List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So many threads this could be put in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The tag line doesn't match the story, he doesn't say that at all, he says “At this stage I’ve got this year and next year to left on my contract and I’m pretty settled up here in Sydney with my partner Georgie. So we’re enjoying things up here for the time being.“

That's a bloody long way from I'm not going anywhere

Last edited:
The tag line doesn't match the story, he doesn't say that at all, he says “At this stage I’ve got this year and next year to left on my contract and I’m pretty settled up here in Sydney with my partner Georgie. So we’re enjoying things up here for the time being.“

That's a bloody long way from I'm not going ahywhere
Still dents all this he should go to Carlton or Saints this trade period

Anybody like the look of Sam Collins (ex-fremantle player)? Thought he played well before he got delisted and has apparently been doing great things in the VFL. Might be a solid mature-age replacement for Mohr assuming he retires at the end of the year.

Anybody like the look of Sam Collins (ex-fremantle player)? Thought he played well before he got delisted and has apparently been doing great things in the VFL. Might be a solid mature-age replacement for Mohr assuming he retires at the end of the year.

I think with emergence of Sam Taylor we can now get away with only playing one KPD provided said defenders name starts with Sam and ends in Taylor.

I think with emergence of Sam Taylor we can now get away with only playing one KPD provided said defenders name starts with Sam and ends in Taylor.
Wouldn't go quite that far. With Perryman and Cumming as small defenders currently as depth. Bunts and Mohr as talls as well not sure we need to be hunting backs though. We will presumably hang onto Keefe as cheap depth.

The mids look ok to me with Shipley and Bonar looking the goods long term.
Setterfield should definitely not be forgotten either.
:D Am I the only one who was worried about his Cameo on Sam Reid's "Monday" video when he was sitting in front of a gaming box with an empty chocolate wrapper?

Even small forwards with Lloyd and Daniels looking for a spot we're not too shabby.

The one area we might look to strengthen is maybe tall forwards/ruck. Even Ruck is probably ok if we're happy to play the big lug, which didn't seem to be the case a month or so ago. Next year Flynn may be ready to play, I expect primarily as a tall forward to start.

Doesn't seem much will change this year with nearly everyone contracted but if a mature tall forward is available it might be attractive. The big lug and Mohr we might be just waiting to see where we are at the end of the year and what the options are.

Otherwise we take the best talent available on our picks I think.

Last edited:
There is a lot of talk on the Fremantle and west coast boards about us wanting to offload Rory lobb, does anyone think this is true.if so, who replaces him. Pruess would be a good get I think, or Darcy Cameron from the swans.

There is a lot of talk on the Fremantle and west coast boards about us wanting to offload Rory lobb, does anyone think this is true.if so, who replaces him. Pruess would be a good get I think, or Darcy Cameron from the swans.
I wouldn't know why we would.

He is our 1st choice ruck
And with Patton going down he is needed.

He hasn't really had a good shot this year due to injuries and an interrupted preseason.

I think it's clickbait, similar to stories Shiel would be offloaded because of our cap.
I think Preuss would be a great get, but he's also contracted and North know what they have.

You’re relatively new to BF, probably still a bit niave, but for the past 8 years every other club board has, at some point, had threads (or large sections within threads) stating, with absolute fact, that [pick a player, any player] was definitely wanting to leave/being forced out and was definitely, absolutely, certainly, assuredly, without a doubt, going to their club. The St Kilda board in particular has always been the most delightfully delusional.

Tyson to Richmond. Tomlinson to North*/Carlton/St Kilda. Shiel to Carlton/Richmond. WHE/Treloar to St Kilda. Cameron to Adelaide. Greene to Freo/WC (he “liked” a tourist spot on Instagram once). Patton to the Bulldogs.

On and on and on and on and on and on.

*Some guy’s dad who was a patient of Tommo’s dad who was a dentist - solid mail mate. The best mail always comes from someone’s next door neighbour’s second cousin’s best friend - absolutely solid.

The Rory Lobb back to WA is about as regular as a Carlton losing season

In other words, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Last edited:
I expect Kelly & Shiel to stay beyond next year unless we miss the finals this year, and again next year.

i'd expect us to have a go at
Langford & Beams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Kelly & Shiel to stay beyond next year unless we miss the finals this year, and again next year.

i'd expect us to have a go at
Langford & Beams
Langford will be a very very good inside mid, would be very keen, but assume Beams is very unlikely and probably not within our required profile either

Don't get your hopes up. Expect Langford will re-sign in the not too distant future.
Get that
I'm not sure it needs to be a focus for us anyway. We have Shiipey and Bonar coming along well in the NEAFL. Will Setterfield will hopefully start to fulfill his huge potential next year when he gets past his ACL.
Langford definitely useful but it might nean the cap forces us to give up one if those later if he did come.
We wouldn't go as hard for him as other clubs even if he was on the market anyway,
:(We'll take Devon back anytime you like though.

wasn't given Jobe's jumper by accident

I like to think he was simply because that'd be hilarious.

"Well it's not like anyone important has worn that number recently - go nuts."

*10 minutes later*

"Err... wait a sec..."

Beams brings the experience
Langford (essendon) can play inside & deep forward

both should come at a reasonable price

I’d love to know what your idea of a reasonable price is, given he was a 1st rd pick 4 years ago & is on the cusp of becoming a really good player for us.

That’s assuming he was going anywhere in the first place which he most certainly isn’t.

He had a great burst from stoppage in the U18s and was already fairly big then, has he lost that with extra bulk this year?
Nah, I think it's more that he is playing against similar size and skill players, main thing holing him back is his ability to play a full game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back