Toast 2017 Membership Total - 75663 A New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

These were all at the top of my short list, unfortunately not on the wifes! (Tried so hard to call him Cyril.)

Made a compromise and will start 2017 season with two new Tom's in my life.;)

Do husbands ever get their way when naming their children? Can any male here honestly say they felt they had more input into their new-borns' name then their wife? :p

Do husbands ever get their way when naming their children? Can any male here honestly say they felt they had more input into their new-borns' name then their wife? :p

Two from two she let me think I had input, but in reality she just said no to everything I said until it was a name she already decided! :huh:
That's how it works!

During our wedding planning, I'd be asked "Do you like A or B?". She had already decided A, so if I said A then I got to "pick it". If I pick B, then I'd be told how it won't go with these other things I had "picked already".

My son's name is Joshua Paul Hawthorn Enright.
I had Joshua Hawthorn Enright written down when I was 17 as the name I'd give my son - who I was sure I'd one day be blessed with, and the only convenience I made to my wife was including her fathers name Paul to the birth certificate.
There was never going to be any arguing with me....my birthday is September 30th so I've always celebrated on GF day and made my best friends attend Hawthorn related events religously - what happens when the Hawks play in 7 straight grandfinals including 89' which unfolded on my 21st.

More joy than any supporter has a right to dream of.

My son's name is Joshua Paul Hawthorn Enright.
I had Joshua Hawthorn Enright written down when I was 17 as the name I'd give my son - who I was sure I'd one day be blessed with, and the only convenience I made to my wife was including her fathers name Paul to the birth certificate.
There was never going to be any arguing with me....my birthday is September 30th so I've always celebrated on GF day and made my best friends attend Hawthorn related events religously - what happens when the Hawks play in 7 straight grandfinals including 89' which unfolded on my 21st.

More joy than any supporter has a right to dream of.
Any relation to Boris?

Based on what I know about the pain of child birth - I'll take the getting outvoted on the baby name compared to what the lady has to go through!

I came up with names for both our kids - Ingram Owen & Emmylou Rose.

Helps that she is as big a Country/ GP fan as me...

During my first, I wanted it to be a suprise, but as my missus is a control freak she had to know as soon as she could to 'organise'... A new born will out grow everything really quickly and in my opinion it doesn't matter what colour they wear (and yellow/white are pretty neutral). She had her mind made up for names and there was nothing I could do about it. I understood this and just chalked it up to nervous/excited first time mother. After the arrival of Emily, the missus said we wouldn't find out the sex of the next and I could name the little one.

7 months into #2 pregnancy I thought everything was still unknown, but apparently EVERYONE bar myself knew the sex and name wifey had chosen.
She sheepishly asked me if I liked any of the names she had thought of both boy and girl, and told me 4 boy and 4 girl names. The names she gave me were without a doubt some of the most horrible names you could give a child. (Ones which I have since forgotten) Only one name stuck out which was Matilda. As soon as she said it the penny dropped, and it all became clear I had been played. A mate I hadn't seen for quite some time was down for a few beers that night chimed in with "Oh. So I don't have to keep it a secret anymore?"

FFS

TL;DR No we don't.

During my first, I wanted it to be a suprise, but as my missus is a control freak she had to know as soon as she could to 'organise'... A new born will out grow everything really quickly and in my opinion it doesn't matter what colour they wear (and yellow/white are pretty neutral). She had her mind made up for names and there was nothing I could do about it. I understood this and just chalked it up to nervous/excited first time mother. After the arrival of Emily, the missus said we wouldn't find out the sex of the next and I could name the little one.

7 months into #2 pregnancy I thought everything was still unknown, but apparently EVERYONE bar myself knew the sex and name wifey had chosen.
She sheepishly asked me if I liked any of the names she had thought of both boy and girl, and told me 4 boy and 4 girl names. The names she gave me were without a doubt some of the most horrible names you could give a child. (Ones which I have since forgotten) Only one name stuck out which was Matilda. As soon as she said it the penny dropped, and it all became clear I had been played. A mate I hadn't seen for quite some time was down for a few beers that night chimed in with "Oh. So I don't have to keep it a secret anymore?"

FFS

TL;DR No we don't.

The best compromise is to each pick one name.
I struck it lucky and picked their first names, she got them middle names.

Whatever name you give them, though, the name instantly becomes special!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how we've deviated from the topic to talking about baby names. :D
babies are potential members and should be signed up as soon as they are named, hence the importance of names for babies

Haven't met my kids, 1 is still in Kuta (I think) and the other Cancun, would sign them up if I could.

Haven't met my kids, 1 is still in Kuta (I think) and the other Cancun, would sign them up if I could.

That's not something I would be proud of tige, especially when you boast about what a good food supply wour wife has. Could have added you at least care for them, and help with their support.

That's not something I would be proud of tige, especially when you boast about what a good food supply wour wife has. Could have added you at least care for them, and help with their support.

Proposing Christmas Day.. everything before then is null and void

Today's total - 58,177. Last year we were at 55,689 - so we are +2,488.
Not quite true because the figure has not been updated since Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back