Injury 2016 Swans Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets back by then I hope he doesn't need to play himself into form because with the week off before finals he's not going to get a heap of game time before the business end kicks off. I do hope he makes it back by then though.

I'd be comfortable with him in the goal square playing 2nd ruck to Naismith.

Best case scenario is that Naismith cements his spot as our starting ruckman between now and the time Tippett returns, allowing Kurt to play majority of the game at full-forward and only having to relieve Naismith in the ruck for 20-30% of the game.

Best case scenario is that Naismith cements his spot as our starting ruckman between now and the time Tippett returns, allowing Kurt to play majority of the game at full-forward and only having to relieve Naismith in the ruck for 20-30% of the game.

Naismith is a good tap ruckman but he desperately needs to get more involved in general play. Still a good tap ruckman is very useful as it makes it so much easier for the in and under players to get the ball out.

Naismith is a good tap ruckman but he desperately needs to get more involved in general play. Still a good tap ruckman is very useful as it makes it so much easier for the in and under players to get the ball out.

Kurt is always going to have him covered around the ground but I'd gladly lose out in that area if it means we are having more hit-outs to advantage and Tippett is clunking marks and kicking bags from full-forward.

I'd usually be saying "don't rush him" or "take the cautious approach" but I'm sure Tippo is the one driving this. Before his injury he was playing out of his skin scary good. He is a vital cog in our push to the finals and with him playing we are a real chance at another flag IMO.

I'm certain he knows all this and he's the one pushing to get back as early as possible. I just hope the risk of re-injury or damage is negated as best as possible. I'd rather have him come back a week or so later rather than not at all if we should need him.

Laidler not playing (at either level) this week, picked up hamstring strain in the NEAFL game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rippa. He'd be a massive advantage rolling into the late rounds & finals IMO. Structuraly & the simple fact he can clunk a mark. Without Tippo his value is even greater IMO.

Reid will probably be injured in Prelim Finals Q1 in the first 10 mins from moving.

Wait that sounds familiar.

Reid will probably be injured in Prelim Finals Q1 in the first 10 mins from moving.

Wait that sounds familiar.

Will probably injure himself logging on to check the injury list

Are we sure Reid is "Test?" According to the Swans website it still has him as 2-3 weeks or hasn't that been updated properly?

IF Reid makes it back, I reckon he might play the role Richards played last week since our defence has held up stronger than expected without him. Still would be an expensive decoy forward though, but we've had that debate before so I won't go there again. ;)

I got the feeling the club put Tippo on the LTI list to ensure he couldn't come back early no matter how hard he pushed? A sort of 'Mate, you've got 8 weeks to get yourself ready, no use pushing and doing damage for no reason'. You can't come off the list 'early' so when does he officially come off the list?

As for playing reserves, to protect the integrity of the competition there are rules around being able to select players for reserves when the seniors are not playing. I doubt Tippo would qualify, especially if he gets back in the seniors for round 23, I fail to see how they will allow him to drop back to reserves when the seniors have a bye, regardless of the fact it makes great sense and quite clearly the purpose would be to get him match fit as opposed to trying to bolster the chances of the seconds, something the Swans have never done, in fact they've done the reverse the past 10 years even in GF's, they have kept players out to keep them fresh for the 1 chance in a 1,000 they may be needed for a senior final...

IF Reid makes it back, I reckon he might play the role Richards played last week since our defence has held up stronger than expected without him. Still would be an expensive decoy forward though, but we've had that debate before so I won't go there again. ;)
That's definitely right. Reid would provide us with a genuine second forward - one who can take a strong grab (then kick behinds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back