2017 Sri Lanka Tour of India (3 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

SL must be getting sick of Kohli

Genuine question not aimed at having a shot at you/India/Kohli.

Does it annoy you in the slightest that this guy, who AB aside is probably the most gifted batsman on the planet, can bat like this (most of the time) on the slow dusty decks but just hasn’t figured out the art of the faster/greener ones? Or do you just take the good with the bad and acccept that whatever his shortcomings, he will pretty much win every second series for you at home?

Genuine question not aimed at having a shot at you/India/Kohli.

Does it annoy you in the slightest that this guy, who AB aside is probably the most gifted batsman on the planet, can bat like this (most of the time) on the slow dusty decks but just hasn’t figured out the art of the faster/greener ones? Or do you just take the good with the bad and acccept that whatever his shortcomings, he will pretty much win every second series for you at home?

I've not sure if this is a fair reflection of his career - not taking it as a dig, I'm genuinely bemused. So far in his career he has only failed in England, and that was four years ago. He's done very well in Australia previously, and also in South Africa and New Zealand albeit the small sample size.

But if I'm answering your question - no I don't get annoyed, gone thankfully are the times when as an Indian supporter I hang my hat on one batsman. If he fails we've got other batsmen to pick up the slack. Especially with someone like Rahane in the side who I rate as a better bat away anyway. Also I'm more interested in Kohli the captain and where he can take this team, especially on the away tours. Looking forward to the next 12 months.

I've not sure if this is a fair reflection of his career - not taking it as a dig, I'm genuinely bemused. So far in his career he has only failed in England, and that was four years ago. He's done very well in Australia previously, and also in South Africa and New Zealand albeit the small sample size.

But if I'm answering your question - no I don't get annoyed, gone thankfully are the times when as an Indian supporter I hang my hat on one batsman. If he fails we've got other batsmen to pick up the slack. Especially with someone like Rahane in the side who I rate as a better bat away anyway. Also I'm more interested in Kohli the captain and where he can take this team, especially on the away tours. Looking forward to the next 12 months.

Hard to say it better than this. The only place Virat's failed, and failed miserably at that, was England. And that's a single series. He's done pretty well everywhere else. Somehow the tracks in Australia, South Africa and NZ turned batting friendly across the board for the time that Kohli was batting on them.

If we were to apply the same yardstick to a Ricky Ponting, for instance, IIRC he averaged about 11 in his first 3 series in India.

Kohli averaging 78 against Sri Lanka.

Must admit his overall record is better than I gave him credit for. His career average has climbed to 53 on the back of his last few innings. His conversion rate is insane- 20 hundreds, 14 fifties.

Why the hell can't Rahane play well in home !

It's very odd. I'll take it though if he starts churning out some tons in the away tours coming up. Would be under some pressure from himself though I think, not getting any runs in this series. Hopefully it doesn't affect him too much.

It's very odd. I'll take it though if he starts churning out some tons in the away tours coming up. Would be under some pressure from himself though I think, not getting any runs in this series. Hopefully it doesn't affect him too much.
Pujara was dropped for Rohit during Windies tour. Hope they don't do the same thing for Rahane.

Pujara was dropped for Rohit during Windies tour. Hope they don't do the same thing for Rahane.

Nah he’ll play. Rahane has always been better away, he’s got that going for him. Pujara is yet to prove himself overseas so was easier to drop, even if it was against the West Indies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Chandimal is stopping play because there were only 10 Sri Lankans on the field. They are one fielder short and that boundary alerted the captain to that handicap. Sri Lanka's interim coach Nic Pothas has come out to talk to umpire Joel WIlson. Nigel Llong joins in as well. Could it be that Sri Lanka do not have enough reserves to put on the park?

Shambles

The Indian team and management’s response to the Sri Lankan’s problems with the pollution has been as classy as always :rolleyes:

Sri lanka's bowlers, with the exception of herath, are ******* shocking. Their quick bowlers bowl mid to high 120s with little to no movement or bounce. Awful stuff to watch

Actually impressed that Sri Lanka managed to draw.

I expected them to collapse to a big defeat after yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back