2016 NEAFL thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
On top of this we also have 3 practice matches coming up.

Tomorrow (March 12th)
V Southport
Metricon Stadium, 10am

March 19th
V Aspley
Metricon Stadium, 10am

March 26th
V Lions
Metricon Stadium, 12noon (curtain raiser)

Should be a lot of senior boys in the practice matches as the fight for position continues

12595997_10153279231087191_1580479571_n.jpg

SUNS 6.4.40 v Sharks 7.4.46
Half time

@GCFC_digital

Any reason why we are only playing with 3 on the bench (compared to Southports 7)

Pretty hot here in the sun.

Only 13 listed players
SUNS 6.4.40 v Sharks 7.4.46
Half time

@GCFC_digital

Any reason why we are only playing with 3 on the bench (compared to Southports 7)

Pretty hot here in the sun.

Only 13 listed players for us today - we're reliant on top-up players to make up the numbers and given the Academy boys played last night, it obviously was a tough ask to find the extras to line up for us.

Only 13 listed players

Only 13 listed players for us today - we're reliant on top-up players to make up the numbers and given the Academy boys played last night, it obviously was a tough ask to find the extras to line up for us.

Who is the fella in number 60 who just randomley kitted up for us. Forgot to take his wedding ring off before he ran on and had to come back haha.

Down to one on the bench now :(

Hope Garlett is ok?

Who is the fella in number 60 who just randomley kitted up for us. Forgot to take his wedding ring off before he ran on and had to come back haha.

Down to one on the bench now :(

Hope Garlett is ok?

He wasn't listed on the team sheet so I'm not sure who he was! Haven't been alerted to anything to worry about Garlett.

My match report here: http://gcsuns.com/1LXMdFi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Currie, Willis & Schoenfeld were the best of the newbies for mine.

Willis seems a tough nut old fashioned back flanker. Looks like he could take the next step if it presented later in the season.

Schoenfeld got a fair bit of the ball, but seemed to be a bit slow at times with his decision making/disposal.

Big Lurch presented well up fwd but still fairly raw. Massive unit though.

Matty Shaw had a horrible game. Should be blitzing at this standard but just didn't seem switched on. No way he will be playing Rd1.

Russell was also mediocre. A few nice things but like Shaw, no excuse for not smashing games like this.

Schade & Leslie were the key backs. But both were beaten.

Tape played through the middle. Got the pill a bit but still can't kick.

Fiorini & MacPherson played ok. Both had some nice passages. Darcy slightly off the boil though since his first couple of
scintillating pre-season games.

Joyce was a consistent possession winner but nothing flashy in his style of play yet.

No other interesting news. Seniors from last night seemed in good spirits. Most watched the 1st half of the game & then headed home. Young Ah Chee said he was knackered and going home for a sleep!

Danny Stanley sighting.* Really want to see the other draftees besides AhChee have a good run for the first time too. Havent seen a thing from them yet. Davis must be getting stuffed already. How much do they want to see from him before hey decide the upgrade.

*May have already played reserves games, I havent really been following the 2's yet this season. But I had not heard a thing about him over preseason besides whether or not he is the nominated rookie. :)

I hope the reserves are not in the same position as they have been since their inception. That is playing with 12-14 listed players and then with top up players that do not know the game plan and are sub-standard.

Previously the team was smashed which made it pretty difficult to evaluate a listed player hoping to push their way into the seniors.

I would be interested to know how many players GCS reserves (and list/top ups) had available last week against Southport (and their numbers) as rotations or lack of would impact on the end result.

Also someone mentioned Dean Solomon had to pull on the boots last weekend which implies the reserve's numbers were limited!

Anyone going to the practice game today? Would like to hear how our listed players went.
I went for the first half...Tape will be delisted this year. I didn't really come out with one positive to be honest, but it was tough to watch with my little daughter at the same time. Grant is bloody skinny, and can't see him playing senior footy in a hurry, Jack Martin is bigger than Grant...

I went for the first half...Tape will be delisted this year. I didn't really come out with one positive to be honest, but it was tough to watch with my little daughter at the same time. Grant is bloody skinny, and can't see him playing senior footy in a hurry, Jack Martin is bigger than Grant...
Grant has always been a scrawn. When you think of AFL players, you think of a physique akin to that of a warrior or athlete. Grant is like that skinny kid at school who always wears clothes too big for him, lanking around from group to group trading things from his lunch box.

If he can perform, then great! But he's never going to get any bigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back