The Eternal Punting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't narrow it down for my main bet between Heartbreak City, Almandin, Our Ivanhowe, and Qewy. Told the missus to pick one, she picked our ivanhowe :(

ca5dc60db7b4fb6460ef2945421a3f4f.jpg

Anyone still interested in this.... might be worth a 2017 version?

Either way, I've been looking at the Brownlow markets. Had a few thoughts...

Goldstein and Heeney are both sitting at 101-1. Some good form from them could see them crunched into 20/30-1 and a nice 2-3x cashout opportunity. I think Goldy will come back hard with the new ruck rule and a knee that's un-f**cked, and Heeney could take a massive step up with the departure of Mitchell in a team hungry for redemption.

Also think Bontempelli is massively under priced at $8. He started real slow last year, and has come off a GF season at 20(?). I could see his odds blowing out over the first month/6 weeks, then crunching hard as he hits his stride. I like him as a prospect, but i feel his odds will be maxed at around week 5 (hoping for around 20/30-1.

Anyone else have thoughts on the upcoming AFL punting season?

Anyone still interested in this.... might be worth a 2017 version?

Either way, I've been looking at the Brownlow markets. Had a few thoughts...

Goldstein and Heeney are both sitting at 101-1. Some good form from them could see them crunched into 20/30-1 and a nice 2-3x cashout opportunity. I think Goldy will come back hard with the new ruck rule and a knee that's un-f**cked, and Heeney could take a massive step up with the departure of Mitchell in a team hungry for redemption.

Also think Bontempelli is massively under priced at $8. He started real slow last year, and has come off a GF season at 20(?). I could see his odds blowing out over the first month/6 weeks, then crunching hard as he hits his stride. I like him as a prospect, but i feel his odds will be maxed at around week 5 (hoping for around 20/30-1.

Anyone else have thoughts on the upcoming AFL punting season?

Think Goldy will struggle a bit - going to be on the losing side of the equation more this year, even if he does play better. What are Maxy's odds?

Jameka to win the Australia Cup in 4 weeks.

Jump on now and get $8.50 fixed odds. The ods will come into about $3-$4 once Winx and Hartnell are ruled out (neither will run).

straight from the trainers mouth 'he is primed for this, it is his grand final'

Jameka to win the Australia Cup in 4 weeks.

Jump on now and get $8.50 fixed odds. The ods will come into about $3-$4 once Winx and Hartnell are ruled out (neither will run).

straight from the trainers mouth 'he is primed for this, it is his grand final'

How many houses should I put on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many houses should I put on it?
2 and a car

I put $100 EW on it. TAB are offer $2.87 a place on fixed odds, so a pretty good thing imo

A good mate of mine put $1k EW on it, I'm not that hardcore a punter though

2 and a car

I put $100 EW on it. TAB are offer $2.87 a place on fixed odds, so a pretty good thing imo

A good mate of mine put $1k EW on it, I'm not that hardcore a punter though

$50 on the nose and $50 on a place. I am also not much of a punter. CrownBet has worse odds ($8 / $2.75).

$50 on the nose and $50 on a place. I am also not much of a punter. CrownBet has worse odds ($8 / $2.75).
Yeah Sportsbet had even worse odds, only $7.50, but winx and Hartnell had better odds on there. Probably because they know that the chance of either running is less than 5%

$11 for the win on Ladbrokes
Damn should have jumped on there instead

One of my mates just put $500 on pats to beat the line and $200 on them to win 12+. Got $4.90 for that one.

He's a brave man... I made a killing on the pats covering the line against the steelers, but Atlanta actually know how to score away from Heinz field...

He's a brave man... I made a killing on the pats covering the line against the steelers, but Atlanta actually know how to score away from Heinz field...

Yup brave and clearly too much cash. He's been on a decent roll ever since putting $200 on the nose of the cup winner last year. Bastard.

Jumped on the unders line for all the women's matches at 3/4 time of tonight's match...... all crunched by 20 points by the final siren.

Jumped on the unders line for all the women's matches at 3/4 time of tonight's match...... all crunched by 20 points by the final siren.
it's been a goldmine, sadly we won't get this opportunity again
it'll be storming for the match tomorrow, they'd be lucky to get 40 points between them i reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back