2016 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listened to Dust by Tremonti for the first time since it came out on Friday and it is killer. At this stage I'd have it above All I Was but just below Cauterize. After I listen to it a few more times, it may just rise above Cauterize.

What a ******* week.

Burn the Witch into an album out on Sunday. Can't speak highly enough of Anohni's Hopelessness. Bottomless Pit out to stream. Nonagon Infinity was some fine crazy s**t. And now get to cozy with LUH.

I've got to give LUH a listen today. Heard a few other albums recently.

Beyoncé - Lemonade: I listened to this a while back, but forgot to throw it up last weekend. In all honesty, I've never really cared for Beyoncé. In fairness, I've never really listened to much from her. This album; however, I thought was outstanding. Very adventurous and it pays off. I've seen a lot of people trashing it, but not one of those people has actually listened to it. It's probably as good as pop is going to get this year and one of the better albums of the year so far. Favourite Tracks: Freedom, Don't Hurt Yourself, Forward, Love Drought. 8/10

James Blake - The Colour In Anything:
Love this. Same length as Drake, but he actually pulled it off. Thought the first 30 seconds of Radio Silence were one of the best starts to an album I've ever heard. Enjoyed every song and they all had their moments. This is my album of the year so far and as far as my taste goes, I personally view it as an instant classic. Not expecting many to agree with that, but I adored this album. Favourite Tracks: I Need A Forest Fire, Modern Soul, Choose Me, Always, Love Me In Whatever Way, Timeless, My Willing Heart, Two Men Down. 9-9.5/10

Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial: This leaked. Almost as long as James Blake, but not quite as interesting throughout. Still thought this was very nice though and they managed to pull off quality 8 and 11 minute tracks. Will Toledo seems willing to experiment which makes Car Seat Headrest pretty intriguing and his willingness paid off on this album. Enjoyable listen. Favourite Tracks: Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales, Cosmic Hero, Fill In The Blank, Destroyed By Hippie Powers, The Ballad of the Costa Concordia. 8/10

Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid: I'd never heard anything from Aesop Rock before this, but it seemed to be getting largely positive reviews, so I gave it a listen. Glad I did. Gets pretty close to TLOP as my favourite hip hop album released this year. Kind of reminds me of RTJ a bit, though still unique. Loved the simplicity of some of the beats on here too. Cracking album. Favourite Tracks: Get Out of the Car, Blood Sandwich, Lotta Years, Rings, Water Tower, Dorks. 8.5/10

Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid: I'd never heard anything from Aesop Rock before this, but it seemed to be getting largely positive reviews, so I gave it a listen. Glad I did. Gets pretty close to TLOP as my favourite hip hop album released this year. Kind of reminds me of RTJ a bit, though still unique. Loved the simplicity of some of the beats on here too. Cracking album. Favourite Tracks: Get Out of the Car, Blood Sandwich, Lotta Years, Rings, Water Tower, Dorks. 8.5/10
I'm not too familiar with Aesop but a lot of people rate his Skelethon album as one of the best from this decade I believe

I'm not too familiar with Aesop but a lot of people rate his Skelethon album as one of the best from this decade I believe

I'll have to check it out, because I really dug this release.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool Death Records have done it again. This is a ball tearer

artworks-000142279706-ycl9eb-t500x500.jpg

Loving 'You Should Leave Him'. :thumbsu:

Anxiety driven.

Doesn't belong in here, but it's not worth it's own thread.

Anyone know any good, small music journalism websites? www.notedmusic.co.uk is a good example of what I'm looking for, but that site is dead nowadays.

Death Grips don't rock up to shows people are (somehow) excited about and are basically a wank concept band that's akin to memes for poindexters so who cares.

:thumbsu:

Death Grips are ******* trash. I find it incredibly hard to believe that people genuinely enjoy listening to their music. I'm pretty sure as a band they're just a big inside joke for the 'I'm that weird kid that is somehow friends with the cool kids' crowd.

Somewhat disappointed by the new Jessy Lanza record. I had really high expectations, but all the tracks bar the single (which sticks out like a sore thumb) just sounds tracks you'd see on a throw away EP to fill your contract quota with the record label.

Just listened to Dust by Tremonti for the first time since it came out on Friday and it is killer. At this stage I'd have it above All I Was but just below Cauterize. After I listen to it a few more times, it may just rise above Cauterize.

i think 'all i was' is the best album but i like dust more then cauterize.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back