Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I still dont think the hawks will play finals. They can only afford a maximum of 6 more losses for the season just to have a shot. So realistically 11 out of the next 17 games. Its mathematically possible but lets see how they go when they start travelling.

No. They played the Eagles at the G.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont think he will win it. As someone mentioned before, there is a Dangerfield Bukkake every week and given the Cats have been winning, thats enough probably for him to have 3 votes each round. Wouldnt surprise me if Betts grabbed the 3 votes of Sloane last week, given what had happened at AO during the showdown, mind you Betts played an awesome game and would be deserving of the 3 votes as well.

If we only lose a few games this year that's a lot of potential votes for a player who puts in week in week out. Last year showed the umpires are noticing him. Reckon he's a big chance. Dangerfield has sucked the last two weeks and Sloane would've polled well in that same period. Danger not having a year like he did last year.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If we only lose a few games this year that's a lot of potential votes for a player who puts in week in week out. Last year showed the umpires are noticing him. Reckon he's a big chance. Dangerfield has sucked the last two weeks and Sloane would've polled well in that same period. Danger not having a year like he did last year.
You could be forgiven for thinking he's even better this year. The thing with Danger is that he's usually at the forefront of Geelong momentum shifts, umpires see that. If he gets votes today though, id be surprised.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I still dont think the hawks will play finals. They can only afford a maximum of 6 more losses for the season just to have a shot. So realistically 11 out of the next 17 games. Its mathematically possible but lets see how they go when they start travelling.

They wont play finals. But they will take some scalps along the way. They didnt play bad against us for 3 quarters. Our win got dumbed down by their next 2 performances which were poor.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Its Selwoods turn this year. #FreeKickSelwood

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
http://m.afl.com.au/brownlow-medal/predictor

Hasn't been updated yet, but imagine he's leading after this round. Bookies have him 3rd fave now after Danger and Dusty

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I actually think Adelaide and Geelong will finish 1 and 2. Geelong's draw is ridiculously soft.

GWS third and bulldogs fourth.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
I'm looking forward to him being interviewed after his Brownlow win.

"So Rory, you're Adelaide's second Brownlow medallist, you're an All-Australian and you'll be lining up in this year's Grand Final against GWS.

How much do you think you've missed Paddy Dangerfield this year?"

I'd actually be fine with them asking that. They can go for their life

Means Rory has the medal and we're playing in a GF :D

29.9 to 16.8. It's not as impressive.
The last 5 games (third time lucky!):
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 11.20.22 AM.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelongs feels more impressive because they've mostly been come from behind winds, whereas our performances have been more consistent over the 4 qtrs and we haven't had to come from behind.

Geelong come from behind because they are toying with the opposition. They leave selwood and danger out of the action for most of the game to test their young players. Then when the game needs to be won they unleash them and break away

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. We build nicely throughout the match.

And it shows if you can get Geelong early, you've only got to hold them out early in the last quarter.

based on our fitness, speed of ball movement which doesn't slow at all as the game goes on, plus the fact we own last quarters ourselves it seems we should beat Geelong. I haven't seen anything impressive from Geelong at all. They are slow, there ball movement is simply awful and they tend to just bomb it long to a contest in the forward line rather then play it smart. They are good enough to cause us headaches and I am sure it will be a close game but.....There is not one reason we should lose this match.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
based on our fitness, speed of ball movement which doesn't slow at all as the game goes on, plus the fact we own last quarters ourselves it seems we should beat Geelong. I haven't seen anything impressive from Geelong at all. They are slow, there ball movement is simply awful and they tend to just bomb it long to a contest in the forward line rather then play it smart. They are good enough to cause us headaches and I am sure it will be a close game but.....There is not one reason we should lose this match.
...except if geelong stop our ball movement like they have the last 2 games we have played them and we bomb it long down the line to a loose Enright.

Wait, he's retired....we will win!

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelong come from behind because they are toying with the opposition. They leave selwood and danger out of the action for most of the game to test their young players. Then when the game needs to be won they unleash them and break away

As opposed to North, whom the oppo toy with, just winning at the end. It would be interesting to see North's scoring table for comparison.
Of course, they will win one eventually: I just hope that it's not by a point against us down in Tassie in a few weeks.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
May be one of the few occasions where the Power "let's start a melee" tactic would work. Right at the start of the 4th quarter just get into Selwood and Danger. Keep them out of the play with jumper punches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back