List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 1 year with an option for club was the right deal. 2 years with no threat of leaving??

There's no such thing as a club option in the AFL. Any optional years have to be automatically triggered or opt in by either party, i.e. if either player or club says "yes" it triggers. All of this is relatively rare - NDS is about the only example I can think of for the latter. I believe Tippett's Swans deal had the former.

There's no such thing as a club option in the AFL. Any optional years have to be automatically triggered or opt in by either party, i.e. if either player or club says "yes" it triggers. All of this is relatively rare - NDS is about the only example I can think of for the latter. I believe Tippett's Swans deal had the former.

Well I think 2 years is surprising. He’s done nothing wrong and been a good clubman so not angry just surprised as the 1 year deal seems the go with these types of players.

Well I think 2 years is surprising. He’s done nothing wrong and been a good clubman so not angry just surprised as the 1 year deal seems the go with these types of players.
I basically agree. I'm a little surprised too, but I can see why - good trainer, locked down a place, was very very good at forward pressure (top 5 at pressure acts in forward 50 or something like that), and we lost a competing talent in Smith.

I don't mind the 2 year contract for MDB as he would be in everyones 25 for the 2018 season and he hasn't had any major injury problems through his career that I am aware of and for 2019 he could play a leadership role for the NEAFL team if he is pushed down the selection order

Did any posters see much of Tiziani through the year? He is someone who is an option as a medium forward if the club only play the 2 tall forwards although if he would be close to being in consideration as I can't recall him being named emergency over the season so it could be another year of development for him
His stats seem ok for a medium forward in a team that finished last, 12 games 19 goals 15 disposals and 3 tackles. so nothing that screams out he is ready for AFL but it took Finlayson 2 1/2 years to get a game

Did any posters see much of Tiziani through the year? He is someone who is an option as a medium forward if the club only play the 2 tall forwards although if he would be close to being in consideration as I can't recall him being named emergency over the season so it could be another year of development for him
His stats seem ok for a medium forward in a team that finished last, 12 games 19 goals 15 disposals and 3 tackles. so nothing that screams out he is ready for AFL but it took Finlayson 2 1/2 years to get a game
I saw him and took some interest the NEAFL when I could. Travelled a bit this year and Didn't see as much NEAFL as I'd hoped. I really want him to succeed and and am not a great judge, but he seemed to struggle to get into the game to me. Only other reference was a mention in Leon's season review that indicated a less than satisfactory start and a better end to the season
Interesting to hear an opinion from Ichabod Noodle or Ellie Aquitaine that seem to follow the NEAFL, or someone else that does.

I saw him and took some interest the NEAFL when I could. Travelled a bit this year and Didn't see as much NEAFL as I'd hoped. I really want him to succeed and and am not a great judge, but he seemed to struggle to get into the game to me. Only other reference was a mention in Leon's season review that indicated a less than satisfactory start and a better end to the season
Interesting to hear an opinion from Ichabod Noodle or Ellie Aquitaine that seem to follow the NEAFL, or someone else that does.

I think struggling to get into the game could be attributed to the season the NEAFL team had and also the frequency of significant numbers of top up players
I can see last years draftees except Taranto all playing significant roles in the NEAFL although I can see Setterfield and Perryman playing plenty of AFL throughout the year

I reckon MDB's manager has got his moneys worth. The timing is odd for a 2 year deal and with his best mate going back to WA it was probably a case of his side saying 2 years or nothing. We obviously dont have the spare dollars next year so spreading over 2 seems to be the in thing.

I reckon MDB's manager has got his moneys worth. The timing is odd for a 2 year deal and with his best mate going back to WA it was probably a case of his side saying 2 years or nothing. We obviously dont have the spare dollars next year so spreading over 2 seems to be the in thing.
He's 27 is in no immediate danger falling off a cliff. I dont seewhy we would want to offer 1 year. That's usually done for players nearing the end of their careers or very marginal. I dont think he's either.

He's 27 is in no immediate danger falling off a cliff. I dont seewhy we would want to offer 1 year. That's usually done for players nearing the end of their careers or very marginal. I dont think he's either.

I just reckon it would of been done before trade period if he was 100% safe. Honeychurch might have been in line for his spot. Just guessing though.

I just reckon it would of been done before trade period if he was 100% safe. Honeychurch might have been in line for his spot. Just guessing though.
There is that. It would be cruel not to make him available for trade if we Didn't want him was my conclusion. He'd likely be picked up by someone, BF BS notwithstanding.
Pfft for Honeychurch, no-one at the club ever indicated we were interested, and these things are done by trading a token pick in trade week. Delisting seems unusual if a club wants a player.
That's how I read it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/w...kers-broughton-suban-and-deluca-ng-b88651269z

Suban has undergone a medical at Greater Western Sydney and is waiting to see if they will give him a lifeline after 156 games at the Dockers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Saw it mentioned on the Freo board. Not really surprised we still have more list positions than useable picks as I see it.
Maybe the cost of retaining guys like Kelly will be at expense of list depth to some extent. We just have to choose very wisely the players considered of lower value, as every club does.

Perhaps a rookie position, essentially replacing Tendai Mzungu? I am not a great fan, but I can see GWS looking at him similarly to Tendai & MdB in terms of cheap experience to guide our youngsters in NEAFL and depth for first grade. Given ATM we are likely only use 5 ND picks, I would be disappointed to drop to 4 plus pick up Suban.

While Brett Anderson is suggesting we are strong chance to go with a tall with pick 11.
Twomey on the road to the draft podcast implied we are still considering a lot of different types of players, which is fair enough given we have pick 11 and are so reliant on what other clubs end up doing.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft

While Brett Anderson is suggesting we are strong chance to go with a tall with pick 11.
Twomey on the road to the draft podcast implied we are still considering a lot of different types of players, which is fair enough given we have pick 11 and are so reliant on what other clubs end up doing.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft

If we take a guy like Brander it seems a bit redundant to me. We are in the window and gave up a bit to get in early for this draft. Brander wouldn’t get a game next year and even though he will be a nice player how does that help.

I think we need to be fairly confident the player can be best 22 or at least fill a role if we get injuries.

It’s going to be a fascinating draft!

If we take a guy like Brander it seems a bit redundant to me. We are in the window and gave up a bit to get in early for this draft. Brander wouldn’t get a game next year and even though he will be a nice player how does that help.

I think we need to be fairly confident the player can be best 22 or at least fill a role if we get injuries.

It’s going to be a fascinating draft!

I think were simply going to pick the best available when it comes to pick 11 so talk by Anderson and others that were focusing on a certain position type is missing the mark for mine, and when these phantom draft experts do there predictions they normally get any selection after about pick 8 wrong.
So most likely for the first time in our clubs life our first selection on draft night is likely to be a surprise - which is a nice feeling in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back