Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How will they survive without this essential skill? They probably can't use an abacus or understand morse code either! Thank god you got your kid out of that pro-girl abomination and into a proper all-boys private school with good values ... he can probably tie a proper Windsor knot now.

Hopefully more people see the injustice and we can stop these rampant SJWs giving these young girls such a huge advantage :rolleyes:
It's just a measure of a basic skill, mate.

Another was reccomened to be tested for dyslexia only weeks after starting high school. And he had it. Why did the small primary school not pick up on it at all?

It isnt an SJW issue by any stretch, in this case it's when you have a teacher which doesn't have the patience to deal with less mature kids and puts the time in to the 'easy to teach' kids. At that age, that is 80% of the time girls.

He's also a Norwood fan
I will never understand people like this. How can anyone simultaneously support Norwood in the SANFL, and Port in the AFL? It's like someone choosing to support Collingwood in the VFL and Essendon in the AFL.

It's just a measure of a basic skill, mate.

Another was reccomened to be tested for dyslexia only weeks after starting high school. And he had it. Why did the small primary school not pick up on it at all?

It isnt an SJW issue by any stretch, in this case it's when you have a teacher which doesn't have the patience to deal with less mature kids and puts the time in to the 'easy to teach' kids. At that age, that is 80% of the time girls.
Reading a clock is not a measure of anything. It's as arbitrary as being able to play an instrument being used a measure of education.

If you are just saying that this one teacher was crap, then that of course could be the case. In fact, the whole school could be rubbish ... OR your experience of the school could be the outlier.

I'm not here to defend the education system, I can't stand the thinking and mindset that is being encouraged in our kids / teachers / parents in the name of "education" ... but claiming that teachers in general are going to favour girls over boys because girls are "easier to teach" is a bit over the top.

I could introduce you to a few girls from a group I am working with at the moment in a Community Project that would be described as the opposite of "easy" ... but then it would be madness to extrapolate my experience to the entire population wouldn't it?

Off topic question to Soccer Fans ......i'm watching Stoke City playing Everton in Snow conditions .......many bears have been killed to keep supporters warm .....there's snail trails all over the pitch .....miserable conditions

My question is: why haven't Soccer gone indoor stadiums ? .....they're smaller pitches than AFL .....there's plenty of money to have indoor stadiums ....so why not, is it simply tradition ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic question to Soccer Fans ......i'm watching Stoke City playing Everton in Snow conditions .......many bears have been killed to keep supporters warm .....there's snail trails all over the pitch .....miserable conditions

My question is: why haven't Soccer gone indoor stadiums ? .....they're smaller pitches than AFL .....there's plenty of money to have indoor stadiums ....so why not, is it simply tradition ?
I think it’s partly tradition. Playing an away game in blustery conditions at stoke is a cliche for sorting out the men from the European prima donas.

Partly that soccer needs better quality turf than football and is hard to grow in an indoor stadium

I think it’s partly tradition. Playing an away game in blustery conditions at stoke is a cliche for sorting out the men from the European prima donas.

Partly that soccer needs better quality turf than football and is hard to grow in an indoor stadium
Good point .....but am i correct that the Goal Box & lines are heated ......because those areas have no snow, and the rest of the pitch is snow covered ?

How can something be "back on the cards" if it was never on the cards in the first place?

I thought a move into the CBD was considered at one stage shortly after moving to AO, or perhaps I misread something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why would it be. We have a lease at Football Park until at least 2048 regardless of who’s in government

We may have a lease. but, from next year there will be no capabilities of night training, and in 2/3 years time, the Oval will be Open to the Public. Which mean we will have to train at times on different venues with lockout and light capabilities.

But the 2 most important reasons for moving before the lease expires Are,
1st important reason, the current facilities will get old and require a major rebuild in about 15/20 years, But more importantly, if the AFLW increases and the AFL get a reserves team in they will need a bigger facility to accommodate 3 teams in 5 to 6 years. all training and Playing at the same time of the season. there no way they are going to spend big money on the current facility.
2nd Important reason, Money. while they have a lease for 30 odd years, the developer would like to move in quicker, the timing of when they move may be a mini-windfall with the developer paying them to vacate there lease. The longer they are at West Lakes the less money they will be offered.

My tip is they would have planned for a move within 15 years, but the AFLW and AFL ressies would have forced a change in there planning. So I expect a change in 5/10 years. to a facility that has more than 1 oval.

How will they survive without this essential skill? They probably can't use an abacus or understand morse code either! Thank god you got your kid out of that pro-girl abomination and into a proper all-boys private school with good values ... he can probably tie a proper Windsor knot now.

Hopefully more people see the injustice and we can stop these rampant SJWs giving these young girls such a huge advantage :rolleyes:
I’ve got no problem with them promoting success for female students (I love that girls are now encouraged to think big and that they can do anything - a far cry from the typing pool/hairdresser/mother type options we were given ), but when boys are treated almost as second class citizens within the same school, you just know this isn’t going to end well. What’s wrong with promoting success for ALL students? And look, as a female who has had to struggle through rampant chauvinism and glass ceilings all my life, I am fully aware of how far they need to go, but you don’t achieve equality by suppressing the oppressors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back