NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
With 6 teams (and coutning after this weekend) already eliminated from playoff contention i thought would be a good time to start conversations around next years draft

With bowl season about to kick off we will start to see more and more underclassmen declare for the draft.

Cleveland, san fransico, jacksonville, chicago and the jets looking like they will be picking in the top 5.

It looks to be a 1st round with some elite defensive prospects, a good year for running back and tight end talent but with qb and wide receiver classes looking subpar.

Some of the players likely to he picked early in their position are..

Defense

DE/DT
Jon Allen (alabama)
Malik mcdowell (micighigan state)

OlB/ DE
Myles Garrett (texas A and M)
Tim williams (alabama)

Linebacker
Jabrill peppers (michigan) also lists as a safety
Rueben foster (alabama)

Safety
Jamal adams (LSU)
Justin evans (texas a and m)

Cornerback
Quincy wilson (florida)
Marshon lattimore (ohio state)

Offense
Quarterback
Mitch trubisky (north carolina)
Deshon kizer (notre dame)

Running back
Leonard fournette (lsu)
Delvin cook (florida state)

Wide receiver
Mike williams (clemson)
John ross washington)

Tight end
Jake butt (michigan)
Oj howard (alabama)

Tackle
Cam robinson (alabama)
Ryan ramczyk (wisconson)

Guard/centre
Dan freeney (indiana)
Ethan pocic (lsu)

Solomon Thomas today proved why he is one of the best DE in CFB right now. And does it with far less tallent around him on the DL. Would love the Packers to get him but doubt he will last to late 1st round.

Last edited:

Thought id bump this with a lot of key prospects playing today over next few days.

Big game from dalvin cook...might put him in the top 10.

Any team that takes Fournette over Cook is stupid. Cook is far better and has been able to run on good D's.

Solomon Thomas today proved why he is one of the best DE in CFB right now. And does it with far less tallent around him on the DL. Would love the Packers to get him but doubt he will last to late 1st round.

Agree. Most mocks have him as a late 1st rounder but i see nfl gms seeing him as one of the premier talents in the draft.

Top 15 pick

Jonathon allen from bama was again a beast.

I think hes cemented in as a top 5 pick now.

Alot of mocks have him going to the jags with pick 3 or 4

Its looking like the best 5 players in the draft at the moment are currently garrett (de), allen (de/dt), fournette, cook (running backs) and rueben foster (linebacker)..

But the qbs will obviously be involved in the top 5 to shake that up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathon allen from bama was again a beast.

I think hes cemented in as a top 5 pick now.

Alot of mocks have him going to the jags with pick 3 or 4

Its looking like the best 5 players in the draft at the moment are currently garrett (de), allen (de/dt), fournette, cook (running backs) and rueben foster (linebacker)..

But the qbs will obviously be involved in the top 5 to shake that up
Jonathan Allen would be huge for that Jag D line that already has talent

Malik Jackson, Fowler, Ngakoue. If Jack lives up to the pre-draft hype they will suddenly have an amazing front 7 with Smith included.

Sad news for Michigan tight end jake butt who has a torn acl.

He was the projected number 1 tight end in the class and was a likely early 2nd round pick.

He will slide now.

The tight end class is still stacked, possibly looking at the strongest class in years for teams looking for a tight end

Sad news for Michigan tight end jake butt who has a torn acl.

He was the projected number 1 tight end in the class and was a likely early 2nd round pick.

He will slide now.

The tight end class is still stacked, possibly looking at the strongest class in years for teams looking for a tight end

Definitely sad and a good example of why some projected high draft picks will consider not playing their bowl game.

As for the bolded, I don't agree with that - I'd argue Evan Ingram (if you consider him a TE) and OJ Howard should've/would've been picked ahead of Butt at the very least and David Njoku would've also been a chance to depending on if he declares

Definitely sad and a good example of why some projected high draft picks will consider not playing their bowl game.

As for the bolded, I don't agree with that - I'd argue Evan Ingram (if you consider him a TE) and OJ Howard should've/would've been picked ahead of Butt at the very least and David Njoku would've also been a chance to depending on if he declares

Yeh fair point. Leggett from clemson will also be drafted early.

Njoku has declared..its is a stacked class

What about potentially taking Dalvin Cook?

Ive seen a few mocks with him falling to the Colts. Sure the Colts have other needs but if they pass on Cook they are stupid.

This year is deep at DE/OLB. but teams who need a QB are f**ked because its trash this year.

I wonder who we will pick at 32?
Browns have Pick #32. Pats have had the first round taken off them because of Goodells power struggle to prove nothing.

a few have Raiders Picking McCaffery.

I'm not keen on taking a Running Back in the first round. He's a talent but the draft class is pretty deep at RB.
Its not that deep at RB, there are 3-4 great backs then a drop off to what you get from RB's most years.

Jake Butt's ACL will drop him from the 2nd TE picked into a day 2/3 pick.

Wasn't that last year?

Looking back at the draft yeah it was. i thought it was moved to this year because of how long it was tied up and all the appeals before finally the Pats gave up.

Browns have Pick #32. Pats have had the first round taken off them because of Goodells power struggle to prove nothing.

Wasn't that last year?

The Pats lost their 4th round pick this year (2017) due to deflategate. The first rounder they lost was last year.

Note that the Giants 4th rounder will drop to the end of the round due to walkietalkygate, and the Chiefs have lost their 6th round pick in 2017 due to tamperingygate.

The Pats lost their 4th round pick this year (2017) due to deflategate. The first rounder they lost was last year.

Note that the Giants 4th rounder will drop to the end of the round due to walkietalkygate, and the Chiefs have lost their 6th round pick in 2017 due to tamperingygate.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence belichik is asking for a 1st and a 4th for a garropolo?

Man if he gets gets that..and gets the picks back he lost for deflategate hes basically saying * you to goodell

Anyone else think it's a coincidence belichik is asking for a 1st and a 4th for a garropolo?

Man if he gets gets that..and gets the picks back he lost for deflategate hes basically saying **** you to goodell

If Bradford was worth a 1st and 4th round pick then the Pats could easily get the same for Jimmy G with how s**t this years QB class is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back