List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Small crafty forward options that can play up the field in this draft... in our draft range would be Rankine, or Ian Hill... both would be handy additions and would complement the list...

Although I do believe we need another big bodied inside midfielder as well.

Logue
Our back 6 don’t require him with Kersten, Ryan, Wilson, Nyhus, A Pearce and Hamling, Blakey, S Hill and Cerra all performing there.

Edit:
Well Nyhus might be generous but he has done ok there this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm so torn with who to pick for our 1st rounder.

I feel the couple of gun mids and KPFs will be taken.

With pick 6 to 9 aprox although I know it's rated the super draft I feel we may just miss out on a true elite.

If we are realistic about heading towards the end of our rebuild in the next few years we must really nail this selection.

With pick 6 to 9 aprox although I know it's rated the super draft I feel we may just miss out on a true elite.

If we are realistic about heading towards the end of our rebuild in the next few years we must really nail this selection.

Feels like the sum of our parts drafting has been very good.

However I agree.

Nail this first rounder and we’re more than set moving forwards.

Think we already have enough to play with personally.

Feels like the sum of our parts drafting has been very good.

However I agree.

Nail this first rounder and we’re more than set moving forwards.

Think we already have enough to play with personally.

Looks promising but I still think we need more. The 22 looks pretty decent but the depth is toilet. Who knows; someone does an ACL, Cerra or Langdon nick off, or a couple of the other kids stagnate ala Suban/Sutcliffe...

Still a few more picks to nail before we're there yet IMO.

Looks promising but I still think we need more. The 22 looks pretty decent but the depth is toilet. Who knows; someone does an ACL, Cerra or Langdon nick off, or a couple of the other kids stagnate ala Suban/Sutcliffe...

Still a few more picks to nail before we're there yet IMO.

Well obviously injuries, development, poor form could upset our rebuild but I’m more than happy with how things have shaped.

The 6 guys coming back to WA have really kick started our rebuild.

If you place Logue, Darcy, Hill, Taberner back in the side naturally some guys come out.

Pray Bennell can play.

If we did pick a Rankine type at our first I’d be ecstatic. Low touches high impact player is exactly what we need across our half forward line.

Well obviously injuries, development, poor form could upset our rebuild but I’m more than happy with how things have shaped.

The 6 guys coming back to WA have really kick started our rebuild.

If you place Logue, Darcy, Hill, Taberner back in the side naturally some guys come out.

Pray Bennell can play.

If we did pick a Rankine type at our first I’d be ecstatic. Low touches high impact player is exactly what we need across our half forward line.
What do you mean a Rankine type? Is Hill a Rankine type? One of the two will be available. Small, skilled forwards who can spin midfield when required.

I worry too, but it could actually be the opposite and someone slips through that any other year would be top 5.
The club's below us have the dilemma of trying to fix several holes in their lists.
We on the other hand need a forward, medium or small that can, will play some midfield minutes when required.
As someone else on here pointed out too, most of the Talls taken early have failed to live up to expectations.

What do you mean a Rankine type? Is Hill a Rankine type? One of the two will be available. Small, skilled forwards who can spin midfield when required.

Rankine type is a speedy half forward with impact.

Yes Hill is a Rankine type but personally I think a stretch at a pick inside 10.

I worry too, but it could actually be the opposite and someone slips through that any other year would be top 5.
The club's below us have the dilemma of trying to fix several holes in their lists.
We on the other hand need a forward, medium or small that can, will play some midfield minutes when required.
As someone else on here pointed out too, most of the Talls taken early have failed to live up to expectations.

Yes there definitely could be a slider to Freo

With the King twins I feel that they may want to be playing in the same state together. The bond between twins are extremely tight.

Yes mabe I've watched too many ABC and SBS forums.

I'd love either of Smith or Walsh but both will probably be taken already.

Hatley could be great however his disposal from all accounts lacks polish.

Hill has the skills and speed plus the family love at Freo. He however isn't a massive need compared to pure mid or tall dominant forwards.

Maybe I'm just overly focused on the rebuild instead of enjoying the second half of the season.

Watch Conor Rozee. Has hands as big as Fyfe.
Lovely user of the ball. Powerful but mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the oddities with Fyfe is his handspan... I tried to find out but couldn’t nor could I find other draftees handspan over the last few years.

In the US NBL handspan is a well used measurement as it relates to ability to grab/hold the ball.

How do you know Rozee has big hands?

One of the oddities with Fyfe is his handspan... I tried to find out but couldn’t nor could I find other draftees handspan over the last few years.

In the US NBL handspan is a well used measurement as it relates to ability to grab/hold the ball.

How do you know Rozee has big hands?

Watch the vision.
Runs around with the ball in one hand, but also you can see relative to the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the vision.
Runs around with the ball in one hand, but also you can see relative to the ball

Rozee averaging only 12 possessions a game, DeGoey averaged 15, so if he gets similar after the championship?
Valente is another who may fit better not as skilled but you can see he will be hard as nails, fit straight in.
Crows will be hoping on Rankine, Rozee, Valente, and like Fogarty last year.

Agreed Lach. He really seems like the most sensible addition to our current group of players. Very dynamic and goal hungry. Also a mid/forward, so the upside is tantalising.

^^ exactly. It's basically formalising an already unwritten rule. Still think it's funny when blokes have a bounce after three steps.
that is more a judgement thing, take a couple of steps, realise you have space to run with the ball, take the bounce before you hit the gas. Particularly if you judge you're going to need to get around a player soon. Take the bounce when you can.

that is more a judgement thing, take a couple of steps, realise you have space to run with the ball, take the bounce before you hit the gas. Particularly if you judge you're going to need to get around a player soon. Take the bounce when you can.
Things I remember from colts way back in the deep dark mid nineties in even deeper and darker Albany:
1) Aim for a target behind the goal not the goal themselves
2) ALWAYS run your measure before taking a bounce as you are leaving yourself vulnerable to being caught, or at very least slowing play down if you don't.
3) Royals are the enemy.

Things I remember from colts way back in the deep dark mid nineties in even deeper and darker Albany:
1) Aim for a target behind the goal not the goal themselves
2) ALWAYS run your measure before taking a bounce as you are leaving yourself vulnerable to being caught, or at very least slowing play down if you don't.
3) Royals are the enemy.
Hey Brazil x

Agreed Lach. He really seems like the most sensible addition to our current group of players. Very dynamic and goal hungry. Also a mid/forward, so the upside is tantalising.
Yep been on his bandwagon for a while now,I just think he projects as the perfect combo of needs and talent for us.

Apart from his marking The other thing I really like about him is his agility and awareness in traffic, is really able to get himself out trouble consistently... so important in the modern game

Connor Rozee does seem to have immense talent. The knock on him is he doesn't get enough of it.

That's a large concern if you cant get the ball at U18 level.

His highlights look composed and silky. Probably falls more to a pick after 10 in this draft.

For mine it's Rankine (serious questions on his attitude) then one of the King brothers. Then Ian Hill.

Rozee falls outside that bunch. Ian Hill the safe bet in terms of WA factor but also a reach at pick 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back