Preview 2017 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I offended you mate was trying to be funny by linking snap and dick in a post relating to Wags....guess it was a bit limp :(

Wasn't offended at all, just trying to engage in some sort of discussion.
Maybe I will have better luck with my mate who is a pimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPnnnwoUQAE_gNA.jpg:large

Wow, Dylan Buckley to GWS, talk about bucking the trend, you could say he has been promoted to the BluWS senior team. Reid as well, i guess they have tonnes of young talent stockpiled from previous years.

Is it possible that’s wrong? Weren’t they signing Ben Buckley’s kid or was that done separately?

Is it possible that’s wrong? Weren’t they signing Ben Buckley’s kid or was that done separately?
both according to their press release,
Rookie Selection: Dylan Buckley

Check out some of the best from new recruit and former Blue Dylan Buckley who joined the GIANTS with pick 15 in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft.
Another Buckley Lands at the GIANTS
GIANTS Media - @GWSGIANTS

27 November 2017 5:13 PM

The GIANTS have picked up former Blue Dylan Buckley as well as re-listing journeyman Sam Reid at Monday’s NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

Earlier in the day the club also signed local forward Jack Buckley (no relation) as a Category B rookie.

At pick 15, the GIANTS selected Dylan Buckley who played 39 games for Carlton over six seasons before being delisted last month.

Originally drafted to the Victorian club under the father-son rule, 24-year-old Buckley is the son of triple-premiership star Jim.

Buckley is an exciting prospect with his speed and willingness to take the game on.

GIANTS National Recruiting Manager Adrian Caruso said: “We think he can add to our depth predominantly as a small pressure forward but he also has the ability to play down back.

“He is competitive and will have a crack, and will add to the competition for spots in our AFL side.”

The GIANTS also re-listed veteran Sam Reid with pick 29 after being forced to delist the former Bulldog due to changes to list management rules.

Reid again continues his career at the club after initially retiring in 2013 before re-joining the GIANTS ahead of the 2016 season.

Reid has played 19 games over the past two seasons to take his career tally to 43 AFL games.

As revealed earlier in the day, the GIANTS also landed Sydney forward Jack Buckley as a locally zoned Category B rookie.

Buckley is a key forward who played five NEAFL games for the GIANTS Reserves this season.

He represents the UNSW-ES Bulldogs in the AFL Sydney competition and is a strong contested mark and has good athleticism for his size.

Buckley is the son of North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley.

I am so excited about drafting the world's youngest Gordon. Had my heart set on him since earlier today when I heard of him for the first time.

Seriously, the new guys arriving makes the whole generation changeover feel very real suddenly. Starting up the VFL team is just the cherry on top of a whole new North Melbourne hitting the park in 2018. And the following year adding AFLW too? Be still, my beating heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry GG but your man gave up.

ROFL...NFL punter?

The guy is a gift that keeps on giving. That just clarified my view on him taking the onus to take the kick to try and win the VFL GF when there were players free.

Oh well good luck to him but think should be more realistic and do something else.

Good luck to Dylan Buckley though. I think he's been a bit unlucky.

Bewley, Hanson, Sambono, Answerth all very stiff to miss out. Wagner I feel for, but this gig is very tough. Hope he
Stays in the VFL and gives himself every chance to crack it.

I thought Lennon would’ve got a shot too,
But obviously not going to get picked up if he didn’t nominate.

Interesting that Fordham or Lamb weren’t given a chance by St.Kilda. Obviously didn’t like what they saw in training. Hope Fordham stays in the VFL and gets a chance Elsewhere in the future.

Also really surprised no one took a punt on Cassidy Parish. I know he can’t kick, but tall 190cm inside ball winners don’t exactly grow on trees. I wouldn’t imagine he’ll get a chance @TAC cup level as a 19 year old considering his size and strength now.

NTHMELB-2.jpg

Who they drafted: Tom Murphy (Dandenong Stingrays), Gordon Narrier (Perth)

Summary: The Roos clearly felt they had a need for speed going into this draft period. They picked up a series of quick players on Friday night and rookie additions Murphy and Narrier bring more of the same. Three of North's best midfielders – Ben Cunnington, Trent Dumont and Jack Ziebell – do their best work on the inside and aren't overly blessed with pace, so Shaun Higgins needs more support in that regard. Whether Murphy and Narrier become part of that solution remains to be seen, with them likely to start down back and in attack, respectively, before threatening the midfield rotation. - Marc McGowan

What the club says: "(Tom)'s a good rebounding defender with a penetrating kick that can also go through the midfield and push forward. Gordon represented WA at the nationals as a 19-year-old and has excellent speed and ground coverage. He comes to us with senior footy experience and will bring some more x-factor to our list." - National recruiting manager Mark Finnigan

Seems to be the best two rookie picks our club has made in a long long time. Both players looks like they have the tools to make it. So friggin glad our club has changed tack with our drafting, speed, power, size and skill. All things going well this may be our best draft class yet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back