2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Committed teachers spend half of their holidays planning mate. As well as spending a fair bit of their weekends planning and assessing. It might appear to ignorant people that they get a generous time off compared to other people, but It is not really the case.
Ignorant? It’s funny that you say that yet at the same time are potting all other professions implying it’s too easy and we don’t need the extra time to plan. You don’t think us other full timers work on weekends too? It’s the comparison here that needs to be taken into account. Every other job has heaps of planning too. I know plenty of teachers who use holidays just for holidays. Maybe a couple of days on work. Thing is they went through school and uni with summer holidays then straight into work with them as well so they don’t exactly know what it’s like to not have them. Again, this is not about the job being easy. I don’t think it would be

Last edited:
1z82eu.jpg

...then waits for the teachers to correct my grammar!

Josh Schache trims down as he attempts to prove doubters wrong at the Kennel
JON RALPH, Herald Sun
November 10, 2017 6:41pm

NEW Western Bulldogs recruit Josh Schache has stripped up to 3kg of excess weight as he tries to rediscover the impressive tank that made him a No.2 draft pick.

Instead of sitting back waiting to see where he would land in the trade period Schache put together a strong off-season running program.

In his final TAC Cup season as he kicked a record 24 goals in the Under-18 championships he was renowned as a power running forward.

139790e23ec8e9a4e368b213c2eba4ef

A slimmer Josh Schache hits the track at Whitten oval. Picture: Nicole Garmston
He burnt off opponents then with his unerring kicking converted set shots, taken behind only Carlton’s Jacob Weitering in the 2015 national draft.

The former Brisbane Lion, listed at 96kg this season, arrived at the Bulldogs this week not only leaner but with a huge base of off-season running under his belt.

In his first session the Dogs were clearly impressed by his running capacity after trading for him in the final minutes of trade period.

It is understood the 20-year-old has signed a three-year deal at the Dogs, who this week signed up free agent Jackson Macrae until 2022.

The Dogs eventually gave up picks 25 and 40 for Schache, who has kicked 25 goals in his 27 games over two seasons.

Schache is determined to prove wrong the doubters who questioned his lack of competitiveness in his second year, as he battled poor form and homesickness.

Rival AFL clubs were not only put off by his lack of forward pressure but some NEAFL performances where he had only a handful of possessions.

7b8fca2836983d5c922b410ddc161ab3

A slimmer Josh Schache wants to prove the doubters wrong. Picture: Nicole Garmston
a8cc34c68963bceec6b462533ec31974

Schache in action for the Lions. Picture: AFL Media
Dogs assistant Rohan Smith told the club website this week Schache and Tom Boyd were already building chemistry.

"We put them both together, they worked in conjunction really well and Tommy was helping Josh out with his movement,” Smith said.

“They looked really good together, so it’s pretty exciting. He ran really well for a big guy, so we were really please with that.

“Then with the skill component, you could see he is a very, very sound kick, so we were really pleased with how he performed today, and we’re looking forward to him being a big part of the footy club.

“Josh really enjoyed himself and had a really good time out there.”

The Dogs need to find new avenues to goal after the departure of Jake Stringer, who kicked an equal-team-high 24 goals this year.

It came off seasons of 56 goals (2015) and 42 goals (2016) in the premiership year.

Macrae said there was no animosity in Stringer’s departure to Essendon.

“He obviously could have done a lot of things better, and you know looking back it could have been handled a lot better in different scenarios, but he’s now at Essendon and I wish him all the best,” he told SEN.

bd8d8d5ef91eb6ecdbbbc6f772a5dbb5

Tom Boyd at Western Bulldogs training. Picture: Nicole Garmston

If the mods could go through this thread and delete all the posts about teaching I don't think anyone would be too upset? Pretty please? I can live without my 25 likes

Igloo Mike__ Ant_ Mofra

Sorry to give you work to do on a Sunday

Ignorant? It’s funny that you say that yet at the same time are potting all other professions implying it’s too easy and we don’t need the extra time to plan. You don’t think us other full timers work on weekends too? It’s the comparison here that needs to be taken into account. Every other job has heaps of planning too. I know plenty of teachers who use holidays just for holidays. Maybe a couple of days on work. Thing is they went through school and uni with summer holidays then straight into work with them as well so they don’t exactly know what it’s like to not have them. Again, this is not about the job being easy. I don’t think it would be
Fair enough mate. Time to talk about football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a casual relief primary school teacher but spent the last two weeks with the same grade 3/4 class. I don’t get paid for my holidays.

If you think my job is easy I’d challenge you to 30 mins trying to be in control of that class without going crazy. 4 autistic kids, a quarter of the class Indigenous, bitchy girls, hippie parents with no boundaries, a girl who has been home schooled all her life and rocked up this year, another girl who identifies as a boy...

I loved it & I did a great job but the energy I spent remaining calm in the face of chaos was hurting my health. Last Friday I thought I’d have a few beers and unwind. I ended up drinking and thinking until 1am about how to improve my teaching & make that class easier for one particularly troubled kid who has been through 4 schools in 4 years

This has nothing to do with preseason but please don’t criticise teachers. It’s a job that requires a lot of energy if you want to do it well.
I know I'm a couple of days late to the party but just wanted to chime in, tip hat, currently year 3/4 coordinator at a western suburb primary school. Very low socio-economic area, extremely transient families due to low income rentals that surround the area. Hard work, wouldn't have it any other way. Go Dogs.

I know I'm a couple of days late to the party but just wanted to chime in, tip hat, currently year 3/4 coordinator at a western suburb primary school. Very low socio-economic area, extremely transient families due to low income rentals that surround the area. Hard work, wouldn't have it any other way. Go Dogs.

I err, hadn't got to the part where everyone was burnt on the teacher posts.

Carry on...

Really hope Schache can become good. I want him and Boyd up forward for most of the year
he has a huge up imo. someone compared the number of goals he has kicked in two seasons with those of the likes of kennedy, buddy and others and he was just as good and if not better. if those stats are true this guy will be a gun.

oh by the way, stringer who?

Im allowing myself to dream Schache is gonna be a gun.

Come at me.

I personally see more in his (scache) game that can make it than Tom Boyd imo.

Better kick
Better mark
More mobile/ agile
Better fitness base

Watched the dogs v swans game from 2017 last night.

Amazing in that side we had Cloke Crameri stringer mBoyd Murphy. Cloke kicked 3/4- stringer a couple bursting out of the middle and Murphy kept hitting up targets inside fifty while kicking one himself.

Thought to myself replacing these guys going to be a journey this year !

Have to agree Dannnn[etc]. We get zero from arty-farty shots of boot laces being tied, or the seemingly inevitable shots of in focus stationary footballs, with blurred out players in the background. Give us more film of players actually training, and less pseudo art school movie making.

I just turn off the screen and listen to the awesome background music

Schache is certainly showing good intent with that extra pre-pre season running.
He's always had an elite tank for his size. A gut-runner on the HF line actually suits our style of play, a genuine link up player when we rebound out of the HB line who isn't 4 foot 3 (sorry Caleb, he runs his gut out but height will always be an issue).

Week 2 starts today. Don't know about you guys, but I am positively frothing at the mouth for some more videos of blurry players in the background while we learn all about Matty Suckling's patented shoelace tying technique.

If the mods could go through this thread and delete all the posts about teaching I don't think anyone would be too upset? Pretty please? I can live without my 25 likes

Igloo Mike__ Ant_ Mofra

Sorry to give you work to do on a Sunday
Or move them to the random discussion thread perhaps

Week 2 starts today. Don't know about you guys, but I am positively frothing at the mouth for some more videos of blurry players in the background while we learn all about Matty Suckling's patented shoelace tying technique.
Libba Libba Libba Libba I wanna hear about Libba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back