• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Firstly, who’ll end up being number 1?

Secondly, who can / will play together?

The thing for me is, I really don’t see how we play both Leuenberger and Bellchambers. It would require one of them to be a forward, and I don’t think either of them are. Though I do have a personal dislike for attmepts to turn kinda uncoordinated, kinda ungainly rucks into forwards. They never seem to have forward sense.

S.MACKernan.
Bellchambers is underrated all 'round the ground. Freshened will be dynamite in forward line. Pinch hit in the ruck with Berger doing most work.

I really don’t see it in Bellchambers.

My biggest worry is his inability/refusal to use his body. He’s terribly easy to knock out of a contest at his size. He seems to flop around constantly, drives me nuts.

What am I missing? When has he ever been an effective forward?

He kicked 6 goals against Melbourne and Port Adelaide I think

I really don’t see it in Bellchambers.

My biggest worry is his inability/refusal to use his body. He’s terribly easy to knock out of a contest at his size. He seems to flop around constantly, drives me nuts.

What am I missing? When has he ever been an effective forward?
My memory is shot. eth-dog probably knows the details by rote. He was quite good down forward one year. Can take a grab and is quite a reliable shot for goal when fit (which he basically hasn't been since that time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who *in knows with belly

Really depends if he returns fit IMO. Otherwise he will just be a fringe ruck.

Leuenberger is easily our number one ruck. What comes next is all down to structure.

I just realised I don't have anything close to an opinion that I'd be happy to stick with. I started typing a few different responses each of which had merit and each of which had flaws. I'll just leave it as Leuey being first ruck, the coaching staff can sort out the rest.

Bit of a flow on effect. If Hurley goes, you could argue that Hooker has to go back and a
CHF: Daniher
FF: Bellchambers
Ruck: Leuenberger

Makes sense. If Hurley stays however, we keep Hooker forward, and I don't think you play both ruckmen, which is where this question becomes relevant.

Will certainly be interesting. Leuenberger is the safer bet.

Bit of a flow on effect. If Hurley goes, you could argue that Hooker has to go back and a
CHF: Daniher
FF: Bellchambers
Ruck: Leuenberger
Tough call. Joe has some pace and chase in the F50. Belly slows that right down and easy enough to target on the rebound.

Also, with such an advantage he got on the weekend, berger didn't impress me too much. Yes he got plenty of the first taps - just that not too many of them got into our hands. Young group? Miscommunication? At times he was farming out taps to no one.

Bellchambers kicked 28 goals from 18 games playing as a forward/ruck one year, then had an ankle injury that set him way back, a broken patella and a broken foot all at the same time towards the end of 2015. Is it unreasonable to expect him to kick 30+ goals in a full season?

Back