2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danger and all his new best pals can celebrate now.

I think regardless of the team's fortunes this year, you wouldnt go past Paddy to take out the Cats B&F and be made captain next year.

Geelong will be ******* good no doubt about it. Picked up one superstar, a gun backman and an extremely solid ruckman. Add to that their younger players have enough games in them now to make an impact... they'll be hard to beat. Got to give it to Danger... he'll win the brownlow this year.

Only first game, but anyone still think Geelong aren't top4...let alone top 8? and that Dangerfield's not such a big loss?

However his shanks were a good laugh:D

....aaaaaaand nek minnit Geelong by 5 goals:confused:
They're top 6 for mine, and the draw probably gets them 4th. Depth is still an issue.

At least 7 mercifully cut us away to a gameshow rather than forcing us to watch Danger being interviewed on the ground (and be asked not about the team performance, but his own and how good it is to be playing for a real VIC team at last); then have to suffer the analysis of Danger's game by the commentators, then the presser where CScott is asked in fourteen different ways how awesome it is to have a player the calibre of Dangerfield on his team...

Lol, so over this.

The 1st week will be the worst. The big game, the hype and the gun performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only first game, but anyone still think Geelong aren't top4...let alone top 8? and that Dangerfield's not such a big loss?

However his shanks were a good laugh:D

....aaaaaaand nek minnit Geelong by 5 goals:confused:
Dangerfield is definitely a loss...but I don't think it will as big a loss as it could have been. We get BCrouch up and on the park, we'll be better than ok.

Really, people here need to get over it. Dangerfield is now a Geelong player, pure and simple.
We've done the trade, he wanted to go home and that's fair enough.
He gave us stellar service for seven years, accept it and stop torturing yourself....he's no longer our player.
I would like to think a tad bit of grieving is good for the soul....just give me a couple more self torturous weeks, and then I reckon I will be ready to move on....unless the Cats win a flag or Danger a Brownlow.

Really, people here need to get over it. Dangerfield is now a Geelong player, pure and simple.
We've done the trade, he wanted to go home and that's fair enough.
He gave us stellar service for seven years, accept it and stop torturing yourself....he's no longer our player.
Agree. He's just another Victorian w***er now.

I hated the way we threw it away vs North on the weekend. Played a good first half. Then after halftime we got scared and panicked and threw it away. Crows of old. Not good enough when you throw away a game.

Today, Dangerfield destroyed Hawthorn. I loved watching him and I feel so bad he is gone. It is one of the emptiest feelings. We were getting better as a team or sure. If we want to play finals this year, we need to overcome some big physical and mental hurdles. We need to become an unsociable team and certainly need to enjoy the game more and not get scared in games. We need to give it our best for 4 quarters and be cool under pressure like we were last year after Phil. Port and Richmond are games we can win, we need them. Drop those and it gets very hard. I know how we have been over the past 10-15 years, great at times, not so great at other times. If we had a bit more success things may have been different. It is a challenging season for the Crows and I want them to play as good as they can, Finals is not impossible. 10-15 wins very gettable, we have a chance. If we win the close ones and we can make the 8. But if we want to get better in the future, we cannot afford to lose any more important players to other teams.

Dangerfield is definitely a loss...but I don't think it will as big a loss as it could have been. We get BCrouch up and on the park, we'll be better than ok.

Unfortunately the stinging facts are that in the next 3-4 years Danger will be at the top of his powers and that will be with another club

Our challenge is that hopefully Pyke can build a team system similar to what we are seeing evolve at WB and our team system can play a devastating brand of footy which will go a long way in mitigating against the Dangerfield loss

To move down this path Pyke will need to be selfish and select his team to take us forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back