Player Sponsorship 2017 AFL WOMEN - Stephanie Chiocci. Prizes Drawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Around how many kids are there in the Daicos academy?

Didnt count them 76, but I guess there up to ten boys. Ulahoopski might be able to shed more light. Some quite young, maybe in the 7, 8, 9 years old range, and some a little older?

Unfortunately JB1975 can't go to the Inner Sanctum experience on Sunday due to heavy work commitments so has asked me to re-draw the prize

The new winner is neilk

Hope you can make this one neilk

Details as follows:

On behalf of the Collingwood Football Club I would like to officially welcome you to the AFLW Inner Sanctum for our Round 7 game against Adelaide Crows on Sunday 19 March at the MCG.
As part of this special experience, you and your guest will receive a pre-match address from an assistant coach and a behind-the-scenes look of the Holden Centre where our AFLW team trains.
The timings for the experience are as follows:

12.15pm Meet in the Holden Centre reception

1.35pm Game commences

Please meet Alexandra Fotopoulos in the Holden Centre reception at 12.30pm, which is located at the Corner of Batman Ave and Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3000

Please be punctual as we have a limited window of access to the coach and if you are not on time, unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate this part of the experience.

Remembering some of the other discussion with the girls on Thursday night. I think it was Emma King who said they'd love to play all the teams again. At which point I suggested we'd 'smash' Carlton if given another opportunity, and she wholeheartedly agreed. Great attitude.:D

Who would like to go to the inner sanctum experience?
It would be a shame to see this wasted, I should be able to get to the ground early tomorrow if no one else is available; alternatively MG perhaps you could take this one yourself for all the time and organising you've put in? Also I've already been fortunate enough to win a prize and am looking forward to the b&f, so if someone else puts their hand up for the inner sanctum experience they should get preference over me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a shame to see this wasted, I should be able to get to the ground early tomorrow if no one else is available; alternatively MG perhaps you could take this one yourself for all the time and organising you've put in? Also I've already been fortunate enough to win a prize and am looking forward to the b&f, so if someone else puts their hand up for the inner sanctum experience they should get preference over me.

Yes!

Magpie Girl I say you should go! I wouldn't think that anyone would argue. Go, have fun, enjoy!

Unfortunately JB1975 can't go to the Inner Sanctum experience on Sunday due to heavy work commitments so has asked me to re-draw the prize

The new winner is neilk

Hope you can make this one neilk

Details as follows:

On behalf of the Collingwood Football Club I would like to officially welcome you to the AFLW Inner Sanctum for our Round 7 game against Adelaide Crows on Sunday 19 March at the MCG.
As part of this special experience, you and your guest will receive a pre-match address from an assistant coach and a behind-the-scenes look of the Holden Centre where our AFLW team trains.
The timings for the experience are as follows:

12.15pm Meet in the Holden Centre reception

1.35pm Game commences

Please meet Alexandra Fotopoulos in the Holden Centre reception at 12.30pm, which is located at the Corner of Batman Ave and Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3000

Please be punctual as we have a limited window of access to the coach and if you are not on time, unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate this part of the experience.
Sorry MG I'm in torquay today recovering from the Great Ocean Road ride and have only just seen this post. Hope someone else can go.

What is it about today?
I was going to go, with pleasure, but now have to drive to Bendigo:(
Vicky Park why not round off your behind the scenes experience
I know you'd love to hear the coach

barrackers please go to the inner sanctum today - with all our blessing - and enjoy

Thanks again for thinking of me
Look forward to hearing all about it :)
It's a shame that you can't go MG. Thanks, I'm happy to see a little of how the inside of the club functions and represent bigfooty at the inner sanctum with TheFreshBanana (I assume they've confirmed their attendance?).

It's a shame that you can't go MG. Thanks, I'm happy to see a little of how the inside of the club functions and represent bigfooty at the inner sanctum with TheFreshBanana (I assume they've confirmed their attendance?).
Yes i was looking forward to it :(

Just present yourself as above and say you're from big footy
Enjoy

Thanks for the opportunity today and it was good to meet TheFreshBanana. Singh gave a brief speech about how the team was aiming to defeat Adelaide. He didn't give much away, but the insight on how they were wanting to move the footy comes across in how we've been playing the last couple of weeks. Singh joked that Melbourne had been in touch with tips on how to beat the crows with Collingwood replying they'd be resting players, good to see that banter extends past bigfooty and into club land. Singh also mentioned that the weekly access the club has to the players is restricted to just 9 hours across 3 days, which probably explains why it took longer for team footy to show through. A lot of players spend additional hours at the club outside of the scheduled time though putting in around 20 hours in total. That's a big week when combined with work outside of footy. In terms of next year the marquee players are contracted through to October and the rest are contracted for another month. The club is looking to allow players to have continued access to our facilities throughout the year, but they're not sure how player retention is going to play out. He also expects that with 7-8 AFL games under their belt the girls won't play full VFL seasons rather 16-20 games just to manage their workloads.

Cula-Reid then gave us a brief tour of the Holden Centre, a nice set up however I was expecting it to be bigger. Mackie I think was inside kicking the footy around and Eddie wandered in to jeer us up. After the tour the 20 or so sponsors combined with the competition winners to form a guard of honour on the ground, it felt a little weird being out on the ground, but it was good to have that experience. Thankfully after that we were granted access to the social club in the glasshouse which meant I didn't have to watch the game in the heat and instead could watch from an elevated position albeit partly restricted by the window frames.

Singh also mentioned that the weekly access the club has to the players is restricted to just 9 hours across 3 days, which probably explains why it took longer for team footy to show through. A lot of players spend additional hours at the club outside of the scheduled time though putting in around 20 hours in total. That's a big week when combined with work outside of footy.

I was told this too, on Thursday night. I'm not entirely sure why the AFL (as I was advised) places a restriction on the hours the girls can train (contact hours?). Maybe its to ensure that club demands don't intrude too much into personal/professional lives? These girls not only have full time jobs, but some also have babies and older children. I was also told that the 9 hours are mostly used in onfield training and meetings, with the girls otherwise given the freedom to use the gym and interior facilities as much as possible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the opportunity today and it was good to meet TheFreshBanana. Singh gave a brief speech about how the team was aiming to defeat Adelaide. He didn't give much away, but the insight on how they were wanting to move the footy comes across in how we've been playing the last couple of weeks. Singh joked that Melbourne had been in touch with tips on how to beat the crows with Collingwood replying they'd be resting players, good to see that banter extends past bigfooty and into club land. Singh also mentioned that the weekly access the club has to the players is restricted to just 9 hours across 3 days, which probably explains why it took longer for team footy to show through. A lot of players spend additional hours at the club outside of the scheduled time though putting in around 20 hours in total. That's a big week when combined with work outside of footy. In terms of next year the marquee players are contracted through to October and the rest are contracted for another month. The club is looking to allow players to have continued access to our facilities throughout the year, but they're not sure how player retention is going to play out. He also expects that with 7-8 AFL games under their belt the girls won't play full VFL seasons rather 16-20 games just to manage their workloads.

Cula-Reid then gave us a brief tour of the Holden Centre, a nice set up however I was expecting it to be bigger. Mackie I think was inside kicking the footy around and Eddie wandered in to jeer us up. After the tour the 20 or so sponsors combined with the competition winners to form a guard of honour on the ground, it felt a little weird being out on the ground, but it was good to have that experience. Thankfully after that we were granted access to the social club in the glasshouse which meant I didn't have to watch the game in the heat and instead could watch from an elevated position albeit partly restricted by the window frames.

Good stuff, barrackers. It gutted me in a minor way not to be there today, but I'm glad that you got to go and that you enjoyed it.

And the team put in a gutsy effort against a team with everything on the line. Good spirit and good signs.

... but they're not sure how player retention is going to play out.

The telecast today mentioned that the clubs will be constrained to retaining a maximum of 20 players from this year's list.

IIRC we've got a list of 27 + 3 rookies? I guess that means around 7 to 10 need to go. That's a lot more brutal than the rules for the men's team (mandated 3 let go off a list of 40)

The telecast today mentioned that the clubs will be constrained to retaining a maximum of 20 players from this year's list.

IIRC we've got a list of 27 + 3 rookies? I guess that means around 7 to 10 need to go. That's a lot more brutal than the rules for the men's team (mandated 3 let go off a list of 40)
Yeah the 20 is mentioned in an article on the 'pies site too. We have 28 on our list including Walker who's a replacement for the injured Heil. I think 8 cuts from a list of 28 too many mandatory changes and it seems to suggest the AFL wants to force changes to every club's 22. I sense a lot of clubs will be looking to re-recruit their own players, perhaps players will be cut on the ability to get them back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back