NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL no.

If the Browns pass at #1 he still ends up at the 9ers, Bears, Jags or Jets and can you really see any of them being a QB away from a title contender?

Trubisky will be lucky to get 3 Division Champion rings let along Conference championships or even a Superbowl. unless he ends up as a back up on a good team in 5 years.
Seahawks were a disgrace in the years prior to Wilson being selected

Things can change quite quickly

To wrap up my view here so I didn't overrun the thread about trubisky.. heres how I rank the main qbs.

1. Trubisky- top 10 pick
2. Kizer- end of 1st round
3. Watson- early 2nd round ( but likely to go in 1st)
4. Mahommes- early 3rd
I just don't see it with Kizer

I just don't see it with Kizer

I 100% agree he should have stayed in school.

But still think he could be a good nfl qb. To me the best situation for him is being drafted to kansas city, sit behind Smith for 2 years and learn from Reid.

Seahawks were a disgrace in the years prior to Wilson being selected

Things can change quite quickly

They also got a good players coach.

You can say the same about the 9ers with Harbaugh before all the power fights between coaches and FO

Seriously, those analytics type people have to be pushed out of the NFL. They're the scourge of all bad decisions...

-------

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot, coach Hue Jackson favors using the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M DE/OLB Myles Garrett.

This comes on the heels of a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that stated the Browns' higher-ups are "split" on who to take with the top pick, mentioning Garrett and UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky. Jackson wants a "game-changer" at No. 1, and Garrett might be the only true one in this draft. This would suggest the analytically-driven Browns front office is having thoughts about picking a quarterback at No. 1. At the end of the day, we expect Garrett to be the selection.
Related: Browns

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Some morning draft rumours.

Garrett Bolles being rumoured as a top 10 pick. Chargers, panthers among teams interested

The steelers want Jabrill peppers. May move up for him

Chiodo be awuzie is currently the 3rd or 4th ranked CB on alot of teams boards and will probably go in the 1st rd

Chiodobe awuzie is currently the 3rd or 4th ranked CB on alot of teams boards and will probably go in the 1st rd

I wonder if this is legit or just pundits seeing that he's accepted an invitation to the draft green room and then putting two and two together

Raiders got voted 2nd worst draft night ballcap just behind the NFL Shield.
For a Raiders hat, it's pretty ugly.

Not that bad really.. perhaps the 'white' being too much.. don't get the idea of underneath having the complete logo (Chargers)..

Grudens QB camps are such a load of shite.

It's always been a big song n' dance.. big guitar Jon amping up the interview to be the be & end all..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy on Sporting News said he is certain the Eagles will take one of the following at 14 if they are available: Harris, Barnett, Ross, Conley or McCaffrey.

I hope that's true because I'm glad Davis is not in that list.

He and Barnett are my favourites for the Ravens at 16

I hope that's true because I'm glad Davis is not in that list.

He and Barnett are my favourites for the Ravens at 16

Don't get the Davis hype, had a fair few drops, has injury concerns, didn't work out, played against inferior competition, isn't elite at anything but is just solid at a few things.

Don't get the Davis hype, had a fair few drops, has injury concerns, didn't work out, played against inferior competition, isn't elite at anything but is just solid at a few things.

I think it comes down to his fit within our team. We have straight line speed in Perrimen and Wallace but we lack a very good route runner who can create yards after the catch.

In saying that. Taking someone like Barnett, Charlton, Watt, Harris etc in the first and then adding Kupp or Taywan Taylor who offer something similar to Davis in the 2nd or 3rd round is probably the better way to go.

Me too his tape nothing for me

Although neither did Coopers and I loved Kevin Whites...

So HoF confirmed

Self serving content alert, but...

If you are the Browns and you rate Trubisky that highly which will be the better 10+ year prospect for the franchise...QB or DE (and I have zero doubt Garrett will bolt for FA the minute his rookie contract is up if he ends up a Brown).

To speculate further, if the Browns take Trubisky, the 49ers will be rushed for suitors to trade for Garrett's rights...will be a tough decision for what Lynch will do.

Self serving content alert, but...

If you are the Browns and you rate Trubisky that highly which will be the better 10+ year prospect for the franchise...QB or DE (and I have zero doubt Garrett will bolt for FA the minute his rookie contract is up if he ends up a Brown).

To speculate further, if the Browns take Trubisky, the 49ers will be rushed for suitors to trade for Garrett's rights...will be a tough decision for what Lynch will do.

I am skeptical about the reports. It just seems like hyperbole to me. "If" there is any debate inside the Browns organisation then it is undoubtedly the analytics guys wanting Garrett (wth good reason) and the coaches wanting a QB (stupid to even consider one that early on in this draft).

I am skeptical about the reports. It just seems like hyperbole to me. "If" there is any debate inside the Browns organisation then it is undoubtedly the analytics guys wanting Garrett (wth good reason) and the coaches wanting a QB (stupid to even consider one that early on in this draft).

The only reasons why the Browns would be linked to this sort of speculation is 1) the media trying to beat up some interest in the 1st overall pick 2) Browns letting it be known they are willing to trade down for the right offer 3) they actually do want Trubisky, know its a reach at 1 and somehow want to trade down and get Trubisky later or 4) they are the Browns.

The only reasons why the Browns would be linked to this sort of speculation is 1) the media trying to beat up some interest in the 1st overall pick 2) Browns letting it be known they are willing to trade down for the right offer 3) they actually do want Trubisky, know its a reach at 1 and somehow want to trade down and get Trubisky later or 4) they are the Browns.

I like your option 4).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back