List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no idea at this point. I would think that MdB & Sam Reid are at least as deserving as Dan Lloyd of their respective spots, so I am still expecting them to re-sign, although I have MdB as a bit of a 'break glass' to delist if required for list spots. But then if Lloyd is upgraded (i.e. 2 year deal indicates non-rookie, unless they do bring in that new rule about one list) that blows that theory. If he is upgraded, or if Mzungu retires, there's 2 spots for rookies - in which case Shipley, Myers & Richards seem to me to be the likely candidates. We should keep trickling some young (and local) talent onto the rookie list IMHO.

Speculatively, $650k-ish.
Thanks.

I assumed it was much lower given I've heard we've offered him $600k, or is it simply a case of you not being able to fit him in under the cap and he needs to take a pay cut to stay? I'm pretty sure his situation is dependent on Kelly staying which I think will happen.

I'm a little confused at to what his worth is both salary and trade wise should the latter eventuate. His a tough player to gauge imo.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

I assumed it was much lower given I've heard we've offered him $600k, or is it simply a case of you not being able to fit him in under the cap and he needs to take a pay cut to stay? I'm pretty sure his situation is dependent on Kelly staying which I think will happen.

I'm a little confused at to what his worth is both salary and trade wise should the latter eventuate. His a tough player to gauge imo.

What are your thoughts?
Look we signed him on overs as we had the cap space and a heap of players out of contract a few years ago. It was rumoured to be like 650. We are now trying to offer him what is more typically a small forward's wage and he obvoiusly wants more as it meand a pay cut. Reports are that he wants to stay but we won't up our offer as the Kelly contract is still up in the air.

If you are actually offering 600 (more than betts money) you can have him, we wont match that imo

I think the Giants want him to take a pay cut - at the time of his previous contract he was regarded as one of the top five potential talents at the club, along with Cameron, Sheil, Treloar and Hoskin-Elliott (believe it or not). As a result he got a pay packet commensurate with his potential, as we had no one else to pay. Now we do, he hasn't delivered on that potential during his current contract, and so it doesn't make sense as a club to keep paying him over the odds.

Look we signed him on overs as we had the cap space and a heap of players out of contract a few years ago. It was rumoured to be like 650. We are now trying to offer him what is more typically a small forward's wage and he obvoiusly wants more as it meand a pay cut. Reports are that he wants to stay but we won't up our offer as the Kelly contract is still up in the air.

If you are actually offering 600 (more than betts money) you can have him, we wont match that imo
I'm not sure how true the figure is but it makes sense If the rumours of trying to move Motlop and Menzel on are true.

I'm not sure he's worth that much to be honest.

I'm not sure how true the figure is but it makes sense If the rumours of trying to move Motlop and Menzel on are true.

I'm not sure he's worth that much to be honest.
what small forward is? If he plays in the mids and goes forward to kick goals then yes, but I think he is th other way around... a small forward for pinch hits in the guts when we need a rotation.

Good player...loves a goal (selfish at times) and we would be sorry to see him go. But surely no club can afford to be paying small forwards huge $

what small forward is? If he plays in the mids and goes forward to kick goals then yes, but I think he is th other way around... a small forward for pinch hits in the guts when we need a rotation.

Good player...loves a goal (selfish at times) and we would be sorry to see him go. But surely no club can afford to be paying small forwards huge $
Unless it's Toby. Pay him anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys, while not exactly good sources, Wilson wanting to move back to WA is now being touted by two "journalists" (Hackdorn and the Purple Flog). Given he is contracted it seems a strange one to make up, though not exactly something new for your players. Had anyone here heard anything?

Hey Guys, while not exactly good sources, Wilson wanting to move back to WA is now being touted by two "journalists" (Hackdorn and the Purple Flog). Given he is contracted it seems a strange one to make up, though not exactly something new for your players. Had anyone here heard anything?

Its actually been doing the rounds for a while
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/me...e/news-story/480c4cd72cba2e521d745ced7269c97f

From what I understand his open to a move back home for personally reasons, namely his partner is expecting their first child

I reckon everybody would be nervous about his knee. Looks chronic
Yes, that is a real concern for Smith. He may be super keen to get home, but also to maximise his value while he can. Both thos things seem possible with Geelong, but if they go cold then will another club swoop? In the end, Giants may be the best option to continue on good money. Will be an interedting one to watch. Let's hope for his sake that we can get his knee right.

Yes, that is a real concern for Smith. He may be super keen to get home, but also to maximise his value while he can. Both thos things seem possible with Geelong, but if they go cold then will another club swoop? In the end, Giants may be the best option to continue on good money. Will be an interedting one to watch. Let's hope for his sake that we can get his knee right.

I reckon clubs would punt on him. North Melbourne could use a bloke like him, Carlton too but the talk has been Geelong.

Stringer to Geelong is a perfect fit as his ex missus and family are from there. It sure they would like his work ethic though with is Motlop like.

I reckon clubs would punt on him. North Melbourne could use a bloke like him, Carlton too but the talk has been Geelong.

Stringer to Geelong is a perfect fit as his ex missus and family are from there. It sure they would like his work ethic though with is Motlop like.
On an aside here..... who wants to move to where their ex missus was from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back