inefficiency that probably moulded my activities.

They value us, understand that we are not all rich with disposable income to tip into a $2k sponsorship at a few days notice. We will be given time to pay this off.

It is now up to me/BF to promote the s**t out of this.

As stated, I have a Kreuzer match worn guernsey here. Anybody that gets their contribution in before xmas has a chance to win it.

Furthermore when we do our draws for the guernsey presentation night, the first drawn will collect and keep whatever plaque memorabilia they give out on the night. It has been a little haphazard some years where I have asked for it to be sent back to me for another raffling off but haven't received things back. If it becomes part of the prize, we may have more interest in attending and I don't have to worry about posting large items around the country.

Okay. So ... they want the shortfall from 2 years ago. They would prefer to clean that up now before worrying about next year's sponsorship. They acknowledge there may have been fault at their end, but nonetheless the money wasn't paid.

I will pay that shortfall when I send in the form tomorrow. I will then transfer contributions as they come in straight into their account once they send me an invoice.

Some acknowledgment that things have not been done well in the past but they are a lot busier, have more people on and a lot more efficient now. Their efficiency has probably highlighted their previous inefficiency that probably moulded my activities.

They value us, understand that we are not all rich with disposable income to tip into a $2k sponsorship at a few days notice. We will be given time to pay this off.

As stated, I have a Kreuzer match worn guernsey here. Anybody that gets their contribution in before xmas has a chance to win it.

Furthermore when we do our draws for the guernsey presentation night, the first drawn will collect and keep whatever plaque memorabilia they give out on the night. It has been a little haphazard some years where I have asked for it to be sent back to me for another raffling off but haven't received things back. If it becomes part of the prize, we may have more interest in attending and I don't have to worry about posting large items around the country.
Do you need any help ODN?

Do you need any help ODN?

I need lots of help Mebby but I suspect you mean with this sponsorship. :)

I'm going to pay the overdue amount by credit card, then set about collecting as normal. If we collect more than we need to next year, I'll take back some but as I said, I believe that about $120 of that shortfall was my contribution so I will make that up anyway.

I also failed to collect money from BF a couple of times as I thought we had it covered but BF will put in $200 each year.

Haven't seen them around much but tagging in BigAntStudios and AlecDuncan as two of our most generous contributors. I'll go through our previous contributor lists and tag in others.

There's a thought Mebby. If you see anybody with a badge who isn't in this thread, feel free to tag them in.

I get paid on the 18th ODN, I'll tip in this years + some to cover the shortfall :thumbsu:

Ps, that guernsey would look great on my wall...just saying :D

It would look great. I will put names in a hat and get a 3 year old to draw one out. Obviously just trying to use it to maximum advantage to get others on board.

I am in again and $100 will be paid tonight.

Edit.....

Paid the $100 literally 1 min ago and if we are still in need of more funds for the shortfall let me know.

Last edited:

That seems fairest for all. We pay what we owe and they are understanding in giving us time to stump up for next year's.

Hopefully the memorabilia will be a big enough incentive in 'fundraising the sh!t out of this thing'.

With that out of the way. I'm dying to know what you spent the $370 on. Booze, 'companionship' and / or drugs? Or did you waste it? Cmon.... I won't tell anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back