List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch the kids so I don't know, I guess midfield is always worth it. What I do have worries about is there was an article talking about those two and i think Rozee and saying that we could have three top 10 draft picks for the first time in a long time and those three picks were

Sam Day Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Horrorhead Polec went two rounds early
Daniel Gorringe Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It is just too hard to make a decent opinion ( unless you are a paid recruiter I guess) on these guys because I still remember watching Gorringe playing for Norwood ( I think) in a SANFL final and thinking " how ******* good is this kid gunna be, 17 year old killing it as a ruck" and he turned out to be little more than SANFL level his whole career. You don't even want t get me started on watching Sellars first game, a dominant 5 goal effort but he struggled with AFL.

Not saying they won't make it but I'm not going to get worked up by posts from people on Bigfooty about it and definitely not from one of those that does a "phantom draft".
Jackson Hately from Central Districts needs to be in the same discussion as Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee IMO.

I would highly doubt it. Where did you read that ??
My understanding is that Adelaide asked about him & Petracca. Petracca's management has given a firm no. I haven't heard any response regarding Oliver.

Was just a facebook page so not exactly reliable, but it indicated that he was open to the move.

Was just a facebook page so not exactly reliable, but it indicated that he was open to the move.
I'd move Lever and then some to land Oliver. He has been mentioned in a few fantasy land type posts on here regarding trades, but I would have thought he was 'untouchable' as far as the Demons go. I do hope there is some substance to the rumour, but wont be holding my breath.

My understanding is that Adelaide asked about him & Petracca. Petracca's management has given a firm no. I haven't heard any response regarding Oliver.
Oliver is a tad overrated IMO, way too keen to fire off a handball rather than looking outside the inner circle and looking for options further afield by foot. This may come in time but there's not been much evidence of that thus far in his career.

I'd move Lever and then some to land Oliver. He has been mentioned in a few fantasy land type posts on here regarding trades, but I would have thought he was 'untouchable' as far as the Demons go. I do hope there is some substance to the rumour, but wont be holding my breath.
Surely there's only so many untouchable a team can have. If they said no to Petracca they need to come back with something of worth

Oliver is a tad overrated IMO, way too keen to fire off a handball rather than looking outside the inner circle and looking for options further afield by foot. This may come in time but there's not been much evidence of that thus far in his career.
Young players can improve. Look at Matt Crouch's development this year. Previously he was a liability if he had to kick the ball more than 15m (slight hyperbole). Now he's a much, much more complete player. His kicking has improved, and his ball use and decision making have improved dramatically.

I'm not saying that Oliver can/will improve in the same way, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I could understand that comment if Oliver had 100+ games on the board, but this was his break out season and with natural improvement he is going to hurt some clubs in the future [probably] next year when he gets boot to ball more often. He only pulled his head in and got on with the real stuff this year after the DUI episode.

Young players can improve. Look at Matt Crouch's development this year. Previously he was a liability if he had to kick the ball more than 15m (slight hyperbole). Now he's a much, much more complete player. His kicking has improved, and his ball use and decision making have improved dramatically.

I'm not saying that Oliver can/will improve in the same way, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.
Most of Matt's improvement is simply down to fitness , I've watched him from 16 onwards playing at my local club with one of my best mates son's who was always raving about how good Matt was, then at the Ballarat Rebels as an U18....his kicking was never anywhere near as bad as was made out by the "pundits" that either saw him limited times or not at all. If you think fitness has nothing to do with all the facets of Matt's game you mention you are clueless.

I could understand that comment if Oliver had 100+ games on the board, but this was his break out season and with natural improvement he is going to hurt some clubs in the future [probably] next year when he gets boot to ball more often. He only pulled his head in and got on with the real stuff this year after the DUI episode.
Averaged 30 disposals......8 of them kicks.

Oilver is a fantastic player. There are no two ways about it. But how great is the need for him in our team? We have him covered by Matt Crouch. Then you add Sloane and Brad Crouch to the mix and there is no space for his speciality. But if the club has inquired about him then obviously they see where he would fit in, in which case if they did manage to land him then I would be thrilled.

Oilver is a fantastic player. There are no two ways about it. But how great is the need for him in our team? We have him covered by Matt Crouch. Then you add Sloane and Brad Crouch to the mix and there is no space for his speciality. But if the club has inquired about him then obviously they see where he would fit in, in which case if they did manage to land him then I would be thrilled.
Not that there's snowflakes chance in Hades of us getting Oliver but bringing him in would allow Brad to become more outside than inside where he can use his top end breakaway acceleration and run and carry more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that there's snowflakes chance in Hades of us getting Oliver but bringing him in would allow Brad to become more outside than inside where he can use his top end breakaway acceleration and run and carry more.

Agree, it wont happen. Would be madness from Melbourne's point of view. But if that snowflake did survive, I am not sure if Oliver is what we are lacking. But we would have to be the best contested side in the comp if we had RS, MC, BC, Oliver, Hugh and Douglas. Sydney eat your heart out.

So many people on this board are kidding themselves. Is this everyone's first trade period? Don't people know how this works? Please stop mentioning Petracca and Oliver. They're going nowhere and Melbourne would never dream of including them in a trade. We'll get Melbourne's first and steak knives.

Didn't he sign a 2 year extension recently?

I know contracts don't mean that much, but players rarely get traded so soon after an extension.
Yeah but the shouter said he wants out, unfortunately we don't have a need so it will he Port and they could do with him

Have a passing interest in his progress. Who is he most like? Is he Tom Lynch (Adel) type? I think he is only about 189, but could grow more.
Wing/half forward maybe inside/outside mid with further development only thing I see wrong with his game is he tends to just throw it on the boot on occasions.....I like him a lot. Impressed many with his efforts at the U18 Championships as an under ager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back