2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus what's Jake Kolodjashnij worth
Second Rounder surely

Played his role very well last night. I really hope the Suns are considering him. We are desperate for a 3rd tall defender. Definitely got cap space to entice.

Whether the twins would like to unite or whether they prefer to craft separate footy careers I'm not sure.

But agree he is worth a mid to late 2nd rounder.

What's a realistic trade to get Brodie Grundy to Essendon? I'd be offering either this years or next year's first and probably Leuenberger (of the three rucks we have I assume he's the one they'd want) with hopefully something coming back?

If we lose Grundy we'd want a durable ruck who can shoulder the workload for the entire year, Leunburger is a HUGE liablity and will be very troublesome if relied upon.

Not sure if Leunburger adds any value to the trade, rucks of Luenburger's calibre are very easy to come by. Nankervis and Witts from last year are both significantly outperforming Luenburger, maybe it's just me but I rate him as bottom 5 in the league potentially worse.

Would be interested to see other clubs supporters views on these guys value:

Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards
Corey Ellis
Bachar Houli

Would be interested to see other clubs supporters views on these guys value:

Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards
Corey Ellis
Bachar Houli

Very little for Houli & Edwards. Both will be 29 at this years trade period, not KPP's or mids which you get a premium on.
Richmond better off keeping both, they are far better players than their trade value (pick 45+). But clubs just aren't going to cough up a good pick for them

Brandon Ellis would be mid 20s I expect. Outside mid means no premium. Drafted as a 1st rounder but lost value. Very much similar to Caddy in worth.

Corey Ellis hard to judge, admit I'm not the most qualified, but based on his pick 12 status and early on in his career I think clubs would be hard pressed to pry him away without a top 20 pick.
Is contracted til 2018 though anyway.

Cant see Grundy going anywhere unless the deal is too good to refuse.

Just wondering the value for each of the following and if you agree.
Parish = 1st rounder + something?
Zaharakis = 2nd rounder?

Also what would it take to get pick 1 from Brisbane in this years draft? I really want Fogarty.

For Carlton I'd give our first only for Parish, as it'll be a high one. Top 8 clubs would look to throw in a future 2nd rounder.

Zaharakis I wouldn't give any pick below 25. Cream player who is out of form and falling further behind every week.

Brought up by a Brisbane supporter on another thread but what about Hopper and Kennedy for pick 1? Perhaps they might need to use their 3rd rounder to get it done but it would give GWS the best player in the draft in 2017 and it would give Brisbane 2 quality midfielders who they desperately need.

Brought up by a Brisbane supporter on another thread but what about Hopper and Kennedy for pick 1? Perhaps they might need to use their 3rd rounder to get it done but it would give GWS the best player in the draft in 2017 and it would give Brisbane 2 quality midfielders who they desperately need.

It all depends on how good the #1 pick will be really.

Entirely pointless discussion when there isn't even a one in a million chance hopper and Kennedy would leave gws for Brisbane. If hopper leaves it will be for vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played his role very well last night. I really hope the Suns are considering him. We are desperate for a 3rd tall defender. Definitely got cap space to entice.

Whether the twins would like to unite or whether they prefer to craft separate footy careers I'm not sure.

But agree he is worth a mid to late 2nd rounder.

What he is worth is debatable..and depends on several factors. perhaps he gets involved in an Ablett trade.

What he is worth is debatable..and depends on several factors. perhaps he gets involved in an Ablett trade.

Will be an interesting scenario.
If Ablett does go on a 2yr contract it nullifies token trade picks for mine.

Jake Kolo would be a great acquisition for the Suns in the trade and a real possibility.

You may be right but I like LDU most just because of his inside/outside game and pace from spread- reminds me a little of Dangerfield
I think Rayner has just as much. Kicks goals and has the explosiveness. Reminds me of Patracca. Will be good to see the 3 of them play at the champs.

If I was Brisbane I'd absolutely do it. They will set themselves up with McCluggage , Berry , Keays , Hooper and Kennedy for the future. But also have Rockliff , Zorko and Beams to guide them for the meantime.

From memory BL have Port's first rounder pick. That could be used in the draft for a forward pocket player or KPD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back