Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry GG.exe can you please clarify? Is Jordan Hicks a RFA taggable player this year or do I have him for 1 more year before the RFA option arises?
If he is out of years then I will tag him instead of Mathieu (2nd rounder).

Sorry for the delay GG.exe and everyone else, I have been offline unexpectedly.

Tags:
F Cox 2nd round
A Thielen 2nd round
T Mathieu 2nd round

Rookies
Duke Johnson 3 years
Jesse James 3 years
Austin Ekeler 2 years
Corey Clement 2 years
Nate Hairston 2 years

In regards to rookie contracts, can only choose between 1 or 2 years extension. I'll take it the 3 years you have there will all be 2

Just waiting on arakaan and peterbuch74 to provide their details.

I'll give them all morning and afternoon Sunday April 1st. But come evening time no info provided, I'll choose for them and get the RFA Bidding Period underway by the night-time.

sorry hardly looked in here.

will do it shortly

I presume the 1 year contract players are the ones I'm looking at right?

because I thought in the past they became 0 Year players at this stage.

Check the spreadsheet on the home page of the MFL site - it lists all the rookies coming off contract and RFAs.

Some of the players with 1 yr on your roster will be out of contract, and some will be ones that genuinely have 1 year left. GG did it that way this year to make it quicker for him to do (because all of the contract stuff is done manually by him, not the website)

drd23 and others......if you were managing peterbuch74 's roster.....

Rookies you'd extend -- who would you choose and how many years??
- Jameis Winston 2 years
- Shaq Thompson 2 years
- Dante Fowler 2 years
- Shane Ray 1 year

Franchise Tags -- who would you choose and which round??
- Greg Olsen 3rd rounder
- Andy Dalton 1st rounder
- Robert Ayers 3rd rounder
- Jason Witten 3rd rounder
- Demaryius Thomas 2nd rounder
- Stephen Gostkowski 3rd rounder
- Aqib Talib 3rd rounder
- Star Lotulelei 3rd rounder
- Steve Mclendon 3rd rounder
- K'Waun Williams 3rd rounder

Note -- you have picks 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th rounders in upcoming draft.

Agree w Winston, Fowler and Thompson. I wouldn't bother with Ray given he's listed as a LB

As for Franchise tags, I'd go with Dalton 2nd rounder and Olsen 3rd rounder +/- DT 2nd rounder (but I'd be tempted to roll the dice and see what he gets in FA if I were PB)
Which DT? There are two. Or you mean both DT's roll the dice better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE RFA BIDDING PERIOD HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN.

APRIL 1st to APRIL 30th -- RFA Bidding Process

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11dWUl2U2XIKgjWbjZphEUsA0JrEcAid5tk6UV9R-d3Y/edit#gid=1469701128

On the above EDITABLE spreadsheet, click the RFA BIDDING tab.

Scroll thru the list of players you're interested in.

If no player has a bid in the OPENING BID column, place your bid there. If a player already has bids on him, scroll the bar horizontally till you find an open cell to place a bid on.

Do not edit out or change the bid amounts you make if others have placed bids after you. If someone has outbid you, simply make a new higher bid in the following empty cell.

Once an opening bid is made on a player a timestamp will appear in the column marked OPEN BID TIME. Bidding for that player remains open for 3 days. After the third day, soon as there's a 24 hour period where no new higher bid is made, then bidding for that player closes, and the player is conditionally awarded to the highest bidder.

The spreadsheet cells for a player will be closed once a HIGHEST BIDDER is decided.

Soon as the bid has closed, the previous owner of the player should let me know immediately if he chooses to PASS or MATCH that offer. So that people can carry on knowing how to continue managing their roster holes/etc.

Minimum 50k bids can be placed. People can bid as much or as little as they want to bid, as long as it's in 50k increments.

Eg, bid 1 is 50k, bid 2 can be 100k or 150k or straight to 1.05m or 3.55m etc.
Eg, bid 1 is 1m, bid 2 can be 1.05m, 1.1m, 3m, etc.

The RFA Process runs all of April, but the last call for any late bids will be April 30th.

Only bid on other people's players. Because when one of your players is "won" by someone else, you always get the option to PASS or MATCH anyway.

If you PASS on a bid player, you MIGHT earn a compensatory pick for this years draft.

If a player's new salary is $5m+, and you elect to PASS, you will earn a compensatory pick at the end of the 2nd round of the rookie draft. Compensatory picks will be ranked from the highest salary down to the lowest salary.

The players colored in red are FRANCHISED TAGGED players....which incur giving up a draft pick for if you win them.

Im thoroughly confused GG.exe are Trumaine Johnson and Aaron Colvin under contract or free agents? (also Kirk Cousins)

Cant see them in the free agent pool, yet they have the same amount of years as Brown, Jones, Green etc....

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.10.35 am.png

I ask because I've bid on some cbs after checking my roster and assuming they are free agents

Last edited:
Any chance we can have players show 0 years on the final year of contract to save confusion in the future?

A11dAtP0w3R look up a few posts and see DRD's reply to my post. It explains the reason why it's that way this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back