2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

stats smats.
He has been a massive impact on our games. Dash and link up early in the season. Then turning into a dangerous small forward.

Its why i like Sicily for it too. He hasn't been outstanding with the numbers, but he gives the hawks a target to crash packs and let their smalls do the scoreboard damage.
And he jags some good ones too.
Might be one of the tightest years for the rising star with about 5-8 players with claims to win it

As of right now I'd be voting:

5. Parish
4. Mills
3. Petracca
2. Weitering
1. Byrne-Jones

Sicily and Fantasia unlucky

Parish and Mills. I think Parish because he is playing in a lesser team and has been consistent and for a little tacker has held his own. Against Brisbane he had 90% DE. So clealy is improving as the season wears on.

The winner will be the player whose bandwagon the media collectively jumps on board and decides to push between now and the end of the season. But I am surprised to see the lists above not featuring Daniel in the top five. He is probably my "most likely" to snag the award at this stage.

As of right now I'd be voting:

5. Parish
4. Mills
3. Petracca
2. Weitering
1. Byrne-Jones

Sicily and Fantasia unlucky
1. Daniel
2. Mills
3. Parish
4. Petracca
5. Weitering

For mine (in the final placings not votes).

Daniel, Parish, Mills - my top 3 at the moment. Agree that it will probably be whoever the media picks up and runs with that wins the award. Doesn't take away from the fact that these guys as well as Weitering, Petracca, Byrne-Jones, Fantasia, Sicily.

Francis early favorite for next year!

Weitering's dropped off a bit since he injured his shoulder...probably between Weitering, Parish & Mills.

Petracca hasn't played enough games.

Petracca has played 12 games so far, he'll have played over half the season by the end.

He's definitely played enough to be in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel, Parish, Mills - my top 3 at the moment. Agree that it will probably be whoever the media picks up and runs with that wins the award. Doesn't take away from the fact that these guys as well as Weitering, Petracca, Byrne-Jones, Fantasia, Sicily.

Francis early favorite for next year!
Not if Clayton Oliver finishes on 10 games ;)

If Caleb Daniel were to get it, it would be another Lewis Taylor, a solid player but never going to he a super star. He's had a solid year, but not superstar material.

Award should go to Weitering, Parish, Petracca or Mills.

Last year we were all told how HARD it is for a KPP to perform early, hence Hogan over Cripps, so by that logic it should be Weitering, i expect it to suddenly flip and for the media to say how "hard it is for a back pocket in a top 6 side" and give it to Mills. Put it in the bank.

If Caleb Daniel were to get it, it would be another Lewis Taylor, a solid player but never going to he a super star. He's had a solid year, but not superstar material.

Award should go to Weitering, Parish, Petracca or Mills.

Last year we were all told how HARD it is for a KPP to perform early, hence Hogan over Cripps, so by that logic it should be Weitering, i expect it to suddenly flip and for the media to say how "hard it is for a back pocket in a top 6 side" and give it to Mills. Put it in the bank.

It is harder for KPP to perform early but do you honestly think that Weitering has done the equivalent of what Hogan did last year?

I think the top 5 have got to be Daniel, Weitering, Parish, Mills and Blakely (surprised he's not in many top 5, however I must admit I am bias in this situation) No idea who'll win it though.

Daniel has been good, but he is miles behind in contested possessions, I know he is little and people will use it as an excuse, but if he's not winning is own ball he doesn't deserve to win it ahead of Weitering, Blakey, Parish or Mills.

Daniel has been good, but he is miles behind in contested possessions, I know he is little and people will use it as an excuse, but if he's not winning is own ball he doesn't deserve to win it ahead of Weitering, Blakey, Parish or Mills.

He averages 3 less contested possessions per game than parish, less than one more than mills and more than weitering.

It's not his size that's the issue. He has an elite tank thus works harder than most to provide an option. Do you think opposition teams would purposely let a player with such creative ball use run free?

Not every player in the league needs to be a contested ball winner. It's those ball winners' job to get it to players like Daniel.

You may as well criticise Darcy parish for not winning hitouts

Oliver in for another belting from an Essendon player, 1st Parish has left him for dead this season, Francis will finish him off next season.
Left him for dead? He's being allowed to develop his game in the VFL because we don't need to hurry him along.

I'm quite happy and confident in our pick of Clayton Oliver, he'll be a huge part of our future.

Left him for dead? He's being allowed to develop his game in the VFL because we don't need to hurry him along.

I'm quite happy and confident in our pick of Clayton Oliver, he'll be a huge part of our future.
Your midfield will be impressive
Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Tyson, Viney, possibly Salem goes through.

Your midfield will be impressive
Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Tyson, Viney, possibly Salem goes through.
Mills clearly for mine.Got on him at the start and doubled up the week before he was nominated.He plays an accountable brand of footy,been very consistent and is already an elite decision maker.Think Daniel is the only real threat now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back