Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking out the Freo instagram story it seems the leadership group is the same.

Spurr, Walters, Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Sandilands.
I don't think they've done the vote for this coming season yet.
Think they do it mid February but that may have changed since we dropped leading teams.
I don't think Spurr will be in the leadership group and Sandi might also be replaced, I don't see either of them playing enough games to warrant the position.
Brad Hill should be in and maybe someone younger, A Pearce was talked up a bit but I think his focus should be purely on getting back to AFL.

Think they do it mid February but that may have changed since we dropped leading teams.
I don't think Spurr will be in the leadership group and Sandi might also be replaced, I don't see either of them playing enough games to warrant the position.
Brad Hill should be in and maybe someone younger, A Pearce was talked up a bit but I think his focus should be purely on getting back to AFL.

I'd be happy if we went back to more of the traditional set up and only had 4. Fyfe and 3 deputies. Agree the 2 to go should be Spurr and Sandi.

I would find it surprising if they did the leadership photo shoot for the year's promotional material only to have a vote to potentially change that group a month later. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but then logic often takes a back seat so I guess we'll see. My view is that this is the leadership group for this year which means we shouldn't expect to see Sandi or Spurr left out or rested much until later in the year if age, form, or injuries catches up with them.

I would find it surprising if they did the leadership photo shoot for the year's promotional material only to have a vote to potentially change that group a month later. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but then logic often takes a back seat so I guess we'll see. My view is that this is the leadership group for this year which means we shouldn't expect to see Sandi or Spurr left out or rested much until later in the year if age, form, or injuries catches up with them.
Mundy confirmed my suspicion in his interview yesterday, the photo was last year's leadership group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back