Training 2016 Season training reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to grow some those jolokias look awesome, where do you get them from?

They had California Reapers to try there this year. It was.... unpleasant. The hotness stayed with me for ages, it was like right deep inside nasty heat.

At the beaconsfield markets they had a guy who sells plants, and amongsts them a heap of different varieties of chillis

Got the scorpions and jolokias from him

So have we got any idea who the chilli addicts at the club are? For some reason I get the feeling Mayney wouldn't mind a smidge of Ultra Death. Probably RTB too...

Ballas I imagine is a meat and 2 veg kinda kinda guy. Suban probably loves it hot and spicey

I'd imagine Clancee and Crozier would be comfortable with heat too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannarth , Clarke, Hughes, Mora and Silvagni working with the WAFL boys. Griff, De Boer, Muz with the main squad. No sign of Yarran or Johnno. Grey with a plaster on the ankle but said he will play finals for Peel. Sandi in the rehab group. Balic without his wrist strapped out on the track late.

What's this? - an actual training report, posted in the training thread... with no pastry, condiments or capsaisin references whatsoever?? :thumbsu:

Careful there Salim, you might start a dangerous trend. (How about the weather, was it chilli out?) :D

All joking aside, I'm so glad to hear Morra 's out on the park training. I really don't understand where all this talk of desisting him has come from; sure he had a bad run of knee injuries due to a structural weakness, but the last surgery has clearly rectified the problem and his knee has come good.

If you take all Morra's previous knee injuries out of the equation, then he's just a player who's suffered a couple of soft tissue injuries on the back of a heavily modified pre-season training regime... how does that make him any different from half our current injury list?

The guy is a dead-set gun with masses of upside; there's been no clear like-for-like replacement for Morra emerging out of the past five AFL drafts that I can see - not just for Freo for that matter, but for ANY club.

He was rookie listed last year (probably on greatly reduced salary) and can basically stay there for another two years before the club is forced to make a call one way or the other.

Personally I say let the man stay on the rookie list until he's forced his way on to the main list, or the club is forced to make a call in two years time - there's very little to lose with this particular gamble, but a massive amount to be gained.

Agree Gekko71;however Lyon mentions Mora in his latest presser and said something along the lines of:
'we all sympathise....we empathise but Anthony needs to play some good footy,he needs to get a move on'
This was in the context of him talking about wanting to expose everyone on the list to some AFL games before the end of the season.
Too much upside to delist; is how the club concludes its list management assessments I hope.

Agree Gekko71;however Lyon mentions Mora in his latest presser and said something along the lines of:
'we all sympathise....we empathise but Anthony needs to play some good footy,he needs to get a move on'
This was in the context of him talking about wanting to expose everyone on the list to some AFL games before the end of the season.
Too much upside to delist I hope is how the club concludes its list management assessments.
Everyone's on notice and there is less room for romantics.

Main group but so was Deluca, Muz and De Boer. There is normally extras in the main squad to make up the numbers in the match sims.

Ha Ross put Weller and Tucker on notice that they wouldn't want to put in another performance like last week or DeLuca might get a look in - as if - but I like the threat!!

Allikat - No sign of Fyfe but Balic came out after the main session and was doing some kicking with one of the trainers.

Johnno was out there towards the end and did some work with the rehab group.

Main group. In the sims there was a beautiful kick from the boundary by Pavlich to the top of the square where Langdon took a strong contested mark. Credit to Pav for his placement of the ball, but also to Langdon for making the most of the pass.

I really hope Langdon is getting a game but who for if the boss has already indicated Griff and Ibbo are in.

Actually having now thought about it, I can answer my own question, if they drop both ruckman which appears to be hinted at by the training reports and with Barlow out that means Langdon playing!!!

Allikat - No sign of Fyfe but Balic came out after the main session and was doing some kicking with one of the trainers.

Johnno was out there towards the end and did some work with the rehab group.
Thanks! It'd be great to get Balic playing a couple of WAFL games by the end of the year. Maybe beginning of next month when I'm over there to cheer him on :)

Everyone's on notice and there is less room for romantics.

Agreed - but in Morra's case I don't think it's a romantic notion to keep him on for one more year at least.

Morra has stuck like glue to the training regimen he was given, and suffered soft tissue injury in the process. If it was Morra's knee that gave way, then I would say he is done - but it wasn't.

To my mind, if Morra was to be desisted because he couldn't get his body right, during a year where every other player has had the same problem (thanks to openly-admitted failures by the coaches to prepare the list properly) then that is a decision that smacks of unfairness... they would, in effect, be throwing out the 190cm-amazingly-talent-laden baby with the coaching-induced-and-fitness-deficient bath water.

I got no problem with having high standards that every player on the list (including Morra) has to satisfy... but if Morra is cut for fitness reasons on the back of a fatally-flawed pre-season, then IMO that's just a stupid and unfair decision by the list managers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back