Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird shite with Hardie again on TAB radio this morning saying that we're only playing Alex Pearce to spite the reports that he's reinjured his thumb.

As reported by Hagdorn here: https://aflfeeds.com/article/injury-setback-to-young-docker-caps-horror-weekend-for-fremantle

Alex Pearce was on 6pr radio on Tuesday night. No audio but the 6pr Sportsday twitter feed quotes the exchange

@Karl6pr: Did you re-injure your thumb?
Alex Pearce: No, I had my mum message me asking about my thumb. I didn't know what was going on. My thumb pulled up really well.

Amazing that Hardie would report that Freo would jeopardize the health and future playing career of one of our best young players just to get back at Hagdorn and his miss reporting. Shows how disturbed Hardie is . The media needs to distance themselves from him ,he seriously needs help.

Glad that Liam Ryan is being left alone by the media to sort out his problems but the way Ryan is being treated and the way that Yarran ,Johnson and Bennell were hounded just shows the media bias towards Freo. Its really disturbing the anti Freo stand by the majority of journos.

Trying to look at the best side of people (ha!) maybe Yarran's horrible story chastised them somewhat and they are improving their behaviour around mental health problems... ? :oops:

Glad that Liam Ryan is being left alone by the media to sort out his problems but the way Ryan is being treated and the way that Yarran ,Johnson and Bennell were hounded just shows the media bias towards Freo. Its really disturbing the anti Freo stand by the majority of journos.

Salim, I agree with your sentiment.

As we feel that in Liam Ryan's instance, this has been treated in a subdued manner by the media, could we hold this reporting practice up to the Journalists Club, when the next WA player has an "off day" ?. It would be nice for the media to maintain the same standards with all stories.

As for me, I have no faith in the WA media, bunch of lemmings without an original thought !!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who uses bing???

Here's the clips embedded if you wanna watch them:

Thanks, Allikat, I really enjoyed that. I found it more enjoyable than the Bob Murphy interview, maybe cuz Nat was more relaxed and natural. You can tell he was in his element, and trucking is clearly in his blood. I can just imagine him hanging around his dad as a little tacker.

Just watched first bit of footy WA.
They gave Freo a clip, fair enough, but that would have to be close t the worst presenting I’ve ever seen.

Watters just looks down at his notes every 5 seconds... hilariously bad.

They gave Freo a clip, fair enough, but that would have to be close t the worst presenting I’ve ever seen.

Yeah but the emphasis on us not attacking was correct. This defensive s**t is making me question my membership!!

Perhaps they had some valid points but Watters and Cummings both hate Freo, are hardly strategic geniuses and are horrible presenters. Therefore happy never to watch that idiotic show again.

Yeah but the emphasis on us not attacking was correct. This defensive s**t is making me question my membership!!

I am starting to feel the same. It just seems that unless we have the majority of our best players available we are ultra defensive and no one enjoys a game where your team has to stop every time they get the pill for half the team to run forward.

The reports on the Peel game indicating that Peel were playing all 18 in the back line against Subi only adds to the hopelessness as well.

Are we never going to be allowed to attack the game, even at the very beginning.

Why would you join this team if you were a forward.

What I love is last week basically Hardie blasted Lyon and said with our injuries he would probably not play the youth and revert to D Pearce and Johnson again just to have a credible loss so instead Lyon does continue to play the kids depsite the inevitable thrashing...does Hardie then at least acknowledge they are doing the right thing and sticking to their plan on the the rebuild this morning, of course not...he just finds another point to criticise and says they are too defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back