List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new CBA gets voted in today. 30% increase in the cap. I'd expect to see a raft of singings within the next 2 weeks when it is official. I hold great hope that Kelly leads the charge, along with Hopper, Kennedy and Taranto.

The new CBA gets voted in today. 30% increase in the cap. I'd expect to see a raft of singings within the next 2 weeks when it is official. I hold great hope that Kelly leads the charge, along with Hopper, Kennedy and Taranto.
Well one of the rumours was that if the Giants offered an extra 100k he would stay.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The only caveat to this is that all the clubs factored in an increase and made list management decisions with that in mind so it depends how much we factored in as to how much new money is in the pot.

Obviously. However, no one really knew what it was going to be. Other clubs (North) may have budgeted for 25%, where we may have budgeted for 10%. I would hope that our football department would have been working off the worst case scenario (10%) than the best case (20%)

He's in a category above them all I believe. Kelly is a freak.
I'd have Hopper around the Shiel mark and Kennedy with the Admas / Tyson mould

At this stage I'd have Ward/Cogs/Kelly (well-rounded and developed mids), Treloar/Shiel (both very good but with issues with their game, Adams/Tyson (above average but most teams have someone as good).

I have hopes Hopper makes it to the top group, but I expect Kennedy to fit into the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same thing Treloar rolled out afterwards, IIRC.

To some players "couldn't afford/justify matching what other teams will pay him" apparently equals "didn't want him".

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-...s/news-story/541e54145257e6efd2bd1f90ef42e829

I don't understand Jack Steele's comment that the Giants didn't want him?

My understanding is that there was an offer on the table but his management held off and advised him he would have more opportunities in the midfield elsewhere?

Did we not make him an offer?
I'd suggest he's done what a lot of people do and drawn his own inference from events and discussions.
It's probably more real that the giants wouldn't confirm he was best 22 for this year and saints would..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-...s/news-story/541e54145257e6efd2bd1f90ef42e829

I don't understand Jack Steele's comment that the Giants didn't want him?

My understanding is that there was an offer on the table but his management held off and advised him he would have more opportunities in the midfield elsewhere?

Did we not make him an offer?

Disappointing

If we didn't want him we would have let North have him when they bid on him, and we wouldn't have had a two year deal on the table when he walked to St Kilda.

My guess is that he was told that we couldn't guarantee him games or match the St Kilda offer.

if he thinks that means we didn't want him, then ok.

I think you're on the money.

Lets hope we don't have the same issue with Setterfield at the end of 18.

Essendon love him and see him as the replacement for Watson.

Ive been very impressed with what Ive seen from him in the few practice matches. He has a very good set of hands and runs to the right places. Not quick but can play that tall Bontempelli/Kennedy type role which we don't have.

I also find the line "He was only selected 17 times in 2 seasons at GWS" quite ridiculous. Plenty of kids in his draft pick bracket getting less opportunity than that.
They have to float their own boat somehow.
That and "he followed us as a kid" & "wants to go home/to a real club" are the main reasons we heard for the 1st few years regarding our players

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Given we dont know what was said about leaving and never will, and he does, I'm going to accept what he said. Unfortunate business but clearly he's wjere he wants to be. He'll always be an academy kid and an ACT product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back