Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Talent aside , a waste of time and money . could use his spot last year to draft a mature age ruck . running one year behind to develop a small forward and ruckmen . Yarran and him .
I disagree. People were mystified that Freo got an experienced ruckman in Jack Hannath in the 2013 PSD draft when we already had 3 experienced rucks in Sandi, Griffin and Clarke. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Still remember that 2013 season like it was yesterday... Sandi didn't play until round 15, 2013 with that toe injury, Clarke got injured in the big day out and missed the 1st 4 weeks.. So it was Left to Griffin and Hannath.

Rounds 1-4, Griffin and Hannath carried the ruck load. Clarke came back. Rounds 5-7 Griffin and Clarke were the 2 rucks. Griffin did his knee vs the tigers and we won by a point and literally beat the tigers by 1 metre from the goal post. From rounds 8 until 14, Clarke and Hannath were the 2 rucks to hold the forth until Sandilands came back.... Then the rest of that 2013 season was history.

It seems to me that freo will go what I thought all along.... Play 2 rucks. One will be the experienced one in Sandilands or Griffin. The other will be a younger one in Apeness, Darcy or even Strnadica.

So a lifeless ruckman who got another year ahead of stalwarts like Barlow and Silvagni is scratched out before bets can even take place...

Probably one of Freo's only pre-season mistakes, oh well we'll have to wait another year to start a fresh.

So a lifeless ruckman who got another year ahead of stalwarts like Barlow and Silvagni is scratched out before bets can even take place...

Probably one of Freo's only pre-season mistakes, oh well we'll have to wait another year to start a fresh.
Yep, Barlow or Silvagni would have been an awesome ruckman this year. I can't believe our recruiters don't known who will get injured in advance.

It was the night Zac went into the ruck and Sonny dominated in the midfield, i don't know how any self respecting Dockers fan could forget.
I think it was also when Cloke didn't get involved at all and Buckley said it was a plan to keep McPharlin away from defensive fifty...

... we saw the truth in the end didn't we!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another injury recurred at training, posters blaming the player for being injured rather than the conditioning/medical team. Business as usual.

Can't even use the hard ground excuse now.

Another injury recurred at training, posters blaming the player for being injured rather than the conditioning/medical team. Business as usual.

Yes, we should never blame the player - idiot S & C staff forced him to take drugs at a dance party.

sometimes it's the mechanics fault the car keeps breaking down. Sometimes it's the driver's fault for pushing the car more than it was designed to take. Sometimes it's the fact that the car was a lemon and had issues from start which are not worth trying to fix. Other times (like with Zarke) it's the fact that an accident has caused irreparable faults in the car which the mechanics and owner can't really fix without replacing a whole lot of stuff. You can't blame the mechanics for the last three scenarios. Sadly (or not), it there isn't the potential to repair the issues to have a reliable car, it's time for a new model.

Personally I thought Zarke was done 12 months ago when I saw him hobbling around with his massive knee braces, before he reinjured himself.

sometimes it's the mechanics fault the car keeps breaking down. Sometimes it's the driver's fault for pushing the car more than it was designed to take. Sometimes it's the fact that the car was a lemon and had issues from start which are not worth trying to fix. Other times (like with Zarke) it's the fact that an accident has caused irreparable faults in the car which the mechanics and owner can't really fix without replacing a whole lot of stuff. You can't blame the mechanics for the last three scenarios. Sadly (or not), it there isn't the potential to repair the issues to have a reliable car, it's time for a new model.

Personally I thought Zarke was done 12 months ago when I saw him hobbling around with his massive knee braces, before he reinjured himself.
The Zarke car pre-broken knees
azac_zpsjqatt00y.jpg

Clark hasn't trained on the oval.
Exactly - I'm sure I read that he had surgery late last week. We only moved into Cockburn on Monday.

I normally try to be positive but for Zarke it isn't looking good. He is going to have to show some very positive signs in WAFL before the end of 2017 and preferably play a couple of solid AFL games to get a contract extension.

We can promote a Rookie now for both he and Alex Pearce. Come on down Deluca and Grey.

Exactly - I'm sure I read that he had surgery late last week. We only moved into Cockburn on Monday.

I normally try to be positive but for Zarke it isn't looking good. He is going to have to show some very positive signs in WAFL before the end of 2017 and preferably play a couple of solid AFL games to get a contract extension.

We can promote a Rookie now for both he and Alex Pearce. Come on down Deluca and Grey.
For some stupid reason, Clarke will get another one year deal unless Apeness or Darcy do really well in the ruck

For some stupid reason, Clarke will get another one year deal unless Apeness or Darcy do really well in the ruck
I think it will depend on a couple of factors. Whether Sandi's body stands up and he decides to go round again, whether Big Griff performs and decides to continue and how quickly Darcy develops. The other consideration is how well Apeness goes as the back up ruckman.

If Strnadica shines it's another option for us.

I'd love for Zarke to get back to his best because another quality big man is always handy, but if he gives us nothing this year I reckon he's gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back