Certified Legendary Thread 2017 The Summer of George Trade Period Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could definitely see us trying to get Francis if the Watts deal falls through. Despite Dodoro's reputation, Essendon did the first surprise move of this trade period by giving up pick 11 (amongst other pick swaps) for Smith. They still need to land Stringer and Saad (at least that's their goals) and they don't have the currency to do it right now. If Melbourne screw us on Watts I'd certainly look at moving a 2nd round pick to Essendon and a pick swap or two to land Francis.

Potentially a potential potential upgrade to Ah Chee. But not in any way a plan B or plan C for failing to land Motlop and/or Watts.

I could definitely see us trying to get Francis if the Watts deal falls through. Despite Dodoro's reputation, Essendon did the first surprise move of this trade period by giving up pick 11 (amongst other pick swaps) for Smith. They still need to land Stringer and Saad (at least that's their goals) and they don't have the currency to do it right now. If Melbourne screw us on Watts I'd certainly look at moving a 2nd round pick to Essendon and a pick swap or two to land Francis.
I think someone calculate Smith's value in that trade being equivalent to pick 50. This is not a sign of Essendon becoming reasonable to deal with.

Are you really surprised

No, why do you ask?

really-surprised-interview.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What $ differential between us and the other mob becomes material in Motts decision making? +$50k? +$100k?

yeh it's gunna be funny when that corporation has egg on its face for the umpeenth time in two weeks lol
The good news is, as has been stated...

It's our choice in the end where Motlop goes. Equal (or close enough for him) the conditions of contract, he's ours. If he goes to Adelaide, it's effectively our decision.

Whether its the right or wrong decision for the future cant be known until his future performances have happened. I can rest my mind easy with whoever is announced, just remembering this.

Need to hold off until the Watts deal gets done farkken

I was hoping for the same but, unfortunately, with the deadline for FA offers ending Sunday, we probably can't do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back