Strategy 2018 | Let's Construct Our Best 22 | Part 2: Back Six

Which six players should fill the back six positions in 2018?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh God. 76.2 percent of you think Frost is an automatic inclusion in our back 6.

I’m going back to bed where I intend to reflect, a little bitterly, on the nature of the football supporter in this modern age. Goodbye

I’m one of his bigger critics on this board but who plays KPD over him? TMac will be forward and we want to free up Lever.

I’m one of his bigger critics on this board but who plays KPD over him? TMac will be forward and we want to free up Lever.
if we got lever to be CHB then we paid way overs for him. he has to take 3rd forward loosely and set up backline with his reading of the play. he was terrible when talia was out. frost surely is the guy to free him up.

I see you, schmuttt ley.

raw

The following players have been selected:
  • Jake Lever (97.8%)
  • Michael Hibberd (97.8%)
  • Oscar McDonald (97.8%)
  • Neville Jetta (95.7%)
  • Jayden Hunt (87.0%)
  • Sam Frost (78.3%)
Part 3 (forwards) here.
I like that defence a lot. It won’t happen but I’d love to see them swap out Hunt for Joel Smith so Hunt could start on the wing. Otherwise it’s going to be Lewis or Vince who are both slow. Hopefully we never play those two in the same side. It would be nice if they started on the pine too.

I like that defence a lot. It won’t happen but I’d love to see them swap out Hunt for Joel Smith so Hunt could start on the wing. Otherwise it’s going to be Lewis or Vince who are both slow. Hopefully we never play those two in the same side. It would be nice if they started on the pine too.

Doubt Vince is best 22 next year barring injuries. Not sure if Hunt has the footy IQ to play on the wing, it'd be a massive boost if he could but I feel like they'll start grooming Baker and Stretch to play there.

I agree mostly, although not sure hunt has the smarts to play in the backline either... swap him out for Lewis. Definitely cannot have Lewis and Vince in same side. Although I’m sure they’ll roll them out together round 1.

Unsure if you’re being facetious but the backline is the easiest place on the ground to play when it comes to smarts.

Unsure if you’re being facetious but the backline is the easiest place on the ground to play when it comes to smarts.
If you have a defensive mindset, yes. If you don’t, and you, for example are prone to utilising your brilliant speed, you need to pick and choose when to do that and you also need to learn to apply your weapons defensively. I find Hunt just rebounds. And when he turns over 50% of those, he does more harm than good in the backline. I reckon he’s do less harm on the wing.

Doubt Vince is best 22 next year barring injuries. Not sure if Hunt has the footy IQ to play on the wing, it'd be a massive boost if he could but I feel like they'll start grooming Baker and Stretch to play there.
Stretch has the commitment but he became a brown pants man last year. He needs a big year.

Back