Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

GG.exe

Rookies
Stefon Diggs - 2 years

Tags
Deandre Hopkins - 1 round tender (4 years)
Matt Stafford - 2 round tender (2 years)
Eric Berry - 3 round tender (2 years)

You don't add the years on the Vets being tagged. They're just tagged for 1 year only. Like a franchise tag. They still go thru the RFA Bidding Process. If anyone bids on them, THEN you can match the offer and give them a multi-year contract. But if no one bids on them, they remain on your roster for 1 year.

You can elect to not tag them, and thus have people bid on them far easier (because they don't have to give up a pick for them), and then when you match the best offer you can give them a multi-year contract.

Someone like Hopkins would be perfect for not tagging perhaps. If you really want him for 4 years, then dont tag, let people go nuts bidding on him, and then match the best offer.

Doesn’t the franchise tag exist to provide teams with an opportunity to reach a long term deal with their players?
Yes, but in Empire that opportunity only exists IF a player goes thru the RFA Process and gets bid on -- be it RFA or Franchise Tagged player. People tend to not bid on franchise tagged players because they have to give up a pick for them if the current owner does not MATCH the best offer. People tend to tag someone who's a great player but bordering on retirement or uncertain about their future, so keep them around for 1 more year via the tag and re-assess next off-season. But I guess if you tag a still-young stud player, then people will bid on him happy to give up a pick for him. Hopkins therefore MIGHT attract bids, because the WR class this draft is pretty s**t.

If a normal non-tagged player goes thru RFA and does not get bid on. The current owner has the option to re-sign him AND give him a multi-year contract, or keep him on 1 year, or let him go back to the free agency pool (so off your roster).

Because he tested the market, there were no takers (no one bid on him), so THEN he comes crawling back to you and you can offer him a 3-5 year contract.

But tagged players who do not get bid on, return to your roster for just 1 year. It's interpreted (in empire) as the GM and player could not work out a long-term contract, a dispute between the agent and GM. Like with Cousins, he keeps getting brought back for 1 more year, then 1 more year, then 1 more year.

If a normal non-tagged player goes thru RFA and does not get bid on. The current owner has the option to re-sign him AND give him a multi-year contract, or keep him on 1 year, or let him go back to the free agency pool (so off your roster).

Because he tested the market, there were no takers (no one bid on him), so THEN he comes crawling back to you and you can offer him a 3-5 year contract.
Correction --- such a player either goes back to FA on 1 yr, OR, if he returns to your team MUST be a 3-5 yr contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more i try understand what players i should/shouldnt tag under the structure of this league the more confused I'm getting. :(

Let it ride as i suppose. :rainbow:

The more i try understand what players i should/shouldnt tag under the structure of this league the more confused I'm getting. :(

Let it ride as i suppose. :rainbow:
Just take solace in the fact that GG makes the rules up as he goes along and his team is still a car wreck

I'll update my tags GG.exe

Ansah, Peppers and Edelman all 3rd round

I think this makes sense with the rules as they have been explained. Maybe.
Until they change again

Rookie extensions

Lockett 2 years
Cooper 2 years
Waynes 1 year

Nothing for Siemian and Bennett

Tags

Lawrence 2nd round
Newton 2nd round
Graham 3rd round

Sorry for the delay GG.exe and everyone else, I have been offline unexpectedly.

Tags:
F Cox 2nd round
A Thielen 2nd round
T Mathieu 2nd round

Rookies
Duke Johnson 3 years
Jesse James 3 years
Austin Ekeler 2 years
Corey Clement 2 years
Nate Hairston 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back